Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Waiting Queue

Hutt
12.16.2011 , 03:11 PM | #1
I haven't played many mmo's. Little wow & swg. But this is the first time I've encountered the wait queue to log on. Although not a bad idea to contain traffic, I hate it. Are there any future idea to remedy the wait times?

Thx

DentMasterson
12.16.2011 , 03:14 PM | #2
Queues are a part of any new MMO. I've had them with both SWG and WoW. This launch has gone a lot smoother than SWG. Those servers could not stay up.
8[▀|=====|▀[*]▀|{██████████████████)

kaireigu
12.16.2011 , 03:22 PM | #3
I agree with this guy waiting 45 minutes to get logged onto a game isn't acceptable, I realise the game has not officially launched yet and there are still a few bugs within the game but if we can't actually play the game, then that can be seen as a major issue and will leave many people frustrated.

I'm sure Bioware and Lucasarts are working night and day to get the game functioning for launch but in a technical sense the game has already launched for all of us with early game access and we are unable to use our time promised to us.

The servers need to be your number one priority right now, so increase the capacity and add additional servers until everyone can log on

Do you best Bioware I'm a major fan of SWTOR and see myself playing it for years to come.

Snoex
12.16.2011 , 03:26 PM | #4
Now Im alreadz waiting over2 hours for the server where mz comunity is. Heh 5 min. ago electricitz spikes and Im back in the que from the beginning which is unfair.

Bittz
12.16.2011 , 03:30 PM | #5
This has got worse as the day has go on... firstly you wait 10 mins or so... not to bad.

Its when you get DC'd due to the lag and have to wait 35 mins to return, you start to get a bit miffed but wait.... When i got in and played I got DC'd again within 1 hour...
Now Queuing AGAIN but this time im looking at over 1 hr...

This is Friday and were not even on release date yet. Not happy and if it continues to get worse over the weekend I will be feeling worse...

Why bother spending extra for pre release if you spend more time in a que than playing...

Surely BIO need to release a statement to us all telling us what there plan is because my realm is now wedged....
I dont think people are gonna move there characters to another realm or make a new one because we all know the point of pre release is to get in early and have some advantage over the rest joining on the 20th...

Plus its the realm that BIO put my Guild in.... I didnt choose it, I had no choice, nor did anyone else.

Really feel like they have messed up here BIG STYLE!!!! so lets have some solutions BIO
Windhund Guild Proud to be part of the The 116th Panzer Division, Der Windhund
The Twin Spears (US) Hex Droid (EU) ... Visit www.116thpanzer.com for more info....
We achieve our Full Potential as Wargamers via Training and Teamwork.

Stokkie
12.16.2011 , 03:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DentMasterson View Post
Queues are a part of any new MMO. I've had them with both SWG and WoW. This launch has gone a lot smoother than SWG. Those servers could not stay up.
All of the major MMO's have been much and much smoother in regards to server queue's.
im in the queue for 3,5 hour now and just halfway. I have participated in most major mmo's. longest queue took about 30 minutes.

The length of the queue is not uncommon. ive bin in 1500+ queue's before. but these queue's are just sloooooooooooooooooow.

Tried another server but it was taken over by the russians as their assigned server was bursting.

Waddleh
12.16.2011 , 03:35 PM | #7
I'm fairly rage like at the mo as I'm sat at 4 hours and 12 minutes to get through a damn queue. Not in any shape or form acceptable. No Dev responds to any queue threads and its getting rather pathetic, I'd rather hear a "sorry we ****ed up, more are coming to lighten the load" than a nothing at all.
!█!█!█!█!█[]█!█!!▐!██████████████████████████████████████)