Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

Ivanblood
03.21.2012 , 01:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
It's based very much off of Southeast Asian idea of being "One with the World Essence" when you break the reincarnationary cycle. It's basically the same.
I think Star Wars needs to incorporate some other religions for variety.

bionamaster
03.21.2012 , 01:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivanblood View Post
Still sounds awful. Itīs like there is no afterlife at all. If you are not powerful enough, this it, game over for you.

And ones who managed to keep theirselves as a manifestation of the force, what are they doing ? Play cards ?
From what i've seen, Force Ghosts tend to help those they once knew. Qui-Gon appeared to Obi-wan on Mortis, to warn him about Anakin's temporary insanity there. Obi-wan, in turn, appeared before Luke to help him through the trauma of learning of his heritage, and also to aid him in destroying the first Death Star. And, during the Jedi Knight story arc,

Spoiler
So you see, they are not without things to do. They simply don't use their free time for recreational purposes. If they were Jedi council members, no change in their routine.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Ivanblood
03.21.2012 , 01:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
From what i've seen, Force Ghosts tend to help those they once knew. Qui-Gon appeared to Obi-wan on Mortis, to warn him about Anakin's temporary insanity there. Obi-wan, in turn, appeared before Luke to help him through the trauma of learning of his heritage, and also to aid him in destroying the first Death Star. And, during the Jedi Knight story arc,

Spoiler
So you see, they are not without things to do. They simply don't use their free time for recreational purposes. If they were Jedi council members, no change in their routine.
Still unfair. If you are not powerful enough, you will die for good. Now I understand Anakin who was seduced to dark path by the possibility of eternal life and using his power for keeping his loved people alive too (The third episode).

Does siths can become Force Ghosts too ?

I just remembered that SWTOR they do. If you played a sith...
Spoiler

PS. I am not a SW expert. I may be mistaken.

AngelousWang
03.21.2012 , 02:31 PM | #14
Does siths can become Force Ghosts too ?

I just remembered that SWTOR they do. If you played a sith...
Spoiler

PS. I am not a SW expert. I may be mistaken.
Jedi become Ghosts by dying, going to the "Netherworld", becoming one with the force (by unknown means of Lightside power) and then they can return as Ghosts (assumingly they can back and forth at will?).

Sith become Ghosts by refusing to go to "Choas" in the first place (by unknown means of Darkside power) and often attaching themselves to specific places or items (like Ajunta Pall and his sword). - Most powerful Sith Lords seem to do this (there were at least 5 in the Dark Temple, 3 still "asleep" 2 "awake"), and these Sith Ghost seem to be able to bring weaker beings back as Ghost's too (hence the state of the Dark temple). Once a Sith dies and goes to "Choas" only another can bring him/her back, they cannot escape alone. However the force Ghosts of Sith can be redeemed and go to the "Netherworld" rather than "Choas" (like Revan and Ajunta Pall, if you play it that way).
CE VIP

Captain_Zone
03.21.2012 , 02:52 PM | #15
Jedi become one with the Force when they die, unless they still have unfinished business. Then they hang around until that's taken care of. THEN they become one with the Force. Sith, until they're redeemed, just go to either Detroit or Cleveland.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ivanblood
03.21.2012 , 03:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post

Spoiler
When the Force Ghost finish to help those they once knew, if they helped already to everyone, what happens then? They float in the force invisible in lingerie shops for all eternity ?

And if they have too many people to help, do they have some schedule ?

Processj
03.21.2012 , 04:56 PM | #17
This isn't christian mythology or the bible it's star wars. The force is the religion, they return to the force when they die, that's it. Come on now.

DarkCelestial
03.21.2012 , 05:09 PM | #18
When the Force Ghost finish to help those they once knew, if they helped already to everyone, what happens then? They float in the force invisible in lingerie shops for all eternity ?

And if they have too many people to help, do they have some schedule ?
I'm guessing that they float in peace since being in a peaceful state of mind is part of being a jedi.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Sith become Ghosts by refusing to go to "Choas" in the first place (by unknown means of Darkside power) and often attaching themselves to specific places or items (like Ajunta Pall and his sword).
I believe the technique is transfer essence
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Essence_transfer
"I fight for the future…and the future is NOW!"

celebrei
03.21.2012 , 05:49 PM | #19
Both Jedi and Sith can manifest as force ghost given the proper knowledge and training, but whereas a jedi force ghost is in a state of peace, a sith force ghost is in a maddening state of limbo.

Kelfred
03.21.2012 , 07:25 PM | #20
Do you still have to pay taxes?