Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

UI Import


Sporin's Avatar


Sporin
03.22.2012 , 06:30 AM | #1
As the title says, a UI import idea like the one Rift has would save a lot of headache and time, I'm not looking forward to sorting the UI of all 16 of my characters.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. But SWTOR F2P!?!? Time to die.

Foker's Avatar


Foker
03.22.2012 , 06:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
As the title says, a UI import idea like the one Rift has would save a lot of headache and time, I'm not looking forward to sorting the UI of all 16 of my characters.
Dont know if this helps, but once you make the UI once, you can use it with a click of a button on another toon. This is already there.

Strongfort's Avatar


Strongfort
03.22.2012 , 07:40 AM | #3
Is there a way to send someone a 'configuration file' related to the UI so people can share their UI layout with friends?

RickRedOne's Avatar


RickRedOne
03.22.2012 , 07:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Strongfort View Post
Is there a way to send someone a 'configuration file' related to the UI so people can share their UI layout with friends?
Yes, the file is stored as a XML file, about 25K in size.

It is the same place as your character settings

Users>(username)>AppData>Local>SWTOR>publictest>se ttings>GUIProfiles
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

dorkvid's Avatar


dorkvid
03.22.2012 , 08:29 AM | #5
Check out http://sithwarrior.com/uifileshare/ for uploading and sharing your XML files that store your UI changes
Rolfson, the Immortal Legacy of Vornskr

Foker's Avatar


Foker
03.22.2012 , 08:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dorkvid View Post
Check out http://sithwarrior.com/uifileshare/ for uploading and sharing your XML files that store your UI changes
Thanks for the link. Wish the images loaded a little faster, and more people need to show raid frames too!

dorkvid's Avatar


dorkvid
03.22.2012 , 08:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foker View Post
Thanks for the link. Wish the images loaded a little faster, and more people need to show raid frames too!
No problem! We're working on getting everything running faster, and we appreciate all criticism / suggestions
Rolfson, the Immortal Legacy of Vornskr

Strongfort's Avatar


Strongfort
03.22.2012 , 11:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RickRedOne View Post
Yes, the file is stored as a XML file, about 25K in size.

It is the same place as your character settings

Users>(username)>AppData>Local>SWTOR>publictest>se ttings>GUIProfiles
Thank you for the info! Should be nice to be able to share and use other's UI designs!

Foker's Avatar


Foker
03.22.2012 , 03:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RickRedOne View Post
Yes, the file is stored as a XML file, about 25K in size.

It is the same place as your character settings

Users>(username)>AppData>Local>SWTOR>publictest>se ttings>GUIProfiles

This path does not seem to exist for me. I do not even have a settings folder in my SWTOR or SWTOR PTS directory. What am I missing?

Note I am running Windows 7.

-PoLaRiS-'s Avatar


-PoLaRiS-
03.22.2012 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Foker View Post
This path does not seem to exist for me. I do not even have a settings folder in my SWTOR or SWTOR PTS directory. What am I missing?

Note I am running Windows 7.
Show hidden Folders
PolariZ
<Fearless –eception>
50 - PowerTech - Shield Tech