Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
03.22.2012 , 12:02 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Opticflare View Post
stop trolling if you dont understand how this is bad ****.... just because WoW did it doesnt mean we want it.... if you were happy with other games doing it go back to those games... there is a reason i chose to pay for this game... and it wasnt so i would end up with wow mechanics
You pull the "BW, do you even play our own game?" card and you say that I'm trolling.

Hi pot, meet kettle. I was just adding some reality to your "sky is falling" statements. This mechanic isn't that bad. In 6 months from now this issue won't be a big deal as people will have gotten used to it. You will adjust too.

I pay for this game as well, so my opinion cancels yours out. In the end. Bioware decided this was a necessary change for balance reasons. Deal with it. Or stop paying.

And, btw, if you really didn't want WoW mechanics, then there's a lot of games you shouldn't be playing, this one included as it has a lot of the same mechanics that exist in WoW... and, frankly, a lot of MMO's.

MrHotter's Avatar


MrHotter
03.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #122
I like the change. I've never been a fan of consumables because they are never 'optional' if you PvP or are pushing yourself in PvE.

If we could use a medpack every 10 seconds then the encounters would need to be much harder and we would all have to use a medpack every 10 seconds. If we can use a medpack once a fight, then the fights will be tuned with that factor considered.

I hate it when PvP/PvE is ruled by the one who is willing to grind out more crafting time than the next player. Some people have infinite patience when it means they'll have an advantage over their opponents that is not based on skill.
"I have infinite capacity to do more work as long as you don't mind if my quality approaches zero" -Dilbert

Xothos's Avatar


Xothos
03.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #123
There is no problem with this. I hardly use my medpacks in any encounter unless its a true oh s*** moment, and at most thats once. I count on my healers to keep me alive
Xothos, 50 Sith Juggernaut

Bazzoong's Avatar


Bazzoong
03.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
As a Sage I never exit combat in any PVP situation because I am the one healing..
^^This

and the more active and successful you are, the less medpack uses per wz you will get, while people less active and successful (like in dying a lot) will have their med pack use every 1 min 30 sec.

and again the 8sec and you are out of combat does not work reliably, nor does "vanish" drop combat reliably neither in solo nor pvp content.

That`s my last statement on the topic.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2012 , 12:04 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Opticflare View Post
A you are not Biochem or B you are a cheap *** that dont buy comsumable medpacs.... on my alts that are not biochems I use medpacs on CD to help healers or my own healing pet keep me up.....
No I use consumable medpacs, but for most fights can only use one anyway because of the 90 sec cooldown. But at that point the fight is over. Though I am speaking about PVE scenarios, not PVP ones.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Opticflare's Avatar


Opticflare
03.22.2012 , 12:04 PM | #126
IMO this is a nerf to make the Casuals game experice easier.... since medpacs are not cheap (about 20k per in my server) they decide to make it one per pull.... while all people that are competitive or 10/10 NMM actually care and spend all this credits into being a better raider 4300 heal is not game breaking... SPECIALLY AFTER ALL GLOBAL HEALING NERF!

TCNate's Avatar


TCNate
03.22.2012 , 12:05 PM | #127
Stealths will be able to abuse this.
Adola - Disciples of Babylon

Kabaal's Avatar


Kabaal
03.22.2012 , 12:05 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
You exit combat in PvP 8 seconds after the last hostile action. DOTs do not refresh this status.

You're playing very unusual games of Huttball if you never drop out of combat. Especially given that the ball resets to the center after someone scores, moving the action quickly.
Do you play all the classes in PvP and play them all well? It's frequent, especially in Voidstar, to be in combat practically the entire match when playing certain classes with the state of the current game. At 50 with one skilled geared side versus another of the same some matches are practically stalemate.

The change is plain wrong.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
03.22.2012 , 12:05 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Opticflare View Post
A you are not Biochem or B you are a cheap *** that dont buy comsumable medpacs.... on my alts that are not biochems I use medpacs on CD to help healers or my own healing pet keep me up.....
Honestly, it's almost a rare occurrence that I've had to use a medpac... let alone 2 or more in a single fight. I mostly do it to be nice. In 8-man if a healer dies I'll use it as their busy healing the tank usually, but beyond that, I've hardly needed one in PvE.

If you're relying on medpacs then you probably dont' have good healers or you're not getting out of the fire fast enough.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
03.22.2012 , 12:11 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We are still in discussions to restore pre-level 50 medpacs to their previous condition to avoid negatively affecting the PvE game during the leveling process for people that heavily rely on medpacs.
Please, restore at least this one...