Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

fix for FPS loss in PvP BG.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
fix for FPS loss in PvP BG.

seallone
03.22.2012 , 04:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by snowgar View Post
Good morning.

I just found where does the problem of FPS DROP BG.

by doing some test, or came to see the problem.

I noticed this thing:

THE GPU (graphics card), is used as BG, wholesale instead of being used was 80-100% is used to -50% so what makes perf decreased by half or 15-25 -30 FPS in bg while on station or on the planets is a 80 FPS.

Another thing I noticed that the card kept putting it to work, when I walked down the clock speed as low as possible, so it only goes down as the perf do not move.

SO the problem would come from the fact that Bioware have made ​​a mistake and one that I think of their file to the file that FX effects, does not say the card has what it takes hump.

I wonder if there is a possibility to FORCE the card has to be 80-100% utilization.

here are the screens:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/659670gpu.png

in BG 20-35 fps

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/14...2110585262.png

In station. 80-110

look difference.
Yeah we Know, and they dont care, only blaming us. Meaning its Your PC, Very poor and rude. been going on since beta,

They lie and cheat, And fail
LVL 50 sorc 6 LVL 20's

seallone
03.22.2012 , 04:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AhtiSuniva View Post
If you posted with correct grammer and spelling that might help you at least be understood.
Iunderstand it, So do many other's. Ops forgot spacebar.
LVL 50 sorc 6 LVL 20's

seallone
03.22.2012 , 04:58 PM | #13
Love and light little sis
LVL 50 sorc 6 LVL 20's

snowgar
03.23.2012 , 01:40 AM | #14
hooo?

i not solo, yes good.

i read more other post for the problem FPS in BG.

sorry for my google traduction, i cant speak english.
Pain dur, lit dur et vin gatÚ est la vie du soldat usÚ
Pain dur, lit rude et vin gaste, est la vie du soldat ruse

Sippix
03.23.2012 , 04:43 AM | #15
I don't know why everyone is having such terrible problems with performance. I have absolutely no issues at all and I don't even have the best CPU, memory or graphics card on the market.

With my old 256-bit GTX 460 SuperClocked (oc'd 825 core/1650 shader), I was getting at least 50 FPS in WZ's when there were multiple actors and effects being rendered in the scene. That was with all setting turned on High, but AA turned off @ 1920x1080.

Now I have a new GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked (oc'd 950 core/1900 shader), and I constantly cap the frames at 111 (game's hard cap). This is all on high settings, even with shadows on high. The only thing I don't have on high is AA (I run AA on "Low"), since I play at a 1920x1080 resolution...There's just not a huge visual difference from "Low" to "High" at that high of a resolution.

Additionally, I have an Intel Core i4-2400 clocked at 3.6GHz (100MHz bclock * 36 multiplier) cooled by a CNPS 9900 Max and G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3-1600 memory (800MHz * 2 @ 8-8-8-24 timing).

So, I'm not even running the best/fastest rig, but I have absolutely no issues. Though, I did custom build my PC and I know how to match parts.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

Fight
03.23.2012 , 04:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sippix View Post
I don't know why everyone is having such terrible problems with performance. I have absolutely no issues at all and I don't even have the best CPU, memory or graphics card on the market.

With my old 256-bit GTX 460 SuperClocked (oc'd 825 core/1650 shader), I was getting at least 50 FPS in WZ's when there were multiple actors and effects being rendered in the scene. That was with all setting turned on High, but AA turned off @ 1920x1080.

Now I have a new GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked (oc'd 950 core/1900 shader), and I constantly cap the frames at 111 (game's hard cap). This is all on high settings, even with shadows on high. The only thing I don't have on high is AA (I run AA on "Low"), since I play at a 1920x1080 resolution...There's just not a huge visual difference from "Low" to "High" at that high of a resolution.

Additionally, I have an Intel Core i4-2400 clocked at 3.6GHz (100MHz bclock * 36 multiplier) cooled by a CNPS 9900 Max and G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3-1600 memory (800MHz * 2 @ 8-8-8-24 timing).

So, I'm not even running the best/fastest rig, but I have absolutely no issues. Though, I did custom build my PC and I know how to match parts.
If you check over the posts regarding issues you will see there is little trend and more randomness here. People with identical high end rigs are having completely different FPS results. I personally have a lot of experience with computing and have been building PC's commercially for 10 years, my PC is in tip top shape and benchmarks massive amounts in all tests but I get terrible FPS in WZ's. I have formatted, defragged, tweaked, tried different drivers for everything, eliminated parts for testing as needed, changed HDD twice and so on. There seems to be no solution for my personal case.

Do me a favour though please, go ingame and stand still somewhere, open and close your inventory rapidly and check your FPS, it will drop to 0 because the game is rendering the bag screen, times this by 200 for all players in fleet and this is the issue we are having. Its simply bad coding.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Sword in a box, never forget

trueanimus
04.05.2012 , 11:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sippix View Post

fraps it.. or it didnt happen... period
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW

nkitch
04.05.2012 , 12:07 PM | #18
This has been a known issue amongst the technical community sense the beginning,

I believe the issue is far more wide spread then people realize due to that fact your average player probably doe's not monitor there hardware to even notice the problem.
The Bladehunter Legacy
Tomb of Freedon Nadd