Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WangLeeHomFan
03.28.2012 , 08:01 PM | #171
---

I'm a big mean self-reliant BH warrior-goddess! When possible I don't even use companions!

I was all alone in a Droid factory and crossed running paths with a Trooper. Ugh ... mama-boy-soldiers. As enemies piled behind me, some frozen dead standing naturally, I noticed out of the corner of my visor (said) trooper operating on the far side of the halls sweeping up his side but heading in the same general direction.

Ok, so he was pretty good too. Visors tipped and all that. He made quick work of the droids without a companion by his side.

As the hall shrank, our paths converged into tunnels. My target was at the long end and it seemed so was his. We looked at each other and pushed our respective mobs. I took the left and he took the right.

Naturally, I plowed mine through just that much faster. (ok- so I was like +2 levels above him but meh!)

I reached the end an saw the slimy traitorous Sergeant (?) all smug and walky walky in his Elite armoring and weaponry. So I stuck a bomb on him and we crossed blasters. He was a tough bantha-lover! Until I saw a heavy volley lobbed over my head at him.

Rival trooper finally came into the picture and we quickly finished him off.

The he wanted on a metal plate oucropping a few meters away awaiting his turn at the Sergeant. I sat across the tunnel from him. I owed him that much.

And we talked.

He learnt what bad-asses Bounty Hunters are.
I learnt Troopers don't smell so bad.
He learnt we actually have honour and always remember favours (grudges)
I learnt Troopers weren't all blind-sided Republic lackeys.

Then the Sergeant returned -I fed the Sergeant missiles -I fed the Trooper Kolto muck -We wasted him -We parted.

---

(DAMMIT! Now i wished I had more social emotes ....)
(Incidently I had rolled a Trooper as an alt (RP: as a brother to my BH warrior goddess!)

---

DarthKaratus
03.28.2012 , 08:05 PM | #172
I hope people don't take this to the point of bragging. It sort of defeats the purpose if you do nice things so you can go brag about it. On the flip-side, nice to know there are a lot of kind players out there. The internet doesn't have to be a hateful place
TOGRUTAS please?

Ansultares
03.28.2012 , 08:15 PM | #173
In this game? I was trying to get the yellow matrix shard datacron on Nar Shadaa;
Spoiler
Anyway, as I was trying to make the necessary jumps (took me about three tries on this go around), another Imperial player came by attempting the same. After I finally reached the datacron, I realized my mistake. Fortunately, the solution was obvious; help the other guy who was so far unsuccessfully trying to reach the datacron, because presumably once they accessed it I would be able to, as I already knew this to be the case with several similar datacrons.

So, for my nicest thing I've done in this game, I coached a random sorcerer through the jumps. Sure, I was being self-serving, but they were very grateful for my encouragement and pointers.

amaresch
03.28.2012 , 08:15 PM | #174
Being sorta new to MMOs myself- I value the help I've received from others. I take the time to help out others as I can. I'm still taking my time to learn and to level, but I'll set things aside if I notice someone who needs help. This game looks fun, and has attracted a lot of new players to this genre. Without a bit of research on your own and grinding out low level mobs to practice your rotations, techniques, etc- You'll get hammered and the game loses its fun factor. I help, then I tell them some things to look at on the web when they decant back into real life. I need a macro that will give links to the most relevant noob info on this forum and others.

I do all the drive-by buffs and back-seating FPs I'm over-leveled for as well. I don't hand out creds but I give out gear. Other than that, I try to abide by Wheaton's law.

It does seem that the past week or so there are a lot more people who either do not know how or don't give a d*** on the teamwork involved with grouping. I Hope that is just a byproduct of the free-pass weekends and will go away. Being part of groups that get wiped sucks. I need to start keeping a list of all those I need to return favors to for help received, plus a list of players to avoid grouping with because they can't or won't listen to team coaching. Nothing worse then seeing the experienced player give up and quick travel away after being systematically murdered by beatable mobs.

Thanks to all of you that have helped.

maxetius
03.28.2012 , 08:21 PM | #175
When someone pitches in to help me fight a mob they obviously will not get anything from, i generally give them the spoils.

Which is difficult, because they tend to run off.

Luminen
03.28.2012 , 08:26 PM | #176
I was on Alderaan on my lvl 50 in an attempt to solo the Heroic World Boss, and I saw somebody desperately looking for a group, I decided to help out, as soon as people heard a lvl 50 was doing a group, more people got in and I ended up helping out 3 people to do a heroic.

Not the nicest thing but it seemed super nice at the time.
"Sometimes one must sacrifice greatly in order to keep moving forward."

Ansultares
03.28.2012 , 08:32 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Luminen View Post
I was on Alderaan on my lvl 50 in an attempt to solo the Heroic World Boss, and I saw somebody desperately looking for a group, I decided to help out, as soon as people heard a lvl 50 was doing a group, more people got in and I ended up helping out 3 people to do a heroic.

Not the nicest thing but it seemed super nice at the time.
One wonders why they couldn't have just grouped up to do it.

terminova
03.28.2012 , 09:05 PM | #178
I popped by Bubble on my paladin and watched the Reaver I'd been attacking kill the Horde mage. Honestly, they should have known better than to attack that thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!