Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

Rouge
03.21.2012 , 07:41 PM | #21
Because of Troy Denning, we sadly now have an afterlife for Force users where people like Denning's main victim Jacen Solo are tortured for at least a century or real time or forever and those with lesser "sins" are left to contemplate their deeds

After a hundred years or so, those who are Light enough "move on" and either are assimilated by the Force, ending their personal existence, or move to yet another, unseen level of existence. But Jacen, apparently, is left for "eternal damnation".

This afterlife is seen as the living by a kind of lake, where the dead are under the surface, separated from each other.

There was another version of the Netherworld in early comics, a place of heavy fog, where the dead could interact with each other. In one comic, the spirit of Yoda is briefly seen meeting two young dead Force using siblings, intending to teach them, even when they are all dead.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

Rouge
03.21.2012 , 07:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivanblood View Post
I think Star Wars needs to incorporate some other religions for variety.
Sadly Troy Denning did just that in his Fate of the Jedi fiasco and gave us a Force user Purgatory. (Force Hell or Chaos existed already, and Denning combined it with his Purgatory.)
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

Captain_Zone
03.21.2012 , 08:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelfred View Post
Do you still have to pay taxes?
Jedi Hell is ruled by the TEA party, I think. So probably not. xD
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ellvaan
03.22.2012 , 01:15 AM | #24
Greetings everyone!

We want to thank you for an interesting thread topic! We do know that given the nature of the discussion, it can be easy to start discussion of real-life religion. Given the volatile nature of such discussions, they are not allowed on the forums. We ask that you please use only references to the Star Wars Universe when continuing your discussion.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to the discussion!

shama
03.22.2012 , 01:50 AM | #25
"became one with the Force."

What are they doing in the force ? Just staying..floating there ? Pretty depressing.
And what means "became one with the Force." Being force ?

Will siths shoot me from their fingers !? And will jedis pass me through their bodies ?
Pretty much means the same as our real-world - where dead living things 'become one with the world'. All your constituent bits are reduced to their most basic form of matter and will be reused by the world. Your carbon might engage in the global carbon cycle, your fat molecules will be used by other living things and your calcium might end up in the shells of snails.

So no, not just floating there or depressed because those are concepts only relevant to living things - if you don't have active nerve cells and a working brain then you can't be depressed

And yes, it means Sith might shoot atoms that used to be 'you' out of their fingertips and molecules/atoms that used to be 'you' might pass through the body of a jedi. But then in our real world the things that currently make up 'you' also used to belong to other things - every atom that you call 'you' came from somewhere else originally (and will move on somewhere else even before you die).
Quote: Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision

Ivanblood
03.22.2012 , 05:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelfred View Post
Do you still have to pay taxes?
Yes, you do. The death is not an excuse.

Ivanblood
03.22.2012 , 06:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by shama View Post
And yes, it means Sith might shoot atoms that used to be 'you' out of their fingertips and molecules/atoms that used to be 'you' might pass through the body of a jedi. But then in our real world the things that currently make up 'you' also used to belong to other things - every atom that you call 'you' came from somewhere else originally (and will move on somewhere else even before you die).
No. No. No. I donīt think that force is composed by atoms. Itīs some sort of energy or maybe is the dark material. But then a question surges, by what mean siths or jedi manipulate the dark material.

But from what we know the force allows to manipulate atoms and molecules.

For example, if a sith shoots a bolt from his finger tips, it means that he used the force to distabilize molecules in the atmosphere creating the electron migration from his finger tips to the target, in this way creating an electric current. But the force itself is not made from atoms or molecules. And, as I will be one with force, my essence will not be made from them either.

Actually do you that a sith would be unable to shoot electricity in the space. Because there is no medium there, no atmosphere, no atoms to propagate.

Ivanblood
03.22.2012 , 06:29 AM | #28
Well... I red all posts above, and all this lead me to one conclusion.
It actually doesnīt matter if you are sith or jedi. They all will become one with the force, loosing their identity or conscience.

Well... there are some slight differences:
Jedis will float in a pieceful state, and Siths, in a maddening one (the latter is not quite certain).

But as I, devoid from my identity, will not even notice it. Because identity implies memory of what I am, and what I did.

From what I deduce that Jedi/Sith pilosophy is lacking completely the charma concept.

And a problem is surged. Being Jedi sucks. Being Sith I can be anyone: I can be emotinal, I can do what ever I want, I can indulge all my whims, I can have girlfriends, I can love and be loved, I can hate and be hated.

While being a Jedi is basically being a monk. NO GIRLFRIEND., no strong emotions, no joys.

Is it a life at all ? And for what, to be even more tranquille in the afterlife ?

THEN I CHOOSE TO BE A SITH.

Rouge
03.22.2012 , 08:44 PM | #29
Well... I red all posts above, and all this lead me to one conclusion.
It actually doesnīt matter if you are sith or jedi. They all will become one with the force, loosing their identity or conscience.
The Sith and other Dark Siders can suffer "eternal damnation", endless suffering and possibly can't become part of the Force, ever. It's the Jedi and possibly other Light Side Force users who can lose their identity and consciousness and become part of the Force, existing no more.

schmakman
03.22.2012 , 09:53 PM | #30
Well seeing how there is no afterlife in real life becoming one with the force is good for me.