Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrids builds, are going to desappear for 1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hybrids builds, are going to desappear for 1.2?

AKIHA
03.21.2012 , 03:10 AM | #1
I have this question about the hybrids build for all classes...
When i read the patch notes of the PTS and read again, it appears that hybrid builds will not be viable anymore, maybe the nerf of those builds are for that.. i'm not sure, but some threads in this forums are taking about that.

some one can clarify me that...

Spoiler
Trayus Academy PvP server
S. Scoundrel - KIZUNNA Main: J. Shadow - AKIHA J. Guardian - Kizunna
The ShadowElite Legacy

Shardie
03.21.2012 , 04:22 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AKIHA View Post
I have this question about the hybrids build for all classes...
When i read the patch notes of the PTS and read again, it appears that hybrid builds will not be viable anymore, maybe the nerf of those builds are for that.. i'm not sure, but some threads in this forums are taking about that.

some one can clarify me that...

Spoiler
Well, its never been Biowares policy to have Hybrid specs outdoing 31 point trees. We saw that when the Shadows hybrid spec was nerfed way back. And we see it now again.
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

AKIHA
03.21.2012 , 04:47 AM | #3
I understand now why they dind't touch shadow's Trees...
Trayus Academy PvP server
S. Scoundrel - KIZUNNA Main: J. Shadow - AKIHA J. Guardian - Kizunna
The ShadowElite Legacy

Bazzoong
03.21.2012 , 09:37 AM | #4
The first rule about hybrids is: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT HYBRIDS

Voicing my general opinion about hybrid IA for pve on a pts thread got the thread closed in no time.

hadoken
03.21.2012 , 10:30 AM | #5
It's a tough line to walk. They have to make the full tree attractive first, so that the tree has worth as a full tree. Whether or not hybrids work is up to them but that's more optional I think. Some hybrid builds were probably unintentionally powerful (hard to know) and certainly more powerful than the full trees (sorc hybrid madness vs full madness or full lit).

The real question is whether or not they want hybrids to be possible to co-exist or if they'll take the WOW route and squash it flat. I can understand you don't want a hybrid to be 'the best' but I don't know why it can't still be 'a good option'.

LawStanz
03.21.2012 , 03:10 PM | #6
There's a noticeable pattern from testing through the 1.2 notes of Bioware becoming increasingly hostile to hybrids. On a few occasions they claim it was "because players wanted it" but mostly it seems to be an inability/unwillingness on Bioware's part.

There may be very good reasons to eliminated hybrids (itemization, balancing, simplifying the game for inexperienced players, etc) but I'd say yes, hybrids are being actively squashed by Bioware.

Tamanous
03.21.2012 , 03:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AKIHA View Post
I understand now why they dind't touch shadow's Trees...
They were already touched before 1.2. This is why they weren't revisited much. Their dps/tank hybrid capacity was specifically targeted. So I can't really see what it is you understand.

noahjam
03.21.2012 , 03:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
It's a tough line to walk. They have to make the full tree attractive first, so that the tree has worth as a full tree. Whether or not hybrids work is up to them but that's more optional I think. Some hybrid builds were probably unintentionally powerful (hard to know) and certainly more powerful than the full trees (sorc hybrid madness vs full madness or full lit).

The real question is whether or not they want hybrids to be possible to co-exist or if they'll take the WOW route and squash it flat. I can understand you don't want a hybrid to be 'the best' but I don't know why it can't still be 'a good option'.
It's mostly because it's a very delicate balancing act. Hybrids can very easily become overpowered because they have the freedom to cherry pick talents at their leisure from all the trees.

Ansultares
03.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shardie View Post
Well, its never been Biowares policy to have Hybrid specs outdoing 31 point trees. We saw that when the Shadows hybrid spec was nerfed way back. And we see it now again.
I highly doubt my 11/12/11 base juggernaut spec is outdoing anyone.

Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
It's a tough line to walk. They have to make the full tree attractive first, so that the tree has worth as a full tree.
I'd take the opposite approach, because it would force you to make more interesting decisions in design.

Ansultares
03.21.2012 , 05:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LawStanz View Post
There's a noticeable pattern from testing through the 1.2 notes of Bioware becoming increasingly hostile to hybrids. On a few occasions they claim it was "because players wanted it" but mostly it seems to be an inability/unwillingness on Bioware's part.
Some players wear being pigeonholed as a badge of honor. I was just reading a comment in the juggernaut forum from a guy who displayed irrational vehemence against hybrid specs; the only conclusion I can draw is that he feels his arbitrarily chosen "pure" spec is better, like this was some sort of spec war.

BW using the "because players wanted it" excuse is lame; I heard they used it before in regards to moddable gear, saying something along the lines of "players didn't like moddable gear because they didn't feel like they were progressing when their boot graphics didn't change for X levels." So either they're idiots for targeting their game towards idiots, or they're just being ******es and designing out of spite.

Should be a good laugh when the entire forums escalate into a full blown uproar when the patch releases (as if that wasn't going to happen already).