Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrids builds, are going to desappear for 1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hybrids builds, are going to desappear for 1.2?

LawStanz
03.22.2012 , 03:08 PM | #21
Having talents in a class based game always creates tension. By definition a class is defined by a particular skill set, but talents are supposed to allow differences within a class for different players to choose different skills. People (players and maybe Devs alike) are just finally seeing past the facade of "talents" and realizing that the sense of choice is mostly illusory. It sucks, but it's true.

Before people howl, I'm not sure a skill based game is necessarily any better. People will always min/max (aka theorycraft) an "ideal build" for a given role.

hadoken
03.22.2012 , 04:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LawStanz View Post
Before people howl, I'm not sure a skill based game is necessarily any better. People will always min/max (aka theorycraft) an "ideal build" for a given role.
Right with all the possibilities in SWG (or even UO) the good pvpers all used slight variations of identical builds for the most part. It exists in any form, you can choose to play along or ignore that facet of it.

Bazzoong
03.22.2012 , 05:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Faulhaber View Post
That never part is what boggles me. Why BW doesn't consider implementing a more modern approach, like WoW is doing for MoP, and only allowing players to choose a tree and then talents are already set on stone. It seems a superior implementation that benefits the majority of the playerbase because there's very little room for making mistakes when choosing where to spend talent points. And it would add sense to when players refer to their specs as a classes: Hey I am a Madness Inquisitor! Cool.
It cost blizz my sub (not that it matters but it`s a fact), cata forced streamlined specs, MoP destroys every form of uniqueness for characters, for me cookie cutting is part of the fun in endgame, I`d miss it in TOR.