Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith rule before the movies??

schmakman
03.20.2012 , 10:32 PM | #1
Ok so I just got done watching the movies for the like one millionth time. Does anyone else get the gist that the Sith have ruled the galaxy once before??

ACLucius
03.20.2012 , 10:42 PM | #2
After careful review and consideration of your statement and the movies, I have come to the conclusion that no, the Sith have never ruled the galaxy. In fact, it would appear that Darth Sidious is actually one of the most successful trolls in the galaxy at this time. He builds a death star which he intentionally leaves an open place to destroy it just so he can build a second one and convince the rebel alliance that it is not operational to eventually shoot them.

He was also in a conspiracy with Admiral Ackbar, as Ackbar wanted to have the most famous line in history, but only mildly succeeded simply because Sidious trolled him on that too.

His biggest troll moment though? Convincing Vader that he killed Padme, as he kept that joke going long after Vader threw him into the reactor. In fact, he wasn't screaming on the way down, he was laughing.
"So far, this game quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, has feathers like a duck but we're told it has a pair of antlers that we have yet to be shown. By all logic, its more likely a duck with a funny hat than a deer." -Omega

CelticMutt
03.20.2012 , 11:50 PM | #3
Actually, at some point between the game's timeline and Bane creating the Rule of Two, there was a period where the Sith did in fact control most of the galaxy.

EnsignSorrow
03.21.2012 , 06:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CelticMutt View Post
Actually, at some point between the game's timeline and Bane creating the Rule of Two, there was a period where the Sith did in fact control most of the galaxy.

^ This.

schmakman
03.21.2012 , 09:42 AM | #5
I had a hunch but i just wasn't sure.

SnapWolf
03.21.2012 , 10:15 AM | #6
The Sith in Old Republic also nearly succeeded.
As Gandhi would say :

"Everyone is entitled to his own viewpoint, but it is not impossible that everyone might be wrong."

FalmeseReb
03.21.2012 , 10:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SnapWolf View Post
The Sith in Old Republic also nearly succeeded.
Not really, they never captured the core worlds. Furthest they got was the coup on Corellia.
Fyoro Falm, Kettemoor Rebels, SWG
"would you like a taste of my Trauger Gas?" -OE-/Mnky ftw

Mesley McCallister, Antigua Brits, PotBS

schmakman
03.21.2012 , 10:42 AM | #8
Oh and when they sacked the Jedi temple.

BenjaminminU
03.21.2012 , 01:43 PM | #9
I know that one of the lines in attack of the clones is "I won't let this republic, which has stood for a thousand years, be split in two!" so this would indicate that at some point before 1000 BBY the republic wasn't in control of the galaxy.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Rayla_Felana
03.21.2012 , 02:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
I know that one of the lines in attack of the clones is "I won't let this republic, which has stood for a thousand years, be split in two!" so this would indicate that at some point before 1000 BBY the republic wasn't in control of the galaxy.
The Sith controlled practically the entire galaxy before Bane went all Rule of Two on everyone, not only that but the Ruusan Reformations practically created a new Republic in the first place.