Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

Rayla_Felana
03.26.2012 , 11:03 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarfang View Post
@ProfessorWalsh None of what you mentioned from Dark Empire justifies Jacen's damnation and his seeming inabilty to do anything about it, even though he knows he is damned, right? Sith binding themselves to the physical world upon death because they don't want to let go is different, those ghosts could be redeemed, they could learn to let go, like Ajunta Pall.

This idea of being damned forever is too absolute and it sounds like a judgement, it doesn't make sense to me to think of the Force as capable of passing judgement. You could say Jacen's fate is a natural consequence of his actions and doesn't require a Judge but that just seems like a cheap way to get an exclusively Christian/Muslim idea into a fictional concept that doesn't suit it.
Have to agree here, if a Dark Lord the likes of Ajunta Pall can be redeemed, Darth Caedus can, his grandfather was, so can he.

Aximand
03.26.2012 , 11:20 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Have to agree here, if a Dark Lord the likes of Ajunta Pall can be redeemed, Darth Caedus can, his father was, so can he.
Especially since, in the grand scheme of things, he was a really, really crappy Sith.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

AngelousWang
03.26.2012 , 01:57 PM | #63
Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo did not go to Choas (hell) he went to the Netherworld (heaven), but the reason he was stuck in a form of damnation was his own doing.

Jedi let go completely, Jacen let go of everything except his regret/sorrow.

So he is an eternal force ghost (like Kenobi and Anakin), but he eternally feels regret and sorrow for his past actions because he did not let them go.

You also have to remember that Jacen is an oddity because he became one with the force before he died (before he even became Sith). Therefore theoretically he already had the power and connection to become a force ghost long before he died.
CE VIP

Rouge
03.26.2012 , 02:52 PM | #64
Denning wanted to tell an anti-RotJ tale, and twisted the ethos of SW and forced EU facts and even facts from his own books to fit his plan.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

ProfessorWalsh
03.26.2012 , 05:08 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Have to agree here, if a Dark Lord the likes of Ajunta Pall can be redeemed, Darth Caedus can, his grandfather was, so can he.
Ajunta Pall could only be redeemed because Pall became a Force Wraith and was able to be talked into rejecting the Dark Side and turning to the Light before he became one with the Force. Jacen Solo never had that chance because he didn't become a Force Wraith.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

shama
03.27.2012 , 12:44 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind
Just thought you should know, your link goes to a weird place
Quote: Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision

ProfessorWalsh
03.27.2012 , 01:03 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by shama View Post
Just thought you should know, your link goes to a weird place
Yeah, that is the old link, it got nixed when they changed the forum over. We got most of the story off of those forums but one entire entry was lost to the sands of time:

New link is:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3441

Also I went ahead and updated the link in my sig.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Coyotecalls
03.27.2012 , 10:41 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivanblood View Post
Jesus. It looks like hell to me. If this is the afterlife I would become sith and would search for inmortality by any means.

This is an extract:
"However, most Jedi including Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn, believed that people who died and were not able to become Force ghosts lost their consciousness and individual identities and "became one with the Force."

What are they doing in the force ? Just staying..floating there ? Pretty depressing.
And what means "became one with the Force." Being force ?
Brains are like light switches. They are on or they are off. Once they are off you don't know what's happening because "You" are not there. You stopped existing, doing, feeling, sensing, and thinking when your brain shut off.

Through the mastery of the force you can create a pattern of energy which can continue the stream of your consciousness making a copy of "You" that is a reflection of what was happening in your brain.

Original "You" dies but a new "You" is created as a pattern in the force. So the original "You" is still lost.

In conclusion; if you need to ask this question, sucks to be you because you are doomed.
Wow, reading some of these posts, it's amazing we can actually function as a society at all...
~Livingston, SWTOR Forums.