Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArtMonster
03.21.2012 , 11:55 AM | #21
today, while loitering on Ilum, eating my breakfast with my Republic Trooper, I got to see three Imperials go after the 'Force Ghost' on Ilum ....

it was a long fight, but the ghost eventually killed all three of them and had about 5-10% of its health left.

So, I decided to jump and attack the Ghost before he reset, and after he P'wnd my companion and got me down to next to nothing, I finally killed him...The Imerial group stayed put while I went after him, I suppose to see if I could actually pull it off solo.

When the group rezz'ed I asked if they got credit for it, they said that they in fact 'did' .

happy day.... Republic/Imperial relations improved slightly...if only for a moment.

Darth_Bond
03.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #22
I tell her, no, her dress does NOT make her look fat.
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

GalenDurron
03.21.2012 , 12:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.
I don't really have the creds to spare as I'm currently saving for crystals, but I tend to do nice things for people all the time, whether it's something as small as just answering a question someone asks in general chat or lending a hand with a mission someone can't complete solo even though I don't have it. Heck yesterday I helped a lower level Mercenary get a datacron in an elite area, guarded by a Champion level mob on Belsavis (I'm on the Republic side, a Jedi Guardian). I saw him running out being chased, figured he was after the datacron and so I followed him, said follow me in /say and cleared the area so he could get it. You don't need big gestures to be a helpful player, I'm a firm believer in trying to do something nice for somebody every day. Not only will they be grateful and happy, but you'll feel good about helping out. :-)
There is no emotion (except Love, that's ok); there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force.

Koru
03.21.2012 , 12:33 PM | #24
I ran into an obviously new to MMO's player on one of the starter planets so I offered to help him with quests and logged into my bank to give him credits. When I logged back in he was demanding that I 'hurry up' I immediately decided to only give him 100 credits instead of 1000. I'm nice but I'm not a doormat.

When I quit wow for this game I gave away all my gold to my guild.
Sineya Maurader, Pazula Juggernaut, Kookookachoo Sorcerer, Psythos Assassin, Madeon Powertech, Mockingbird Sniper
Quaffle Commando, Quelle Gunslinger
The Mompcork Legacy

asbalana
03.21.2012 , 12:44 PM | #25
I just would comment that there are a lot of good people playing this game. I have been on both sides of the aisle; helped other players and offered them gear that I could not use and have other players do the same for me.

Yesterday I logged on for my wife while she was finishing up something (I was already logged onto my rig) and had a player run by, stop and ask me if I could use a specific piece of gear. I answered yes and a trade box appeared. I got the gear and then he just ran off and into an instance. I won't name him, but do hope that we run into him again - he deserves the bow that he did not wait for.

To those positive helpful players out there - you make a big difference.

Chindi
03.21.2012 , 12:44 PM | #26
I've let several people bask in the glow of my awesomeness. Srsly...helped with quests, given gear/cash away, drive-by buffings, usual stuff that most people do.

OmenQ
03.21.2012 , 12:44 PM | #27
I made a friend by giving her implants while we were running a flashpoint. I looked when we started and she didn't have any, so I had them crafting while we did Hammer Station. When we got to the end, they were ready so I gave them to her. We now do heroics and flashpoints frequently.
Last week I was one material short for crafting my reusable stim pack, and the only ones for sale of what I needed was a stack of 99. I didn't want to buy 99 just to use 1, so I asked if anyone would sell me one. The guy selling the stack came over and gave me the 1 I needed.
Then, back on Tatooine, I rode the Jawa balloon with my brother and 2 Jedi scum. I resisted the urge to force push them off the balloon. That was SO nice of me!
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

-PiP-
03.21.2012 , 12:48 PM | #28
new player, someone gave me 100k to help with speeder training.

MackumDog
03.21.2012 , 12:51 PM | #29
Killed them, it taught them a valuble lesson
I can't brain today...I have the dumb

Damon_Mott
03.21.2012 , 12:51 PM | #30
I invited a player to our guild and their social status improved tenfold. This player has been eternally grateful for having been given an invitation and is now an active recruiter.
The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance:
A Heavy-RP Sith Crime Syndicate
Click here to Join!