Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item Mod station not working?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Item Mod station not working?

Baelish
03.22.2012 , 12:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterDarvon View Post
And I recall it had a green outline so no its not orange but I modified it only a few weeks ago.
I sincerely doubt that your recollection here is accurate. The only green items I've seen at low level that are moddable are companion weapons and droid components.

If you like the idea of modding gear, it's probably a good idea to look for the lightsabre that you were given at the time you chose your AC. That's orange and fully moddable. Effectively you don't need another weapon at least til endgame. Just keep that one up to date with Commendation-bought modules. Hopefully you didn't vendor that sabre.

swtonewbie
03.22.2012 , 04:10 AM | #12
I dont think anyone mentioned it...

But mod stations are part if a quest on the starter world. In the starter zone every class will get their first orange moddable weapon as a quest reward, and usually with a mod that comes with it which you may have to equip yourself. The quest will tell you to activate the lore object for modding stations. Upon completion of this quest you get an enhancement as a reward. Good for some minor XP and a free enhancement.

The exception to this is the trooper. I have done a handful of troopers and either i missed a quest guy somewhere, or troopers are bugged. Once i get my troopers orange weapon i don't get a follow on mission to see the lore object for modding stations.

MasterDarvon
03.22.2012 , 08:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Baelish View Post
I sincerely doubt that your recollection here is accurate. The only green items I've seen at low level that are moddable are companion weapons and droid components.

If you like the idea of modding gear, it's probably a good idea to look for the lightsabre that you were given at the time you chose your AC. That's orange and fully moddable. Effectively you don't need another weapon at least til endgame. Just keep that one up to date with Commendation-bought modules. Hopefully you didn't vendor that sabre.
No still have my first saber but the stats even with my latest upgrade is far more inferior to my current Saber
Jedi Master Darvon

Jedi Shadow Level 31

Baelish
03.23.2012 , 12:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterDarvon View Post
No still have my first saber but the stats even with my latest upgrade is far more inferior to my current Saber
Then you need to do a combination of:

Find higher level upgrades to mod into your orange "chassis".

Find more upgrades for all of the moddable components (Hilt, Mod, Enhancement and Crystal).

A moddable item with blue mods is just a touch better than a blue item that needs the same level to use, which is as good as a green 4-5 levels higher. The best way of getting enough mods to fill orange armour and weapons for both you and your Companion with "current" blue mods is to take Commendation rewards as often as they pop and have Alts or friends with relevant crafting skills.

MasterDarvon
05.13.2012 , 09:38 PM | #15
K thanks guys
Jedi Master Darvon

Jedi Shadow Level 31