Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Asavar
03.21.2012 , 11:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CeruleanNite View Post
So people, stop complaining. Get on the PTS and test these things for yourself to see what the changes really are.
Nothing to test when they're removing the only thing making Biochem worth a damn.

daMarek
03.21.2012 , 11:31 PM | #12
^^^^^^^^^

Whats there to test? These arent mechanics or ability changes or balance issues.

agassparkle
03.21.2012 , 11:58 PM | #13
and call it a MINOR change ??

Come on...

Lemina_Ausa
03.22.2012 , 12:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavar View Post
Nothing to test when they're removing the only thing making Biochem worth a damn.
You could, you know, test biochem on PTR and see if he was making a typo by crafting a lot of implants on PTR and seeing if an aug slot will proc.

Because I really doubt they'll remove all the current implants with augment slots, and I'm pretty sure he just screwed up his typing.

ShadowOfVey
03.22.2012 , 12:12 AM | #15
At least we got jerky!

Oneeve
03.22.2012 , 12:34 AM | #16
Looks like this will just be another hyped up garbage update yay
DARTH AXIS
Sith Juggernaut
<The Order of the Sith Lords>

KiranK
03.22.2012 , 02:40 AM | #17
I missed the part where the sky is falling.
There's no QQing in baseball.

GnatB
03.22.2012 , 02:46 AM | #18
What he said:
Quote:
With BioChem being in a fairly good spot already, we are not making any major changes to the profession at this time. Some minor changes include producing an additional implant on a crafting critical, reclassifying 'Red Goo' as a Grade 6 Biochemical compound via Bioanalysis Missions and a new, special recipe for the creation of delicious Ice-Scrabbler Jerky...
What the actual patch notes say:
Quote:
Biochem

The number of Exotech consumables created per craft is now displayed correctly in the crafting UI.

Biochemists can now reverse engineer all implants.

Values on tooltips for Rakata reusable stims and adrenals now match the buff correctly.

Ice Scrabbler Jerky, a cantina food item with powerful out-of-combat health regeneration effects, has been added as a Biochem recipe. This recipe can be learned by finding the schematic or by reverse engineering Ice Scrabbler Jerky found on Hoth.

Bioanalysis

The Red Goo item tooltip now appropriately identifies it as a Grade 6 Biochemical Compound. Level 49-50 Bioanalysis Missions now have a chance to reward Red Goo.
Anybody else willing to bet this is much ado about nothing, and simply slipped a line when reading the patch notes, and somehow combined the number created part with the implant part?

Quote:
The number of Exotech consumables created per craft is now displayed correctly in the crafting UI.
Biochemists can now reverse engineer all implants.
into

Quote:
Some minor changes include producing an additional implant on a crafting critical
Additionally, pretty much everything else in his blog, EXCEPT this one thing, is in the patch notes.

daMarek
03.22.2012 , 04:09 AM | #19
I'm not gonna be chasing ghosts here, ASSUMING he might have misspelled. So far the statement stands.

And remember the other big change: Biochems will no longer get random loot drops because everyone will RE-need everything. Same for cybertechs and... well thats it.

Gone are the times when I made 100k on GTN from a purple greed-roll.

lilBastahd
03.22.2012 , 07:11 AM | #20
so roll need because you "need it" to sell it for credits just like they "need it" to rip apart for materials.