Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wither: am I doin' it wrong?

Astarica
03.21.2012 , 02:57 PM | #11
Stuns are a form of damage prevention, and pretty much better than any form of damage prevention on the stuff it works on. The only problem is that in PvE, there's a lot of stuff stuns don't work on for precisely this reason.

If something's stunnable then you might as well stun it, especially in PvE. But you won't be able to do on most stuff that matters.

verfallen
03.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Stuns are a form of damage prevention, and pretty much better than any form of damage prevention on the stuff it works on. The only problem is that in PvE, there's a lot of stuff stuns don't work on for precisely this reason.

If something's stunnable then you might as well stun it, especially in PvE. But you won't be able to do on most stuff that matters.
Sure. But its not damage mitigation, its locking an enemy out of the fight, and is therefore unrelated to the discussed ability that is wither.

novakheng
03.21.2012 , 08:09 PM | #13
As a leveling skill, Electrocute is useful. But it loses it's usefulness in Flashpoints or Operations. Tanking trash in Flashpoints or Operations are never an issue, only the bosses.

So no, Wither is always better. It's nice to have Electrocute if you have to stun an add mid-fight, but other than that, it's pretty worthless.

PURGATUS
03.22.2012 , 03:14 AM | #14
fair enough. thanks for the info all

MrSteak
03.22.2012 , 07:03 AM | #15
Wither is more or less just a free stack of Harnessed Darkness. It's good for healing you, assuming you don't get knocked back instantly and thus interrupted on your "immune to interrupt" specced lightning.

Noctari
03.22.2012 , 07:09 AM | #16
not to go off topic, but does "Chain Shock" give 2 stacks of HD when it procs?

am_luckystar
03.22.2012 , 08:30 AM | #17
No, it does not.

Noctari
03.22.2012 , 08:48 AM | #18
damn :-/

Katahn
03.22.2012 , 10:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PURGATUS View Post
AH, thanks for the speedy replies. I should clarify.

When I refer to PVE tanking, I naturally assume we're talking about damage mitigation... 'cause, lets face it, I'm not there to DPS. I'm there to hit well enough to keep mobs on me and make easy work for the healer.

When I refer to the 'meh' of wither, I'm specifically referring to the damage mitigation. I actually feel that I'm taking MORE damage by trying to weave in electrocute into the mix of (wither, discharge, thrash, thrash, shock, wither, assassinate, etc).

versus a pre-wither combination somewhat like: electrocute, tumult, discharge, thrash, thrash, shock, etc....

am i doin' it wrong, or is wither < the damage mitigation of spike and electrocute? woven into the rotation?

Thanks in advance peeps
Are you using Dark Ward?
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Cichard
03.23.2012 , 11:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by PURGATUS View Post
AH, thanks for the speedy replies. I should clarify.

When I refer to PVE tanking, I naturally assume we're talking about damage mitigation... 'cause, lets face it, I'm not there to DPS. I'm there to hit well enough to keep mobs on me and make easy work for the healer.

When I refer to the 'meh' of wither, I'm specifically referring to the damage mitigation. I actually feel that I'm taking MORE damage by trying to weave in electrocute into the mix of (wither, discharge, thrash, thrash, shock, wither, assassinate, etc).

versus a pre-wither combination somewhat like: electrocute, tumult, discharge, thrash, thrash, shock, etc....

am i doin' it wrong, or is wither < the damage mitigation of spike and electrocute? woven into the rotation?

Thanks in advance peeps
first off you wont be able to use electricute on a boss fights and electricute has what a 1min cd. so even if you can use it its 4 seconds ofno damage once every 1 min. Or 5% less damage over 5 min fight. Wither has a Threat modifier on it as well so it helps hold threat and you take 5% less damage from everyone couple that with discharge putting a 5% chance to hit debuff you are sitting pretty well on aoe damage reduction. also you will find that Tumult will be all but usless as well because you cannot use it on Elites or Champions or bosses.
Quote:
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.