Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can't choose...

Ahh_Yeah
03.21.2012 , 03:37 PM | #1
I got some problems with what class I want to play. I have made several characters of same class (really boring ) because I'm not that happy with that character, etc.

So I was hoping some of you may help me/recomend one of this classes?

Light Side:
Jedi Knight or Smuggler?

Dark Side:
Sith Warrior or Bounty Hunter?

It's so annoying that I can't make up my mind, so really hope you have some tip, etc. of this.

.... Yeah.

Thebazilly
03.21.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
It really depends on what you want out of the class. Good DPS/tanking/healing? Good story? Fun class quests? Easy to level? PVE or PVP?

Not to mention a lot of this is going to change after we get 1.2 in a few weeks.

Ahh_Yeah
03.21.2012 , 04:54 PM | #3
Well, I want the class to have a good looking story, either tank or dps and for pvp and pve.

Achromatis
03.21.2012 , 04:58 PM | #4
Sith Warrior, for story.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

ShawnSixtyTwo
03.21.2012 , 05:17 PM | #5
That's really something only you can answer, at least without giving us more info as to the style of play you like and what the ones you tried previously were. Even then people can really only answer about what they know. To that end, you may want to check out the thread in here by the guy who played all 8 empire advanced classes.

Since a Jedi Knight Sentinel is my only 50, I can tell you it's considered one of the harder classes to play. I did not know this coming in as a complete MMO n00b - no experience whatsoever - and picked it because I thought DPS sounded like less responsibility than tanking or healing. Plus my wife is always a healer (she's the MMO vet in the family). You don't get a healer companion until late in the story and you never have a crowd control for anything but droids, so solo leveling was tough for me unless I was over level of quests by 3 or so. By 50 you'll have all 4 quickslot bars up and use most of those abilities actively in any combat that involves anything more than a group of regular enemies and none of those are a knockback, big-hitting AoE, or a cc for "living" enemies. Our lot in life is to hack, slash, and interrupt like crazy.

Knowing what I know now I wouldn't change a thing. Starting out with the hardest class (by many accounts I've read, though some say Smuggler/Agent) has made playing alts hilarious. My BH has been particularly disgusting early on as I just hit 2-3 buttons and kill everyone in sight compared to the keyboard dancing I do with my Sentinel. I laughed my way through Tython as a Consular - 1- or 2-shotting flesh raiders right from the start. Same thing with my Inquisitor's lightning spam.

But still, I find myself doing dailies with my 50 Sentinel instead of leveling alts because I like making him stronger and getting better at using him every day.

So, for the tl;dr version:
It's up to you, but I can recommend the Knight Sentinel. Your and others' mileage may vary.
-= The Sinistral Legacy on The Harbinger =-
Raphus - 50 Sentinel Desperot - 50 Scoundrel Verticalis - 50 Commando
Malivore - 50 Assassin Scoloa - 50 Sniper Dendro - Powertech

Alzor
03.21.2012 , 07:52 PM | #6
Smuggler story is my favorite thus far, although I'm currently grinding a sith warrior/ jedi knight/ sith inquisitor/jedi sage simultaneously, and the sith warrior story looks like it's going to be really good. The jedi knight looks decent and the other 2 are so so, perhaps they'll pick up. I found my commandos story to be rather plain, and a 5 year old could have seen where the story was going the whole time. But yea...smuggler had an awesome story.