Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bound item trouble

MasterJediJDS
03.21.2012 , 07:10 PM | #1
Can I unbind an item from me? If so how?
۞◄█‖‖‖‖‖ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Datamonger
03.21.2012 , 08:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Datamonger View Post
Nope, sorry. Bound is permanent.

Also to add:

Be careful with items especially if you're buying from vendors. Some items "Bind on Pickup" so you really need to make sure you're going to use it.

Ellvaan
03.22.2012 , 01:39 AM | #4
Greetings MasterJediJDS!

According to our Online Game Manual:

Quote:
Bound Items

Certain equipment items bind to you once you equip them. You can sell them to vendors for Credits or destroy them, but you cannot trade them to another player or sell them in the Galactic Trade Network.
Datamonger is correct in stating that you cannot make an item "unbound" and as stated, you cannot trade them or sell them on the GTN.

We hope this helps!

Ashaari
03.23.2012 , 06:58 AM | #5
You can pass bound gear that is appropriate on to your companions as long as it is within their ability range i.e. armour class, weapon type etc.

Mithros
03.23.2012 , 08:35 AM | #6
Also, with 1.2 they will be introducing items that bind to your legacy.

You will not be able to give such items to another player, but you will be able to give them to any of your other characters.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

MasterJediJDS
03.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #7
Ok, I went on a flash point and one of the group members were defeated, think it was the leader, and I revived her, then I was ejected from the game. She said I took an item and it was bound to me. I wanted to return it but it was already bound. How did that happen?

Rehneu
03.23.2012 , 11:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJediJDS View Post
Ok, I went on a flash point and one of the group members were defeated, think it was the leader, and I revived her, then I was ejected from the game. She said I took an item and it was bound to me. I wanted to return it but it was already bound. How did that happen?
Only way to take an item is to either roll on it or just loot it. If you rolled greed on it, as did everyone else, then IMO it is fair game to the system rolls to determine whom it goes to. If some do not roll, or fail to roll need on something they can use, then it is no fault of yours.

Eternalnight
03.23.2012 , 11:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJediJDS View Post
Stop clicking NEED on items that you don't need.

Simple as that.

FP boss drops are bind on pickup!!!

If you don't have any use for an item, but click need anyway, this is what many people call ninja looting, and many will kick you out of the group for it.

One more time, how it goes is:

NEED = Your character can use it AND it is better than what you're currently wearing.

GREED = You want it for some other reason, but only if nobody else needs it (you want to sell it for example)

PASS = Don't want it at all.

Anything else: Ask the rest of the group first.

MasterJediJDS
03.23.2012 , 11:39 AM | #10
So just by reviving her I looted the item from her?
sorry im new, didnt know about any of this.