Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Darth Vadar an idiot?

Captain_Zone
03.22.2012 , 08:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictos View Post
Question: Was Darth Vader an idiot?

Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Truthfully, I'm only posting here so I don't lose the post quoted below. Looking forward to watching those videos. FWIW, Mathew Stover's novelization of Revenge of the Sith is also very good for fleshing out the story. When you consider what Stover had to work with, his work is really quite amazing.)
Yeah. He had to make sense of George Lucas's story. I am reading it now, in fact. Great stuff! Really makes me feel sorry for ol' Anakin. He was being manipulated by Palpatine the way Pally was manipulating pretty much EVERYONE in the Republic, only worse.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

mefit
03.22.2012 , 09:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Yeah. He had to make sense of George Lucas's story. I am reading it now, in fact. Great stuff! Really makes me feel sorry for ol' Anakin. He was being manipulated by Palpatine the way Pally was manipulating pretty much EVERYONE in the Republic, only worse.
Anakin wasn't the most wisest Jedi ever, he was a Jedi who lived for the day and had a woman he loved without ends. He was a human story told to us though a fantasy setting . Anakin will forever be my favorite Jedi ever !

As for Vadar , he was wise and did think about things . Palpitine just happen to be smarter and always been a character who planed things out way ahead of time and thought it through in many paths so that way he always knew a way to fix the situations. Doesn't make Vadar stupid
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

LeeTone
03.22.2012 , 09:07 PM | #23
At that point he would have realized that Palpatine had played everyone himself included from the beginning.

Of course there was no turning back after helping Palpatine kill Windu and all.

Captain_Zone
03.22.2012 , 09:10 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Anakin wasn't the most wisest Jedi ever, he was a Jedi who lived for the day and had a woman he loved without ends. He was a human story told to us though a fantasy setting . Anakin will forever be my favorite Jedi ever !

As for Vadar , he was wise and did think about things . Palpitine just happen to be smarter and always been a character who planed things out way ahead of time and thought it through in many paths so that way he always knew a way to fix the situations. Doesn't make Vadar stupid
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Palpatine makes Machiavelli look like pure amateur hour. If you've ever read Machiavelli, you KNOW how insidious he was. George OBVIOUSLY based Palpatine on Machiavelli, then took it to the next level.
. OPOD

schmakman
03.22.2012 , 09:39 PM | #25
Just read the Darth Plagueis book and you will understand just how conniving Sidious was.

Toonimator
03.23.2012 , 01:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Good call I refuse to buy Ep. 3 after I saw it in the cinema because of the stupid ending(s).
Spoiler

I think George Lucas started believing his own BS about how "Ep. 4-6" was the "middle trilogy" of a 9-part epic.
To be fair, only C-3PO was mind-wiped at the end... because he's a blabbermouth (though he did a damn fine job keeping Leia a secret early in ANH when talking with Luke). Artoo, tho, got to keep his memory. He knew everything all along, which makes his 'fight' with Yoda in Empire Strikes Back look like an improv scene. "Hmm... Yoda's acting like a crazy old hermit. Oh, right! He's in hiding, and he's testing Luke. I'd better play along......I wonder if I should've told Luke that Leia was his sister? Maybe it'd get him to stop having me replay her hologram asking for Obi-Wan's help. Every. Single. Night. Oh, Yoda's got the lamp... time for my part of the act!"

Captain_Zone
03.23.2012 , 02:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
To be fair, only C-3PO was mind-wiped at the end... because he's a blabbermouth (though he did a damn fine job keeping Leia a secret early in ANH when talking with Luke). Artoo, tho, got to keep his memory. He knew everything all along, which makes his 'fight' with Yoda in Empire Strikes Back look like an improv scene. "Hmm... Yoda's acting like a crazy old hermit. Oh, right! He's in hiding, and he's testing Luke. I'd better play along......I wonder if I should've told Luke that Leia was his sister? Maybe it'd get him to stop having me replay her hologram asking for Obi-Wan's help. Every. Single. Night. Oh, Yoda's got the lamp... time for my part of the act!"
R2 and Luke on the trip from Dagobah to Bespin. Luke is sleeping comfortably as the X-Wing hurtles through hyperspace when all of a sudden R2 beeps quietly "Psst Luke. Who's your daddy?" "Oh, should have told you this earlier, but Vader is your daddy! Oh, and that hot chick who slipped you the tongue on Hoth? She's your sister. Boy, you are so boned!"

Luke hears the quiet beeping and wakes up. "R2? Are you ok? I thought I heard something."

R2 starts laughing to himself as he says "Ah, go back to sleep, kid. You got a helluva fight with your da... daa... Darth Vader tomorrow. I was just going over some old data in my memory banks. Sorry to wake you."

Luke, being the gullible farmboy he is, says "Ok, have a good night." and goes back to sleep.
. OPOD

Didy_Kush
03.23.2012 , 03:50 AM | #28
Because he didnt care and gave into the darkside to save padme

AppIequest
03.23.2012 , 05:02 AM | #29
Since we have established he is not stupid. Lucas should make 7-9!
Jedi Sentinal - Kaitee (Jung Ma Server)

Captain_Zone
03.23.2012 , 12:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AppIequest View Post
Since we have established he is not stupid. Lucas should make 7-9!
I lol'd.

But seriously, if they make 7-9 as anything but either the Thrawn Trilogy or the X-Wing series when they take Coruscant back from the Empire, it won't feel right to me. Yes, I said it! Let Stackpole or Zahn write the next trilogy! At least their dialogue won't make us all cringe!
. OPOD