Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Half-Twileks: Possible? What happens?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Half-Twileks: Possible? What happens?

CelticMutt's Avatar


CelticMutt
03.21.2012 , 07:07 PM | #11
The children were adopted by Cut. HOWEVER, according to Wookiepedia, which references the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia as the source, the children did in fact have a human father.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Suu_Lawquane

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...r_Encyclopedia

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 07:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CelticMutt View Post
The children were adopted by Cut. HOWEVER, according to Wookiepedia, which references the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia as the source, the children did in fact have a human father.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Suu_Lawquane

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...r_Encyclopedia
Except does it say anywhere else that the father was human? Sometimes the wiki can be wrong, and since fans could edit the wiki they could go under the assumption that it was a human because of just the episode.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

CelticMutt's Avatar


CelticMutt
03.21.2012 , 07:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Except does it say anywhere else that the father was human? Sometimes the wiki can be wrong, and since fans could edit the wiki they could go under the assumption that it was a human because of just the episode.
The Character Encyclopedia is what says it. Wookiepedia is referencing that. And apparently the Character Encyclopedia is canon.

Toonimator's Avatar


Toonimator
03.21.2012 , 07:51 PM | #14
But have you (or anyone else in here) CHECKED the Character Encyclopedia? It's all well and good to reference it in a Wookieepedia article, provided the reference is accurate...

It does seem silly that they'd be hybrids, since people would reflexively assume Cut was the father--until thinking thru the fact that the war had been going on just over a year at that point in the show, and the son seems at LEAST a few years old, with the daughter anywhere from 5-7. One could argue "nonhuman physiology" and "accelerated clone DNA", but the kids are just too old to age that much in that short a time, let alone Suu carry them thru gestation to birth. Unless they're like Kes from Star Trek: Voyager, but let's not go there It seems like it's a relic, like the idea was MAYBE that Cut was the father, but someone went "Um, guys, the Clone Wars only last 3 years, and we're only a year into it. If we set this episode well after Episode III, okay, but...yeah, Cut can't be their bio-dad" and the half-human bit in their write-ups never got changed, and made their way into the Character Encyclopedia.

Also, Suu is bright pink; her kids are a mottled pink & blue (tho the pink is a bit more 'human' in color). Where did the blue come from? A gene she carried, like two black-haired parents having a red-head kid? The stubby lekku on the boy I took as nothing more than him being so young. The daughter's lekku are a lot longer, but she's a couple years older.

RabidPopcorn's Avatar


RabidPopcorn
03.22.2012 , 03:03 AM | #15
Are there even any hybrids in SWTOR (apart from the diluted Sith)?

Kheldras's Avatar


Kheldras
03.22.2012 , 03:16 AM | #16
Well, as this Race seems to have no males...

I would say, that the diffrent phenotype (Lekku, Ears) warrent a genetic incompatibility.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Cylux's Avatar


Cylux
03.22.2012 , 03:23 AM | #17
Star Wars is a space fantasy, as opposed to science fiction, so there's no real reason why not, unless it's explicitly forbidden in the lore, which isn't as clear cut from the looks of it.

RabidPopcorn's Avatar


RabidPopcorn
03.22.2012 , 03:35 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cylux View Post
Star Wars is a space fantasy, as opposed to science fiction, so there's no real reason why not, unless it's explicitly forbidden in the lore, which isn't as clear cut from the looks of it.
Even so, rules have to start somewhere.

aTrueFool's Avatar


aTrueFool
03.22.2012 , 07:21 AM | #19
In the encyclopedia under species for the kids it has Human/Twi'lek.