Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can deception assassins level? At all?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Can deception assassins level? At all?

Tobythe
03.22.2012 , 02:01 AM | #11
I leveled in Deception all the way to level 45-46. As soon as I got him I used Andy. Then when I got Taltos when I used him. The soc bosses, all bosses really, I kited al around the field. Then when I got a shield I spec'd tank and everything was easy-mode after that.

Jfrio
03.22.2012 , 09:51 AM | #12
run with a dps companion and let him get agro before u start going all out. once the dps companion's health is low taunt off him and finish the fight with all the agro. Basically trading health bars. While ur companion has the agro just do ur regs white damage attack/voltaic slash to help dps.

trevy
03.22.2012 , 12:07 PM | #13
Keep your tank geared and its a blast
Trevy - Sith Assassin Rank 75
http://www.twitch.tv/infamotrevy
Movie Deception part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJe6P-1bI

Laezerus
03.22.2012 , 12:40 PM | #14
As Deception the use of interrupts is absolutely essential when solo. Leveling from 1-50 is not a problem and when i say that I dont mean its a cakewalk, I mean it's very doable & enjoyable. Just like playing any class, it really takes a certain mindset to succeed. Dont worry about being squishy, worry about DPS and focus on your procs & the mob's cast & know which interrupts work on which strength level of mob. I don't kite, period. I'm not suggesting that you don't, but that being said I spent a lot of time staring at the floor until I beat the learning curve of the fight. Play your style, play to have fun & play to win. You'll be fine.
Saetun ~ Sith Assassin of Master Zhar Lestin

TheOpf
03.22.2012 , 12:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by trevy View Post
Keep your tank geared and its a blast
This right here. 85 percent of the time the reason why you are not able to kill an elite or multiple elites is not due to the spec, but due to you doing something you shouldn't.

You are not a tank, so don't jump into combat right away.

Mind trap one target, take your aoe damage off.

Use Khem Val, and gear him up to the nines! Keep him geared as well or better than you with the top mods and gear. I was with a sorceror who had khem val tanking heroics for him I used Ashara, and we walked through 4 man heroics with our companions geared.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Faeldawn
03.23.2012 , 03:09 AM | #16
I found for the big fights i'd slap on my shield generator and turn on Dark Charge if i needed it for a bit more survivability. Pop out your healer/dps companion (not the damn robot but i can't remember his name atm ), set him to medwatch and your good to go, it's amazing how effective a deception assassin with a shield gen is with a healer companion.

Alternatively, with a tank pet let Khem take a pounding to about 50%, then taunt off him, when im 50% myself i'd pop my bio dual heal pack and detaunt, let khem get aggro again, when he's 50% retaunt and by that time the boss is usually toast.

I can't recommend using Ashara or the other DPS though, i have never personally had much success vs the big boys with this combo as deception. I have won some but it's always been a DPS/HP race and it's not a comfortable way to play for me.

For tougher bosses interrupts are so important and don't be afraid when you have aggro to snare/stun and kite a bit while khem munches on him.

Snowred
03.23.2012 , 03:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Xancath View Post
There's nothing wrong with leveling as deception. I leveled as deception at launch all the way from 1 - 50 with no conflicts whatsoever. I didn't touch talos though, I used khemmy val val.
You can't do that quest with Khem Val you have to use Talos.... he needs to open the door

Some of the Inq class quests were a bit hit and miss for me too... most especially the later ones against Inq bosses. Having said that I did solo them - it wasn't always a faceroll more working out what worked against the combinations mobs.

Ralhad
03.23.2012 , 06:57 AM | #18
I am Deception and just finished that quest at lvl 35.
What I did was I fought the 1st couple waves and had to pop a medpak.
Once the last single guy pops (which is probably where you are having problems)
I force cloaked got out of aggro range and waited until my skills and medpak came off cooldown. After that re-engage and kite kill last guy.

Thankyjack
03.23.2012 , 08:58 AM | #19
I don't know about deception. With Darkness, leveling is easy.

LordbishopX
03.23.2012 , 09:42 AM | #20
Leveled deception from 1 - 50 with very little issue a few encounters I switch to DC mode for bosses/champions but other than that D all the way. I also used ashara (trash mobs) or Talos (Gold elites/Bosses). I now run madness tho need the heals for extra survival and dps is quite nice.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀