Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PLEASE VOTE: Give Us Real Combat Logs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
PLEASE VOTE: Give Us Real Combat Logs

Hxxr's Avatar


Hxxr
03.27.2012 , 03:41 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Matte_Black View Post
Comparative Data Analysis = Fun?
Now this might be new to you, but not all people enjoy the same things. No matter the subject, what's fun and what not is something intrapersonal.

Quote: Originally Posted by RinqualFireburst View Post
What's the need for combat logs when everything is incredibly easy?
Ever tried (or watched streams) the hard mode ops for 1.2.
And if they hold true to their promis nightmare will be a larger difficulty increase than for Vault and Palace.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.
I hope you don't mind me putting you in my signature? :>
Couldn't have thought of a better way to voice my own opinion on this matter.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Rtwozero's Avatar


Rtwozero
03.27.2012 , 03:42 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by RinqualFireburst View Post
What's the need for combat logs when everything is incredibly easy?
Exactly. Nightmare tier and Rates PvP should be niche play styles that require additional theory crafting tools on hand to enable longevity in content and ensure solid class and environment progression in the future.

The remaining tiers are then able to have a more flexible play style without stress or a steep learning curve whilst still recieving the flow on benifits. On hand/in-game theory crafting fundamentals are essential for this and are required to continue to push new tiers of content in new and engaging directions.
- R2Zero - The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent.

Vahzl's Avatar


Vahzl
03.27.2012 , 03:54 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Hxxr View Post
Now this might be new to you, but not all people enjoy the same things. No matter the subject, what's fun and what not is something intrapersonal.



Ever tried (or watched streams) the hard mode ops for 1.2.
And if they hold true to their promis nightmare will be a larger difficulty increase than for Vault and Palace.



I hope you don't mind me putting you in my signature? :>
Couldn't have thought of a better way to voice my own opinion on this matter.
A gun does not want or need to kill. The person wielding the gun however is what makes it dangerous.

I for one don't want to give people tools to abuse or harass others, and for something as niche as a combat log, I could care less if it's left out forever.
Click here to visit my Videogames Review Site
@XtraLifeBastion <-- Follow me on Twitter!
"I stopped eating McDonalds last year, but this doesn't mean I should write them a tear filled letter telling them why I have done so, I just don't give them money and don't go into the restaurants"

Rtwozero's Avatar


Rtwozero
03.27.2012 , 05:15 AM | #314
Combat logs don't abuse or harass people. Players do....... Thankfully you can ignore both if you choose to. Why try and restrict information based on the fact that some players are rude or abusive?

You can /ignore a player at anytime. I can't see the relevance of players attitudes to that of an in-game combat log. One reports statistical information and the other reports opinions. Please do not advocate for the restriction of information if you are unable to differentiate between the two.
- R2Zero - The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent.

MasterKayote's Avatar


MasterKayote
03.27.2012 , 06:04 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Vahzl View Post
A gun does not want or need to kill. The person wielding the gun however is what makes it dangerous.

I for one don't want to give people tools to abuse or harass others, and for something as niche as a combat log, I could care less if it's left out forever.
Exactly. Combat logs is a tool that is a abused. Like any other tool with the same problem there are regulations to prevent such misuse ... which is **gasp** exactly what Bioware is doing! @#&$in crazy logic Batman!

BRB, im going to petition Squarenix for a DLC Combat Log for XIII-2. Jet Bahamut is constantly kicking my *** and I need to figure out a perfect rotation with perfect equipment to beat him. Screw playing the game and trying out different things like ive done in EVERY OTHER GAME I ever had a challenging encounter in ... I play competitively and need to beat him NAO!

Jebei's Avatar


Jebei
03.27.2012 , 06:04 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Combat logs don't abuse or harass people. Players do....... Thankfully you can ignore both if you choose to. Why try and restrict information based on the fact that some players are rude or abusive?

You can /ignore a player at anytime. I can't see the relevance of players attitudes to that of an in-game combat log. One reports statistical information and the other reports opinions. Please do not advocate for the restriction of information if you are unable to differentiate between the two.
Players will eventually have a personal dps and threatmeter as well as tools to do a comprehensive out of game study of encounters. That gives individuals what they need as well as progression guilds. The only people that want more information is e-peeners that will use the information to grief strangers in operations. Operations aren't hard enough to demand that and I along with a majority of other players support excluding tools for that purpose.

DarthKhaos's Avatar


DarthKhaos
03.27.2012 , 07:27 AM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
BRB, im going to petition Squarenix for a DLC Combat Log for XIII-2. Jet Bahamut is constantly kicking my *** and I need to figure out a perfect rotation with perfect equipment to beat him. Screw playing the game and trying out different things like ive done in EVERY OTHER GAME I ever had a challenging encounter in ... I play competitively and need to beat him NAO!
This is so win. Tears came out of my eyes from laughing so hard.

Everything related to computers deal with numbers. From typing a text document to saving an image to playing videogames. Interestingly enough it is only when it comes to MMOs SOME players demand to know everything that is going on behind the scene and with the numbers. You don't see them asking for real time combat logs with a dps meter for call of duty. Hell that game doesn't even have a health bar anymore like other FPS.
=================================
F2P? NO THANKS
CANCELLED
=================================

MinguesDew's Avatar


MinguesDew
03.27.2012 , 08:13 AM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Vahzl View Post
A gun does not want or need to kill.

I for one don't want to give people tools to abuse or harass others.
Quoted for posterity/stupidity/hypocrisy/hilarity.

3rd party parsing is perfect great job BW! It gives enthusiasts theorycrafting for longevity while keeping it out of the hands of simps who can't write two sentences without contradiction.

Sevvy's Avatar


Sevvy
03.27.2012 , 08:14 AM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by itekazzawrrlic View Post
it's just a chicken sh*t way of saying they want to compete for epeen status.....
Anyone who thinks this is the sole purpose of wanting combat logs/damage meters has never done a hard/nightmare mode raid. If not everyone is doing their job, you're not going to kill bosses. That is the real purpose for this sort of stuff. Being able to see what happened. Why is that so hard to understand?

If people use it for epeen purposes, so be it. But it's useful for gauging where you and the rest of your raid stand. That's what I want it for.
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>

Sevvy's Avatar


Sevvy
03.27.2012 , 08:22 AM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
Exactly. Combat logs is a tool that is a abused. Like any other tool with the same problem there are regulations to prevent such misuse ... which is **gasp** exactly what Bioware is doing! @#&$in crazy logic Batman!
You can abuse anything in this world. Let's outlaw everything, especially a mechanism to provide factual data. We don't want facts infecting this world.
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>