Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What month and date for transforing to another server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What month and date for transforing to another server?

vansir
03.20.2012 , 06:18 PM | #1
Hey guys, i would like to know the month and day, when we can transfor to another server. Tyvm for your info.
= Support Medic =
I will make sure all Imp live

haliy
03.21.2012 , 01:21 AM | #2
you can do it right now with the low low price of a re-roll...

Currently the only transfers which are available are to people in the Asia Pacific launch countries who want to transfer to one of the oceanic servers.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Sallakat
03.21.2012 , 02:11 AM | #3
It would be good to know at least the date, I reaaaally need to get my BH to transfer to another server where my guild is, and fast. I would pay how much they want
<REBUILT>
Kaia - sorcerer | Aino - operative | Katriina - assassin | Lení - sorcerer
www.rebuilt.enjin.com

shama
03.21.2012 , 02:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sallakat View Post
It would be good to know at least the date, I reaaaally need to get my BH to transfer to another server where my guild is, and fast. I would pay how much they want
No date has been announced, so you're not going to get one however much you reaaaaaally need to know

As other poster said, if you reaaaaaaaally need to be on a different server then just roll a new character. If it isn't urgent then waiting for official announcement is all you can do.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision

haliy
03.21.2012 , 02:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sallakat View Post
Unless you are a part of a guild from a different game, exactly how did you join a guild on one server when they are on a completely different server? Inquiring minds would like to know.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Erevan_Kindelar
03.21.2012 , 03:02 AM | #6
The one-time transfers to the Oceanic servers are being done in late April, so if Bioware choose to offer character transfers to other locations, it will be after that.

Sallakat
03.21.2012 , 03:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
Unless you are a part of a guild from a different game, exactly how did you join a guild on one server when they are on a completely different server? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Hehe sorry for being nondescriptive there I created my first toon on a random server I picked from the list but afterwards learned that there are a lot of Nordic people - like me - on this other, more populated, server (Frostclaw) and created a toon there (actually 2) as an alt(s). But as it turned out there were lots of reaaaaally cool people there and end it up in a guild with bunch of them. Now I'm having so much fun with them I cant bare the thought of even leveling my BH at the other server even tho that's the toon I love the most
And no, there's no possibility to make another BH at my guild server, I just cant go thru Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa 4th time in a too little time Would need for the time to golden my memories before I can do that

So you can probly imagine why would like BW to hurry the heck up with the transfer feature
<REBUILT>
Kaia - sorcerer | Aino - operative | Katriina - assassin | Lení - sorcerer
www.rebuilt.enjin.com

Stenrik
03.21.2012 , 04:37 AM | #8
I heard speculation it would be early this summer, like May.

Main thing is they're trying to make sure that your legacy transfers over properly, not just one character (they said this at the Summit). This means we have to:
--Wait until 1.2 for legacy.
--Wait a few other patches for them to iron out the legacy system and fix the inevitable bugs.
--Wait for them to perfect transfers based on the fixed-and-stable legacy.

I'm just as frustrated as you though.
I personally really want to get on a populated, RP-PVP server.
I only rolled on my dead one (not dead at the time) because I had a couple real life friends playing on it. Had no idea what I was missing, both population and roleplay wise until it was too late. Now my server is quickly becoming one of the lowest-pop ones out there.
And I do not consider rerolling an option because I don't have the time or heart for it, and it was not my fault.

statistx
03.21.2012 , 06:40 AM | #9
I really hope it is offered soon.
I played the trial weekend, just joining a simple server without realizing that there were RP servers, cause i didn't think I'd stick around after the trial, but when i was finished, i realized i wanted to play a little more, so now I'm stuck with a lvl 15 character that i DON'T WANT to level up again, on the wrong server.

PatrickTheLama
03.22.2012 , 06:36 AM | #10
Can someone give an idea, in sheer numbers, of what you consider to be a sufficiently populated server? How many players on planet X? Instant WZ available?
FNG levelling a Sniper and a Merc