Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is there any Jedi heaven ? Do Siths go to hell ?

Ivanblood
03.21.2012 , 10:11 AM | #1
This is the question. Is there any Jedi or Sith heaven ? Where the siths and jedis go after death. Well...We are alredy saw Jedi ghosts. "Luuuuke. Uuuuse the force. Ouuhhh"
But from where the Jedi ghosts come from ?

Do the siths go to hell ? Or thereīs some sort of Sith heaven too?

How would look like hell or sith/jedi heaven ?

Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 10:22 AM | #2
There really isn't a heaven or hell for them, theres just the netherworld of the force. Well ok there is Choas which is reffered to as Hell in Corellian myth.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Netherworld_of_the_Force

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jannickj
03.21.2012 , 10:39 AM | #3
they all get to be "in one with the force" when they die. pretty much all there is to it.

Theeht
03.21.2012 , 10:43 AM | #4
when they die, they must go before Crom and answer the riddle of steal or be cast out of Valhalla

wait..

Ivanblood
03.21.2012 , 12:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
There really isn't a heaven or hell for them, theres just the netherworld of the force. Well ok there is Choas which is reffered to as Hell in Corellian myth.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Netherworld_of_the_Force

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
Jesus. It looks like hell to me. If this is the afterlife I would become sith and would search for inmortality by any means.

This is an extract:
"However, most Jedi including Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn, believed that people who died and were not able to become Force ghosts lost their consciousness and individual identities and "became one with the Force."

What are they doing in the force ? Just staying..floating there ? Pretty depressing.
And what means "became one with the Force." Being force ?

Will siths shoot me from their fingers !? And will jedis pass me through their bodies ?

If I kill myself being in the force do i com alive in the real world ?

Guildrum
03.21.2012 , 01:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivanblood View Post
Jesus. It looks like hell to me. If this is the afterlife I would become sith and would search for inmortality by any means.

This is an extract:
"However, most Jedi including Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn, believed that people who died and were not able to become Force ghosts lost their consciousness and individual identities and "became one with the Force."

What are they doing in the force ? Just staying..floating there ? Pretty depressing.

Will siths shoot me from their fingers !? And will jedis pass me through their bodies ?

It's based very much off of Southeast Asian idea of being "One with the World Essence" when you break the reincarnationary cycle. It's basically the same.

PurpleMagick
03.21.2012 , 01:10 PM | #7

This is an extract:

If they lose their individual entities then they wouldn't be doing anything because they would cease to exist basically.
This is very similar to Hindu and Buddhist monism.

Romanticyde
03.21.2012 , 01:16 PM | #8

This is an extract:

they are not floating around, they are doing nothing, they do not exist, beings are born from the force and are returned to it when they expire

think of it like clouds, raindrops are formed as precipitation, they fall to earth, and are then evaporated eventually back into the air to form new raindrops later

that's sort of how the force works, you come from it, and return to it when you die, if you are strong enough then you can keep yourself as a manifestation of the force after your death, thus is how force ghosts are formed
"In Dagobah, they call it a critter Royale with cheese"
-Mace Windu
Come to the dark side, you get a free cookie... Vader's Fist

Ivanblood
03.21.2012 , 01:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Romanticyde View Post
they are not floating around, they are doing nothing, they do not exist, beings are born from the force and are returned to it when they expire

think of it like clouds, raindrops are formed as precipitation, they fall to earth, and are then evaporated eventually back into the air to form new raindrops later

that's sort of how the force works, you come from it, and return to it when you die, if you are strong enough then you can keep yourself as a manifestation of the force after your death, thus is how force ghosts are formed
Still sounds awful. Itīs like there is no afterlife at all. If you are not powerful enough, this it, game over for you.

And ones who managed to keep theirselves as a manifestation of the force, what are they doing ? Play cards ?

rossonja
03.21.2012 , 01:30 PM | #10
Sounda kind of peaceful to me. Ceasing to exist completely as if you never existed at all. Almost sounds better than an eternity singing church songs or and eternity burning in hell.