Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missions are outpacing my Level - How can I fix this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Missions are outpacing my Level - How can I fix this?

bigwayne
03.21.2012 , 04:08 PM | #1
Hey there,

I'm currently halfway through level 37 on my first character (Assassin), and the missions have quickly outpaced my level. I've done every side quest save for Heroics and I just landed on Belsavis for my level 42 class quest that I can't even get to because the enemies between me and my destiny float between 42 and 46, outside my ability to hit them.

I'm specced defense and using Andronikos (just got Talos) which has made leveling easy when I'm seen - and that's the rub: I stealth through most things and hit my objectives so this is my question: Could I have missed SO MUCH combat XP that the level divide between me and my missions is that large? Do I just do Heroics and grind my way up to that level? If so, why would stealth mechanics be in the game if mission XP alone wasn't enough to level you with the quests?

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated. I tried searching for other threads but fell short (I don't really know what I'm searching for without being too generic as to include every leveling issue under the sun).

Thank you in advance

Darth_Eminok
03.21.2012 , 04:09 PM | #2
I usually try Pvping to catch up.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

TalkingDinosaur
03.21.2012 , 04:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bigwayne View Post
Hey there,

I'm currently halfway through level 37 on my first character (Assassin), and the missions have quickly outpaced my level. I've done every side quest save for Heroics and I just landed on Belsavis for my level 42 class quest that I can't even get to because the enemies between me and my destiny float between 42 and 46, outside my ability to hit them.

I'm specced defense and using Andronikos (just got Talos) which has made leveling easy when I'm seen - and that's the rub: I stealth through most things and hit my objectives so this is my question: Could I have missed SO MUCH combat XP that the level divide between me and my missions is that large? Do I just do Heroics and grind my way up to that level? If so, why would stealth mechanics be in the game if mission XP alone wasn't enough to level you with the quests?

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated. I tried searching for other threads but fell short (I don't really know what I'm searching for without being too generic as to include every leveling issue under the sun).

Thank you in advance
This happened to me once so I went back to the planet I was previously on and did part of the Bonus Series quests.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Kotlx
03.21.2012 , 04:13 PM | #4
You've missed several quests on the last few planets if you're only 37. Best bet would be to go to a planet that offers a bonus area close to or at your level (not sure which for empire), otherwise head back to last planet and continue questing.

Have you skipped every heroic? I'm having a hard time figuring out how youve finished each planet's main quest line pre-bonus.

Dissentus
03.21.2012 , 04:15 PM | #5
If you stealthed through a bunch of missions, chances are you missed some of the bonus kill quests which are quite nice. As for catching up, I suggest space missions/pvp/flashpoints/heroics near your level you skipped.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

bigwayne
03.21.2012 , 06:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotlx View Post
You've missed several quests on the last few planets if you're only 37. Best bet would be to go to a planet that offers a bonus area close to or at your level (not sure which for empire), otherwise head back to last planet and continue questing.

Have you skipped every heroic? I'm having a hard time figuring out how youve finished each planet's main quest line pre-bonus.
Yes, I skipped every Heroic (I generally play in the wee hours of the morning after work and nobody is online), and I've done all the Bonus Series quests for every planet (when this problem first arose, I went to every planet and every Mission Hub I'd gone through just to make sure). Also, I do my Space dailies because it's quick and worth a bar or so.

I gather it's because I'm lacking crucial combat XP (Bonus parts of quests, etc.) I guess I'm just surprised that Mission XP alone won't carry you.

A screenshot of my current Mission List. I take the Heroic quests and don't track them until I get off-planet

AetherMcLoud
03.22.2012 , 03:18 AM | #7
Did you somehow skip Hoth?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Boissi
03.22.2012 , 06:13 AM | #8
My guess is you also skipped all the bonus series. Find a bonus series more appropriate for your level and go do that. I'm pretty sure there's always at least one you could do.

redheadedtim
03.22.2012 , 06:22 AM | #9
If you've done the bonus series', I'd suggest you keep doing space, try some flashpoints, and definitely pvp if there's a chance you might pvp at max level. Might as well bank some valor now, though apparently it's going to be meaningless. Make sure you pick up the dailies before pvp'ing or flashpointing. If you do run across someone while questing, do group up as grouping, unlike most mmo's, offers a bonus to both xp and quality of loot drops.

verfallen
03.22.2012 , 09:42 AM | #10
Honestly have no idea. If you've skipped every single bonus part of a quest, might explain (especially the staged ones) but I'm always overlevel doing most but not all of the heroics. But I don't don't donthe daily part and barely PvP. Neither do I go out of my way to murder every pack of enemies there are.

As a tank you can do many heroic 2 btw. Just get the ship droid to heal it struggling.