Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian/Juggernaut dps specs do not need a dps buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Guardian/Juggernaut dps specs do not need a dps buff

Regurgitate
03.21.2012 , 02:21 AM | #1
Guardians/Juggernaut's, knights/warriors for that matter their does not need a increase. I say this only because I don't want my favorite class to receive a super nerf later down the road once people wise up.

I easily crit for 5k + now as focus spec guardian with full bm gear modded for all power/surge.

Defensive cooldowns, whatever I don't care but there is honestly no need for this class to receive anything like "dispatch at 30%, or free kicks/awes" or anything else that helps our dps. I love this class I only feel I am trying to look out for its future. Call them fixes or buffs, I don't see this classes dps specs needing anymore efficiency.

Now perhaps the tank spec's need a dps buff or whatever, I don't think so but if that is the case why not just buff that individual skill tree.

Regurgitate
03.21.2012 , 03:03 AM | #2
Call them fixes or buffs. They are not needed when this class can crit for over 7k.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mn3w5.jpg

Taken post surge nerf...I mean the guy has no pvp gear but still. How does this spec need anymore killing efficiency.

All im saying is only buff defense trees, not knights as a whole. Buffing knights as a whole will leave room for complaining which = them nerfed in the long run.

Tenacity
03.21.2012 , 03:13 AM | #3
DPS and burst damage arent the same thing. DPS is sustainable damage, it's what you want in a raid/pve environment (for most fights). Burst damage is how much damage you can do per attack or with longer cooldown attacks, it's what you want in pvp where you need to kill a relatively low-health target before it can receive a heal.

Doesnt matter if you can pull off 10k crits in pvp, if you cant put out the sustained damage needed to match up on boss fights.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Regurgitate
03.21.2012 , 03:16 AM | #4
This thread has nothing to do with pve, Marauders seem to have some good sustained dps in pve anyway imo.

Sabredance
03.21.2012 , 03:45 AM | #5
Why the plural dps specS, when you mean Focus/Rage ?

Ansultares
03.21.2012 , 09:24 AM | #6
Good thing they're getting nerfed, then?

And if this thing actually plays out with everyone waiting on supercharged smashes, then it'll only increase the volume of QQ about smash (and jugg's big spike), which will just lead to a direct nerf of either smash or one source of the spike.

Regurgitate
03.21.2012 , 09:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
Good thing they're getting nerfed, then?

And if this thing actually plays out with everyone waiting on supercharged smashes, then it'll only increase the volume of QQ about smash (and jugg's big spike), which will just lead to a direct nerf of either smash or one source of the spike.
DUH THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY

Look out for the longevity of this class......by not buff it now. Because thats what it got was a buff, not a nerf.

Regurgitate
03.21.2012 , 09:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabredance View Post
Why the plural dps specS, when you mean Focus/Rage ?
My argument made to much sense to have a legitimate statement against it huh

Anbokr
03.21.2012 , 10:12 AM | #9
Jugg smash got reduced by 10 percent and the tree got quality of life fixes. What's the problem?
Keller's Void
<The GAF Empire>
Priapus (Empire) - 50 Marauder
Harck (Empire) - 50 Agent

Richoshist
03.21.2012 , 10:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
Jugg smash got reduced by 10 percent and the tree got quality of life fixes. What's the problem?
They also eliminated our cooldown reducer. Net result is a pretty big nerf for focus spec. It sucks.
The weak fear the strong. The strong fear the fearless.
Richo Shistt-Jedi Guardian
Wound in the Force-->The Bastion US
<OTHER SIDE>