Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Maul is alive and Obiwan fighting with a Red LightSaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Maul is alive and Obiwan fighting with a Red LightSaber

Eillack
03.21.2012 , 05:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BlestSolis View Post
Guess its to combat people saying Jedi dont use red sabers.
Yet Obi-wan showed in a comical way that Jedi don't use red sabers and aren't even supposed to like using one..hense how he made the joke on how he didn't even want it and tossed Ventress' saber back at her asap when he got his blue saber back.

Funny how people are so desperate that they try to justify JEDI using red sabers...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

celebrei
03.21.2012 , 05:41 PM | #12
The color of the saber means nothing, look at Exar Kun, the first creator and wielder of the double bladed lightsaber, its' focusing crystal and color is blue. The red focusing crystals are a result of Sith alchemy, and has become traditionally but not exclusively associated with the Sith, with red being the color of passion (an important tenet in the Sith Code) Purple is also mostly associated with the Sith (Darth Bane's Lightsaber color was purple) and that is why some controversy rose when Windu created his purple-colored lightsaber but he insisted on using it, so strictly speaking, lightsaber color is just that, color.

Gokkus
03.21.2012 , 05:42 PM | #13
Ugh awful awful clip. Imo the animation really does more damage than good to Star Wars.

Anyway since you failed to mention how this is related to SWTOR your post is in the wrong forum.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

Eillack
03.21.2012 , 05:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
The color of the saber means nothing, look at Exar Kun, the first creator and wielder of the double bladed lightsaber, its' focusing crystal and color is blue.
Exar Kun wasn't always evil and he just kept his orig color really....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BigChiefMean
03.21.2012 , 05:44 PM | #15
This isn't even canon. Maul was killed on Naboo. End of story.
You're the best deputy anybody could ask for, you wake up in the morning and then make me my coffee!

celebrei
03.21.2012 , 05:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BigChiefMean View Post
But it is Canon, it has always been, it's also canon how many years after the clone wars, Darth Maul searched and fought Obi Wan Kenobi while hiding in Tattoine.

RixoFutu
03.21.2012 , 05:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BigChiefMean View Post
Well story is by G. Lucas. So yes, it's sadly a canon.

Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 05:50 PM | #18
So you know, Adi Gallia used a red lightsaber so theres a source that jedi can and she used a synthetic crystal too.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adi_Gallia

Gallia progressed through the academy until she graduated and was selected by a Master for one-on-one training. Crafting a lightsaber using a synthetic red crystal.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BigChiefMean
03.21.2012 , 05:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by celebrei View Post
But it is Canon, it has always been, it's also canon how many years after the clone wars, Darth Maul searched and fought Obi Wan Kenobi while hiding in Tattoine.
How is it canon? It completely ignores the happenings between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It's a spin-off. Anyways I believe that was non-canon as well.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Scroll down to the Non-canon section.
You're the best deputy anybody could ask for, you wake up in the morning and then make me my coffee!

kevlarto
03.21.2012 , 06:07 PM | #20
and the big point was "Red is not my color"
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering