Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 = skill point refresh = goodbye credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
1.2 = skill point refresh = goodbye credits?

FontusSW
03.21.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
currently having only one character who is nearly 50 (46 atm) should i be saving all my credits for the skill tree resets for 1.2 update? many skills cost quite a chunk of credits to train for. Now i'm not saying it takes a long time to get the credits, but should i expect to have a spare $500,000 to retrain many of the skills i already know once the are reset?

CrixusBoR
03.21.2012 , 03:55 PM | #2
No need to panic, it will all be free

Exaro
03.21.2012 , 04:07 PM | #3
1.2 = talent point reset

Thebazilly
03.21.2012 , 04:23 PM | #4
They're refunding your points, not making you visit a skill trainer. When you log in after 1.2 hits, your skill trees will be empty and you'll have to reallocate your points.

FontusSW
03.21.2012 , 04:29 PM | #5
thanks!

i should have also noted that i am playing a sorcerer and for the skill sacrifice i understand they are taking it away as a trainable skill and putting it into the legacy system, so should i not even bother to learn it now if it will be taken away shortly and just save the credits?

KalSpiro
03.21.2012 , 07:41 PM | #6
Unless you want to buy it twice. Though I can't really say what it might be worth to anything other than a tanking assassin. As a sorc I'd think you would be trying to avoid being the center of attention, allowing your companion to take the hits. Therefore suddenly sucking them dry of hp to heal yourself doesn't do you a lot of good. Only the tanking assassin has a reason to suddenly empty their companion, who should be at full health, to heal themselves. And it is completely worth it too, it's like having twice the HP with your companion around. At least half again as much.
Passion rules thought. Serenity is the path to understanding.
Ignorance rules power. Knowledge is the path to strength.
Weakness rules the masses. Control is the path to victory.
Through the Force my will is done. Through my will the Force prospers.