Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Assassin Madness/Deception paradigm, in need of a re-think in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Sith Assassin Madness/Deception paradigm, in need of a re-think in PvP?

Pretty_Flacko
03.22.2012 , 04:07 PM | #11
i actually enjoy deception. I usually follow a rotation, cloak-spike-vs-vs-cast wrecklesness-discharge-shock-cc if needed-assasinate. Works well for me, and to be honest this being my first MMO i understand my role and am very good at it. I find it more fun than any other class. I usually end up with at least 7 medals min. per WZ because on top of being DPS i utilize guard when needed. I think people just need to stop complaining because if it doesn't work for you than it clearly doesn't work for you...but that doesn't mean its not working for everyone

Nwalmaer
03.22.2012 , 04:17 PM | #12
Go full madness/dark, deception is worthless

Faeldawn
03.22.2012 , 05:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nwalmaer View Post
Go full madness/dark, deception is worthless
Troll much?

Deception is fine, it's just not overly powerful and possibly a bit on the squishy side for warzone play.

Astarica
03.22.2012 , 05:39 PM | #14
Madness is a perfectly fine spec. It's weak compared to Darkness but so is pretty much every class/spec in the game if you go by that metric. It does respectable DPS and has decent survivality. After Darkness and Marauder I can't think of a DPS spec that's clearly better than Madness in all ways. Maybe some specs edge you overall by a slim margin (not counting the two obvious powerhouses), but that kind of stuff is too close to tell without extensive parsing/data.

FluxWing
03.23.2012 , 08:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
After Darkness and Marauder I can't think of a DPS spec that's clearly better than Madness in all ways.
How about Pyro PTs?
Better armor, better burst, longer range.
Grapple in dps spec is awsome.
100% uptime slow.
+25% dmg reduction compared to +50% defence

Stealth is the only thing Madness brings compared to a Pyro PT.

Hybrid Sorcs? Madness Sorcs even? Same passive damage reduction, but 30 m range on everyting. Shields, AoE blind/root and healing.

Madness can taunt and AoE taunt in exchange for all that?

I would like all specs to have access to Disjunction, Eye of the Storm and Force Pull.

That would make all 3 specs more equal.
"I'm a Hutt in human form planning to overthrow the Republic." - Revan, KOTOR

InariOkami
03.23.2012 , 08:48 AM | #16
i'm also a bm madness assassin, played it all the way from level 10 to 50 (though i tried out the others and always came crying back to madness). i provide insane damage for my team, decent utility in protection, and i can somewhat hold my own in a survivability situation through good use of force shroud/kiting when cloak is down.

the only thing i think that madness needs for survivability is for bioware to fix the death field healing bug. as of right now it only heals 2% (with the devour talent) no matter how many targets you hit, instead of 6%. this would make the tree working as intended as the self healing does feel somewhat lacking.

deception assassins just need a lower cooldown on force shroud and maybe a talent switched here and there with darkness or something. i cna't say much since i don't play deception.

Anelyn
03.23.2012 , 10:18 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by FluxWing View Post
How about Pyro PTs?
Better armor, better burst, longer range.
Grapple in dps spec is awsome.
100% uptime slow.
+25% dmg reduction compared to +50% defence

Stealth is the only thing Madness brings compared to a Pyro PT.

Hybrid Sorcs? Madness Sorcs even? Same passive damage reduction, but 30 m range on everyting. Shields, AoE blind/root and healing.

Madness can taunt and AoE taunt in exchange for all that?

I would like all specs to have access to Disjunction, Eye of the Storm and Force Pull.

That would make all 3 specs more equal.
Stealth, BETTER CC, more control of the battlefield, better peels, MORE damage. Your Pyro PT buddy will blow someone up with lucky proc and crits, then he's sort of capped on heat and he can't really move around much either, nor he got any good CC except 1 stun. Also with 1.2 he won't use guard anymore either nor have increased armor from ion gas cylinder.

And fyi, I wreck pt pyro's even with ion gas now, as balance shadow, and there is nothing they can do to stop it.

Astarica
03.23.2012 , 11:07 AM | #18
Pyro PTs have surprisingly low survivality against any class that isn't weak against interrupts (pretty much any melee). They tend to get away with that because people usually look at PT and think 'tank' and just ignore them.

I can certainly see some classes being better than Madness overall but there are only two class/spec (Darkness and Annihilation) that's clearly better than Madness in just about every way.

Anelyn
03.23.2012 , 08:19 PM | #19
I also wreck anni marauders (rage are walk in the park), same shadow balance. They have better defenses when they chain them together, true, but without them they are wet paper bags (and in 1v1 you can bypass those defenses with kitting, vanish, snare and los etc), their utility is a weak 6s aoe incapacitate and the group - soon Operation / raid speed buff. While shadow brings more peeling, more control of the battlefield, and they have about same mobility - if not better.

Astarica
03.23.2012 , 11:17 PM | #20
Marauders bring pretty much just DPS, but they do bring a lot of it. In theory they are quite beatable with any class but when you fight a class that does so much damage, you don't get to make very many, if any, mistakes before you lose and they have 2 CDs that covers whatever mistake they make.

With Force Camo invulnerability nerfed next patch I think the class will be pretty balanced. It'd be a high DPS high risk class.