Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missions are outpacing my Level - How can I fix this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Missions are outpacing my Level - How can I fix this?

bigwayne
03.22.2012 , 09:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
Did you somehow skip Hoth?
HAHA, No. This problem started on Taris and continued through Quesh. Wasn't too easy, but I wasn't worried till I was suddenly done with Quesh, on Hoth and knew Belsavis was next. I thought Quesh would be longer and even things out a bit!

bigwayne
03.22.2012 , 09:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Boissi View Post
My guess is you also skipped all the bonus series. Find a bonus series more appropriate for your level and go do that. I'm pretty sure there's always at least one you could do.
The only missions I've skipped are group missions (Heroics, Flashpoints, Operations, whatever they call them this week); I've been very thorough about doing the Bonus Series once I saw the pattern emerging.

bigwayne
03.22.2012 , 09:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by redheadedtim View Post
If you've done the bonus series', I'd suggest you keep doing space, try some flashpoints, and definitely pvp if there's a chance you might pvp at max level. Might as well bank some valor now, though apparently it's going to be meaningless. Make sure you pick up the dailies before pvp'ing or flashpointing. If you do run across someone while questing, do group up as grouping, unlike most mmo's, offers a bonus to both xp and quality of loot drops.
Aye, it seems that's going to be the plan. I spent several hours last night on Taris soloing all the Heroic quests (time consuming but possible!) and I reckon I'll close the gap with Flashpoints and other repeatables.

Thanks for your help by the way - I guess I'll have to change specs once I'm squared up and level the old fashioned way. It was quick and fun while it lasted!

Katahn
03.22.2012 , 10:30 AM | #14
I don't really do many heroic missions, I pvp once a day and only sometimes have the pvp daily mission either. I do manage to do each flashpoint at least once while I'm in level for it (sometimes I'll run it a couple of times over the course of a few nights). One thing I do each time I enter a new quest area is intentionally murder a few mobs to see if any of them trigger a bonus "kill" mission. I also keep an eye out for lore objects and datacrons and such.

I say this because I am now level 38 and just now hitting Quesh. So I have no idea how you could be missing so much experience to already be heading towards Belsavis. All I can conclude is the little bit more than you I am doing is translating into a LOT of experience over time.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Advocatis
03.22.2012 , 12:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
I don't really do many heroic missions, I pvp once a day and only sometimes have the pvp daily mission either. I do manage to do each flashpoint at least once while I'm in level for it (sometimes I'll run it a couple of times over the course of a few nights). One thing I do each time I enter a new quest area is intentionally murder a few mobs to see if any of them trigger a bonus "kill" mission. I also keep an eye out for lore objects and datacrons and such.

I say this because I am now level 38 and just now hitting Quesh. So I have no idea how you could be missing so much experience to already be heading towards Belsavis. All I can conclude is the little bit more than you I am doing is translating into a LOT of experience over time.
Like Katahn, I am just short of 40, and I just landed on Quesh. I do every bonus and side quest with no heroics. Including space missions for xp and credits.

SwordofSodan
03.22.2012 , 01:27 PM | #16
You missed a whack of content believe it or not. Go back and do Nar Shaddah, Taris and Alderaan bonus series that should bring you up to speed. Don't know about Nar Shaddah you might be over leveled for that one though.

Gothiks
03.22.2012 , 01:33 PM | #17
I PVP TOO much and am experiencing the exact opposite problem.

I think I had not even half of Tatooine explored before I left for Alderaan. I'm going to have to tone it down when I roll alts.
╬╬╬╬█|{█████████████████████████████████████)

MAgson
03.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #18
My experience:
  • Commando -- Has never set foot in a warzone. Hasn't seen a Flashpoint since Hammer Station. Hasn't done a space mission since level 28. Has otherwise done every quest except some of the Heroic 4's. Currently working though Quesh (rated level 36-37). Current level: 41.
  • Vanguard -- Has never set foot in a warzone. Hasn't seen a Flashpoint since Esseles. Hasn't done a space mission since level 21. *Skipped* Taris, only did half of Alderaan and has now *skipped* Balmorra as well. Just finished Quesh and am about to head for Hoth (rated level 38-42). Current level: 38.
  • Sage -- Has never set foot in a warzone. Hasn't seen a Flashpoint since Esseles. Hasn't done a space missions since level 21. Has done "everything" except a few Heroic 4's. Currently just starting Balmorra (rated level 32-36 Repub side). Current level: 38.

As you can see, I had to completely skip 2.5 planets on my Vanguard to keep myself "at level" for the content. The other 2 characters that have done "every mission" like you say you have done are 5 levels above the content.

TL;DR -- yes, all that stealthing has robbed you of a ton of XP.

Astarica
03.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gothiks View Post
I PVP TOO much and am experiencing the exact opposite problem.

I think I had not even half of Tatooine explored before I left for Alderaan. I'm going to have to tone it down when I roll alts.
I have the same problem but I just try to solo Heroic 4s. You usually need to be about 4 levels higher than their level to have a realistic shot at it so it works out.