Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrids builds, are going to desappear for 1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hybrids builds, are going to desappear for 1.2?

AKIHA
03.21.2012 , 05:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
They were already touched before 1.2. This is why they weren't revisited much. Their dps/tank hybrid capacity was specifically targeted. So I can't really see what it is you understand.
Im talking about 1.2... i understand why in 1.2 dont touch shadows, because they already did it
Trayus Academy PvP server
S. Scoundrel - KIZUNNA Main: J. Shadow - AKIHA J. Guardian - Kizunna
The ShadowElite Legacy

LawStanz
03.22.2012 , 07:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
Some players wear being pigeonholed as a badge of honor. I was just reading a comment in the juggernaut forum from a guy who displayed irrational vehemence against hybrid specs; the only conclusion I can draw is that he feels his arbitrarily chosen "pure" spec is better, like this was some sort of spec war.
There is a vocal minority of players who are primarily concerned with hardcore endgame raiding that trumpet loudly that specialization=efficiency. Of course they are the same ones that ignore leveling builds, laugh at anyone who has to PUG, and whine if the best gear isn't all dropped from raiding. They are also a small portion of the gaming population and nowhere near large enough to sustain a game.
Quote:
BW using the "because players wanted it" excuse is lame; I heard they used it before in regards to moddable gear, saying something along the lines of "players didn't like moddable gear because they didn't feel like they were progressing when their boot graphics didn't change for X levels." So either they're idiots for targeting their game towards idiots, or they're just being ******es and designing out of spite.
My guess is Bioware thinks that rigidly defined roles for trees is a service to players who can't think for themselves. They want to make specing easy for us, whether we like it or not.

EchoTwoOmega
03.22.2012 , 10:45 AM | #13
Specing should be easy.
When I have to go to a 3rd party webiste to figure out how the "best" spec my character there is an issue.

Any skill I put points in should offer bennefit and be more a matter of playstyle rather than "math nerd says this is best". (yeah, I am one of those math nerds)

I Would rather spend my time playing and enjoying the game and not number crunching to figure out what provides another 0.0008% boost in my DPS output.
Squadron 367

RemyDMartin
03.22.2012 , 10:57 AM | #14
I personally think for myself and can't stand all the "oh are you going with the jim crow assassin" build etc etc etc BS. However that's fine other people enjoy being unoriginal and as previously stated intelligent enough to make up their own minds when putting points into skills...

All that said, I must say I also think this makes 0 sense to me considering, how crappy the top tier abilities are on my defense skill tree...if the move was worth investing in I would do it. But in my defense skill I'd prefer not wasting my points in order to get one instant attack I personally feel is not as helpful as the buffs from another skill tree...
Old Woman:"I sense great conflict in your heart. It is by no mere chance we met. The force is at work."
Remy D:"And what of it? You Jedi are all the same, self righteous.Yet, one blaster shot and you still bleed;just like the rest of us."

LawStanz
03.22.2012 , 10:58 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EchoTwoOmega View Post
Specing should be easy.
When I have to go to a 3rd party webiste to figure out how the "best" spec my character there is an issue.

Any skill I put points in should offer benefit and be more a matter of playstyle rather than "math nerd says this is best". (yeah, I am one of those math nerds)

I Would rather spend my time playing and enjoying the game and not number crunching to figure out what provides another 0.0008% boost in my DPS output.
I agree....but there's nothing about that statement that precludes the ability to pick and choose talents from 2 or more trees to craft a playstyle you want, and for that playstyle to be as viable as any other. It's a decision decision to force 3 rigidly distinct playstyles on players. I'm admittedly overstating things a bit, as hybrids will probably still be viable for leveling, but endgame is totally directed.

hadoken
03.22.2012 , 11:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EchoTwoOmega View Post
Specing should be easy.

Any skill I put points in should offer bennefit and be more a matter of playstyle rather than "math nerd says this is best". (yeah, I am one of those math nerds)

So you'd rather this become the new WOW with 9 total talents that just give you new fluff abilities?

Great.

edit for those not following WOW lately: that is precisely their argument and solution for the old 31 point (and even larger) trees. They felt that talents were "too confusing" for the average player, so dumbed it down so much that now there's no point in picking up any at all in their next expac.

LordbishopX
03.22.2012 , 12:23 PM | #17
It's hard enough for them to balance the main tree's when you toss in all the hybrids the balance matrix becomes almost unmanageable ergo the change to wow the change to bw.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Lymain
03.22.2012 , 01:12 PM | #18
Still going to be a lot of viable hybrid builds in 1.2. I don't know if it's intended or not, but skills lower in the tree are often much more valuable than skills higher up.

Faulhaber
03.22.2012 , 02:23 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Shardie View Post
Well, its never been Biowares policy to have Hybrid specs outdoing 31 point trees. We saw that when the Shadows hybrid spec was nerfed way back. And we see it now again.
That never part is what boggles me. Why BW doesn't consider implementing a more modern approach, like WoW is doing for MoP, and only allowing players to choose a tree and then talents are already set on stone. It seems a superior implementation that benefits the majority of the playerbase because there's very little room for making mistakes when choosing where to spend talent points. And it would add sense to when players refer to their specs as a classes: Hey I am a Madness Inquisitor! Cool.

hadoken
03.22.2012 , 02:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Faulhaber View Post
That never part is what boggles me. Why BW doesn't consider implementing a more modern approach, like WoW is doing for MoP, and only allowing players to choose a tree and then talents are already set on stone. It seems a superior implementation that benefits the majority of the playerbase because there's very little room for making mistakes when choosing where to spend talent points. And it would add sense to when players refer to their specs as a classes: Hey I am a Madness Inquisitor! Cool.
Pretty much why I quit and am never going back to that game. Would prefer that stupidity doesn't follow me. Course, I guess it's expected if their "average playerbase" did.