Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game will not run

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hendricksnascar
12.16.2011 , 03:12 PM | #1
I have a Inspiron 530s and have the proper hardware to run the game but just have the on-board video card. The launcher comes up and I log in and click play then my screen goes black for a second and then turns right back to the desktop with no game running. A friend of mine has the exact same computer with the same stuff and his game starts up without any problems. I have re-installed the game about 5 times now and cannot figure out why the game will not run. Anyone have any suggestions?

sdlaurin
12.16.2011 , 03:13 PM | #2
are your drivers up to date?

tayavatar
12.16.2011 , 03:14 PM | #3
Change your screen resolution to max and see what happens would be my suggestion first off mate

Deadlyblight
12.16.2011 , 03:15 PM | #4
Same issue here - the game worked fine for the beta, but the new version isn't loading the actual game, even though the launcher logs say the game was launched successfully.

Lofa
12.16.2011 , 03:16 PM | #5
Same problem for me. It launched the intro videos after installing then crashed. Now it just crashes
{||<>█)████████████████████████████████████)

Deadlyblight
12.16.2011 , 03:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tayavatar View Post
Change your screen resolution to max and see what happens would be my suggestion first off mate
My screen's already at max, so no good there - tried it on minimum for kicks and same issue. Hit the play button, then black screen for a quarter of a second, then nothing.

hendricksnascar
12.16.2011 , 03:21 PM | #7
Yes, all of my drivers are up to date. I did change my screen resolution to ALL the resolutions that my screen could do and the same thing still happened. I'm getting a little frustrated considering that if it can run fine on the exact same specs of another computer then why the crap won't it run on the other? Ughh...

Smashems
12.16.2011 , 03:26 PM | #8
I am having the exact same problem, game ran perfectly for me in the beta but now it wont go past the intro video without crashing back to the desktop

Deadlyblight
12.16.2011 , 03:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashems View Post
I am having the exact same problem, game ran perfectly for me in the beta but now it wont go past the intro video without crashing back to the desktop
Sounds like a different problem, smash... I don't know about OP's, but mine literally loads nothing, not even the intro video. The game never starts, the launcher just disappears quietly and says it launched the game.

ZILENTSITH
12.16.2011 , 03:33 PM | #10
hey guys having a spot of bother playing the game i launch and it goes to the loading screen for about 15 sec the exits back to my desktop i have tried changing the fullscreen to false updated my drivers can anyone help