Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Uninstalling the Public Test Server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Uninstalling the Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JaseDakota
03.21.2012 , 01:59 PM | #1
Hello,
I really would like to know how to properly uninstall the PTS from my computer. I really need the extra disk space that it's taking up. Can anyone guide me on how to do it? Or should i just uninstall the game completely and reinstall it? If I have to do that, how can I back up things like my user settings? Example: My graphic settings and UI settings and sound settings?

Thanks for your time.

Rankyn
03.21.2012 , 02:09 PM | #2
Does just deleting the folder it created not work?

As far as I know, it's not hooking into Windows to install a new program, it's just adding some data to your existing SWTOR installation and it shouldn't try to download it again unless you attempt to launch the PTS.

JaseDakota
03.21.2012 , 07:55 PM | #3
The publictest folder is only 1.04 gigs. The test files are much bigger than that. It's like having 2 instances of the game installed and I'm not sure whats safe to delete. My ToR folder in total is 37.7 Gigs. I was hoping to get some sort of official response and instructions so I don't have to uninstall the whole game.

Cerimon
03.21.2012 , 09:16 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings JaseDakota,

To reclaim the bulk of the hard drive space taken up by the test server install please go to your game install folder:

...\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Assets

and cut all the files that are called swtor_test_* to another folder.
Run the normal game environment to make sure all is functioning correctly.
If all is well you can delete the folder you moved all of the test files into.
This will gain you approximately 17.1GB.

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

JaseDakota
03.21.2012 , 09:18 PM | #5
Thank you thank you thank you. That's just what I needed to know. Much appreciated.

Rankyn
03.21.2012 , 09:21 PM | #6
Bah!
I just got home to look and see which files could be removed and the CS Droid beat me to it.

JaseDakota
03.21.2012 , 09:22 PM | #7
lol Thanks anyway Rankyn!

Cerimon
03.21.2012 , 09:25 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
JaseDakota,

No problem, happy to help

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

IINSTIGATOR
04.30.2012 , 05:28 PM | #9
How do i find this folder for the same reasons stated above to delete the public test server stuff?
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small people who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is Nothing.

Conveeyor
04.30.2012 , 05:36 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello IINSTIGATOR,

please go to the following location:
  • 32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\assets
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\assets
Inside you can copy those files that start with 'swtor_test_ ...' into a new location and then check, if the game client starts without problems. In that case you can delete those moved files.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this or any other issue.

Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support