Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen: PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Feedback request from James Ohlen: PvP

Vortexyle
03.21.2012 , 04:05 PM | #101
Make it so the person who is carrying the Hutt-ball can't use any mobility-enhancing abilities. This includes force charge, force speed, etc...

This would promote passing and coordination, while making it so a class like a sorc doesn't instantly outclass say a dps merc for ball running. Tanks would still be the best ball carriers of course, but overall assorted teams that don't stack inquisitors/juggernauts would have a better chance of winning.
Alo'sis
Gunslinger
<Deadweight>

Aerion
03.21.2012 , 04:06 PM | #102
I would add some form of Keep PvP, it wouldn't matter if it's a Warzone or an Open PvP Zone, if it's an actual Keep or a Spaceship.
For me, Keep PvP with defense mechanisms , breakable gates, NPC guards, maybe siege vehicles, and most impotantly a large number of partaking players, has always been the best form of PvP, not the most organised, not the most skillful, but surely the most fun.
╞▒▒▒▒(o)▒▒▒▒╣[(██████████████████████████████████)

Dumpiduke
03.21.2012 , 04:06 PM | #103
My biggest issue was definitely the lack of open world pvp and the segregation of the factions. I think I saw 2 republic players on my entire ride to 50, which in my book is completely unacceptable. How are we supposed to feel like there is a massive struggle for galactic control if there is no actual struggle at all?

Solution:

More open world activities that brings factions to the same locations on the worlds. This could be world objective based, dynamic events, world bosses, rare monster spawns, capturing opposing faction camps, etc. There is NONE of this. Even the daily questing on Ilum doesn't promote open world pvp.

Second solution, merge the dang servers. There just isn't enough population on the servers to make the gigantic worlds feel alive. I fear part of the reason I didn't see any opposing faction players is because server population cap was too low with too much instancing. Stop trying to appease the solo, for lack of a better term 'carebears', and give those of us that rolled on a pvp server something to be excited about.

Thanks for listening!

mschrader
03.21.2012 , 04:06 PM | #104
Stuns are out of hand. Period. Not every class should have a Stun. Resolve is dumb, it doesn't work most of the time.
EPIC
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

FierasElvandar
03.21.2012 , 04:08 PM | #105
I would ask for a huttball map wit less terrain and obstacles. Huttball is all about pushing people off platforms and into fire. Whoever knocksback first wins.

I'd like to see huttball with less vertical terrain, specifically.

Wren_Atticus
03.21.2012 , 04:09 PM | #106
GAP CLOSERS FOR ALL CLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*Scoundrels/Ops*cough*
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server

Blircos
03.21.2012 , 04:09 PM | #107
More meaning to the open world pvp, with incentive to encourage open world pvp e any contested planet.

pogmahone
03.21.2012 , 04:09 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, would like to solicit some feedback from the community on weekly basis.

He's going to be taking feedback directly via his Twitter account, but if you're not on Twitter, we're going to reproduce his question here and would love to get your feedback here too.

Please limit your feedback to the question James wants discussed. Feel free to link to other threads and please keep your feedback constructive and on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

If you could make one change to PVP in SWTOR, what would you want it to be?

Remember, you can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen; you can follow our main account @SWTOR.
Add real open world PvP with objectives that effect the server as a whole not just for pvp. Also include bases that guilds can create and maintain. (there have been many ideas brought forth by the community for this)

Anbokr
03.21.2012 , 04:10 PM | #109
Implement arena/deathmatch.
Keller's Void
<The GAF Empire>
Priapus (Empire) - 50 Marauder
Harck (Empire) - 50 Agent

GamewizX
03.21.2012 , 04:10 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by FierasElvandar View Post
I would ask for a huttball map wit less terrain and obstacles. Huttball is all about pushing people off platforms and into fire. Whoever knocksback first wins.

I'd like to see huttball with less vertical terrain, specifically.
You do realize then that all that would turn into is like watching a little kids soccer game... A mass of players all huddled in a big blob as it moves from one end of the field to the other. No strategy what-so-ever.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)