Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choose Your Side: Smuggler vs. Sith Warrior

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Choose Your Side: Smuggler vs. Sith Warrior
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saseav
12.16.2011 , 05:04 PM | #21
awesome!
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Rohanshot
12.16.2011 , 06:09 PM | #22
Something I've been wondering. Can you collect shotguns as loot and equip them to your smuggler. The smuggler has Weapon Profficiency: Scattergun that lets him "Equip scatterguns" Is this possible?
Speak softly and carry a BIG GUN!
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Rank: Corporal- Element: Titan Company 1st Platoon, Delta Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

Blue_Leader
12.16.2011 , 07:03 PM | #23
Is there any competition here? The Smuggler is pure awesome. The Smuggler wins just with coolness.

The Mirialan Smuggler has a nifty eye patch, too. So I guess that means that other player races besides Cyborg can get cybernetics? Awesome!
--Smuggler at heart, scoundrel by nature--

-Dejulues Tze'Midak (Begeren Colony)
-Alaki Bui'loch (Begeren Colony)

EeuwigLijden
12.16.2011 , 07:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryn View Post
Smuggler... you guys made the force users so weak that they even have problems fighting astromech droids. So.... yeah... anything vs force users... the "anything" will win.

Trooper vs force user ... Trooper takes it.

IA vs FU ... (hahahahaha... get it? FU! ^_^) IA takes it.

Waffle cone vs FU ... waffle cone wins

declawed newborn kitteh vs FU ... kitteh wins....

radiator hose vs FU ... hose takes it.
I know what you mean, I said much the same thing on the Sith Inqusitor vs. Trooper thread. With the kinds of things even barely trained Force Users are capable of, Non Force Users shouldn't even stand the slightest chance against them. However, the Non Force Users DO stand a chance and sometimes even win, and we all know why: to justify the very EXISTENCE of Non Force Users in Star Wars.
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--

Nicze
12.16.2011 , 08:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
Something I've been wondering. Can you collect shotguns as loot and equip them to your smuggler. The smuggler has Weapon Profficiency: Scattergun that lets him "Equip scatterguns" Is this possible?
Yes you can.

Talahar
12.16.2011 , 10:38 PM | #26
At the moment, those two are my favorite classes.
So yeah, cool video.
I'm not into PvP so I can't say anything there, but for the sheer fun of the story,
the smuggler wins hands down. IMNSHO of course.
Also, the scrapper scoundrel gameplay is just way too much fun,
kicking, faceblasting, suckerpunching and shotgun to the face(or the back, if you want).
It just feels right.

Leela
12.17.2011 , 12:15 AM | #27
SMUGGLER FOR THE WIN! Kick that Sith Warrior in the nads!!!
Please allow purple Twi'leks as a character creation option!

Inzuher
12.17.2011 , 03:49 AM | #28
Roleplay is alive and well in Swtor and can be found on the Progenitor server.
Anyone interested in engagging in roleplay should check out swtor-rp.com

Dire-Wolf
12.17.2011 , 04:01 AM | #29
The other "Choose your side" videos do a fairly good job of talking up both classes and making it sound like the fight will be balanced. This one doesn't do that. The way they're talking about it it's clear the Smuggler's going to win and the Sith Warrior wont stand a chance. The gameplay footage even looks like the Smuggler's holding back and that they could wipe the floor with the warrior anytime they want.

It's a little disappointing considering I'm planning on playing a Sith Warrior. I mean I knew this game was going to be rock, paper, scissors pvp but after the other videos did such a good job of making the classes seem balanced this was a bit of a let down.

micpe
12.17.2011 , 05:47 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
hahaha