Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Maul is alive and Obiwan fighting with a Red LightSaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Maul is alive and Obiwan fighting with a Red LightSaber

Toonimator's Avatar


Toonimator
03.21.2012 , 06:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BigChiefMean View Post
How is it canon? It completely ignores the happenings between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It's a spin-off. Anyways I believe that was non-canon as well.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Scroll down to the Non-canon section.
You're correct about Maul & Obi-Wan on Tatooine... that's from an Infinities project (SW's version of Marvel's "What If...?" or DC's "Elseworlds") called Visionaries...

...but The Clone Wars is about as canon as can be. How does it ignore what happened between AOTC and ROTS otherwise? Right now, all it's 'ignoring' are the comics and books set between AOTC & ROTS--and there's enough wiggle-room in the show and the books that you could argue that nearly all of it still happens, just in slightly different ways (though Ventress' story is very different from how it played out in the comics).

The only real sticking point I've noticed is Anakin's line to Dooku at the beginning of ROTS about being twice as powerful as the last time they met (implying the AOTC duel). They've clashed a few times in TCW so far, but it could still work. Filoni & Crew have also been good about not letting Anakin & Grievous officially meet; they crossed paths in the episode where Grievous kills Captain Tarpals, when the Gungans exchanged Grievous for Anakin, but Anakin was unconscious at the time.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
lol the people saying jedi's can use red lightsaber's obviously know nothing about Starwar's lore at all. no jedi ever used a red saber. that was a 1 time situation where he had too. red sabers are sith color and sith only.
Seems like you're the one who doesn't know the lore... the lore of the EU, in which this game is set.

The movies are not the only lore there is for Star Wars, they're just the highest level of it--and really only pertinent to the time period of the films themselves. 3900 years before the films? Mace having the 'only' purple saber, Jedi not being allowed to marry for love, and Jedi pretty much being restricted to blue or green sabers--NONE of that matters. That's the movies, about the decay and fall of the Jedi Order, because they've been uptight jerks for 1,000 years.

CelticMutt's Avatar


CelticMutt
03.21.2012 , 07:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BigChiefMean View Post
How is it canon? It completely ignores the happenings between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It's a spin-off. Anyways I believe that was non-canon as well.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Scroll down to the Non-canon section.
It's canon because Lucas says it is. Anything Lucas says is canon is canon. Especially if he works on it. And he works on The Clone Wars, at least with plot ideas.

And there have been at least four Jedi that used red sabers - Adi Gallia, Leia, her daughter Jaina, and Mara Jade. Though I think some sources call the last one magenta. Close enough.

Quote: Originally Posted by kevlarto View Post
and the big point was "Red is not my color"
Red is not my color is not the same thing as I can't or shouldn't use red.

Rohanshot's Avatar


Rohanshot
03.21.2012 , 08:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
Seems like you're the one who doesn't know the lore... the lore of the EU, in which this game is set.

The movies are not the only lore there is for Star Wars, they're just the highest level of it--and really only pertinent to the time period of the films themselves. 3900 years before the films? Mace having the 'only' purple saber, Jedi not being allowed to marry for love, and Jedi pretty much being restricted to blue or green sabers--NONE of that matters. That's the movies, about the decay and fall of the Jedi Order, because they've been uptight jerks for 1,000 years.
Theres also the whole thing with saber crystals.

Before the Russan Reformation, lightsabers existed in virtually every shade and color. After the Reformation, the majority of crystal sites are destroyed or quarantined, leaving places like Ilum as the only place to get crystals.

Jedi use green and blue sabers, because those are the ones they have access too. This is why sabers of exotic colors are rare and unique because they are either difficult or downright impossible to find. Heck even Windu fits this rule, because he wanted a better crystal (his purple one) and he had to go through tons of hardships to finally get it.
Speak softly and carry a BIG GUN!
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Rank: Corporal- Element: Titan Company 1st Platoon, Delta Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

TheBentOne's Avatar


TheBentOne
03.21.2012 , 09:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
lol the people saying jedi's can use red lightsaber's obviously know nothing about Starwar's lore at all. no jedi ever used a red saber. that was a 1 time situation where he had too. red sabers are sith color and sith only.
Funny. I seem to recall Leia useing a scarlet blade on several occasions.....

Besides many jedi players lean dark side and were practicaly forced into useing red. in addition they are actually UNABLE TO USE blue and green. Considering your aversion to any jedi useing red at any time im left to wonder why i didn't see you whineing about that. This patch is a step in the right direction and is 100% supported by cannon. Deal with it.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Eommer's Avatar


Eommer
03.22.2012 , 12:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kevlarto View Post
and the big point was "Red is not my color"
Quote: Originally Posted by CelticMutt View Post
Red is not my color is not the same thing as I can't or shouldn't use red.
this...

Amien's Avatar


Amien
03.22.2012 , 12:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
lol the people saying jedi's can use red lightsaber's obviously know nothing about Starwar's lore at all. no jedi ever used a red saber. that was a 1 time situation where he had too. red sabers are sith color and sith only.
A member on the Jedi council uses one permanently! Red are only synthetically made crystals.
Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow are all colors that grow naturally.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

MXIII's Avatar


MXIII
03.22.2012 , 04:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Amien View Post
A member on the Jedi council uses one permanently! Red are only synthetically made crystals.
Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow are all colors that grow naturally.
A Synth Crustal can be any color. Luke made a green one, because Luke probably doesnt even know what the hell an Illum is, and therefore couldnt find a natural crystal. Many jedi used sith crystals before the reformation, because they were easy to make. They were of course more unstable and more prone to decay than a normal crystal.
There are no Heroes or Villains. Only Winners and Losers.

Toonimator's Avatar


Toonimator
03.22.2012 , 04:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MXIII View Post
A Synth Crustal can be any color. Luke made a green one, because Luke probably doesnt even know what the hell an Illum is, and therefore couldnt find a natural crystal. Many jedi used sith crystals before the reformation, because they were easy to make. They were of course more unstable and more prone to decay than a normal crystal.
Freudian slip there? I think you meant many jedi used SYNTH crystals

Also, Amien, red's not ONLY available as synthetic... Dantooine had a bunch of red crystals in their crystal cave back in KOTOR. And what Council member uses a red one permanently? I'm guessing you mean the movies here... Adi Gallia had one until AOTC; she wasn't ever shown lighting up in AOTC or ROTS (according to the EU at the time, she died during the Clone Wars), but in The Clone Wars TV show she sports a blue saber, I think.

Solbjorn's Avatar


Solbjorn
03.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
lol the people saying jedi's can use red lightsaber's obviously know nothing about Starwar's lore at all. no jedi ever used a red saber. that was a 1 time situation where he had too. red sabers are sith color and sith only.
the only reason red is a sith color is because the natural crystals that jedi find are not red. if there were red ones theyd have no issue whatsoever in using them. the red crystals that sith use are artificial using dark side energy to create. this is the the ONLY reason jedi dont use red and sith do. if there were natural red crystals jedi would also use red. the color red does not equal sith. the process in which red sabers are made equals sith.

Solbjorn's Avatar


Solbjorn
03.22.2012 , 05:07 PM | #30
ok multiple people seem to have pointed out what i said already and in more detail. guess i should have read all of the posts