Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Artifice crafted Lightsabers mats cost intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artifice crafted Lightsabers mats cost intentional?

Xrande's Avatar


Xrande
03.20.2012 , 05:26 PM | #1
I look at L48 for 400 artifice crafted lightsaber.
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/fvlM4LI/radiant-blade

Cost are similar for orange armstech weapons.
Armor crafters have access to low level orange armors making them much cheaper to crit augment.

It has L48 crystal and 52 mods.
The requirements for crafting is 3 Biometric crystal alloy. Is that intentional to be that expensive? Pre-1.2 it is useless to craft because there is no L56 or 58 hilt I know of. Even then to try to crit for augment slot seems to make augmented LS rare because of mats requirements.

Compared to the mods, hilts, implants and earpiece at 400 artifice, they all dont need BCA. Is this intentional for Augmented LS to be this hard to make and rare? Even after 1.2 of tradeable BAC, it will still be hard, but just seems more justifiable with hilts that can be taken from ops.

Orange LS are plenty. It just seems pointless to have a recipe that not a lot of people will craft because the mats reqs and time involved do not seem that worth it. At least remove the BCA
Beta 2011 Tester For the Sith Empire!
Circle of Kakis - A GMT +8 Timezone Guild

Xrande's Avatar


Xrande
03.20.2012 , 05:36 PM | #2
Look at Sythweaving L50 orange armor. It comes with no mods. Cheaper to make.
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/zPC...plast-leggings

I rather have the crafted LS be like that. Make it empty and cheaper to craft. I meant thats why we can craft hilts and enhancements to fill these w mods. Why craft a LS that has inferior hilt and mods that is expensive to make when the purpose of crafted LS is to fit the custom one with more powerful mods?
Beta 2011 Tester For the Sith Empire!
Circle of Kakis - A GMT +8 Timezone Guild

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
03.20.2012 , 06:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xrande View Post
I look at L48 for 400 artifice crafted lightsaber.
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/fvlM4LI/radiant-blade

Cost are similar for orange armstech weapons.
Armor crafters have access to low level orange armors making them much cheaper to crit augment.

It has L48 crystal and 52 mods.
The requirements for crafting is 3 Biometric crystal alloy. Is that intentional to be that expensive? Pre-1.2 it is useless to craft because there is now L56 or 58 hilt I know of. Even then to try to crit for augment slot seems to make augmented LS rare because of mats requirements.

Compared to the mods, hilts, implants and earpiece at 400 artifice, they all dont need BCA. Is this intentional for Augmented LS to be this hard to make and rare? Even after 1.2 of tradeable BAC, it will still be hard, but just seems more justifiable with hilts that can be taken from ops.

Orange LS are plenty. It just seems pointless to have a recipe that not a lot of people will craft because the mats reqs and time involved do not seem that worth it. At least remove the BCA
From PTS 1.2 patch notes:
Treasure Hunting

Treasure Hunting missions now have a chance to yield Custom (orange) lightsaber schematics as a reward.



So yeah, the "bought" orange recipie is presumably silly/pointless, unless the schematics obtained via treasure hunting are similarly hard to get mats for.

DarthDemens's Avatar


DarthDemens
03.20.2012 , 06:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
From PTS 1.2 patch notes:
Treasure Hunting

Treasure Hunting missions now have a chance to yield Custom (orange) lightsaber schematics as a reward.



So yeah, the "bought" orange recipie is presumably silly/pointless, unless the schematics obtained via treasure hunting are similarly hard to get mats for.
They're also unique and interesting looking skins, and can augment. I expect they'll be replaced by the cheaper ones in 1.2 however.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Kogarvandalin's Avatar


Kogarvandalin
03.20.2012 , 06:15 PM | #5
Are level 56 and 58 hilts becoming craftable in 1.2?

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
03.20.2012 , 06:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
They're also unique and interesting looking skins, and can augment. I expect they'll be replaced by the cheaper ones in 1.2 however.
And by skins you mean hilt, which you typically can barely see because you've gone into options and upped how far away the camera can be, so that now the camera is far enough away that you can actually tell what's going on in the fight?

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
03.20.2012 , 06:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kogarvandalin View Post
Are level 56 and 58 hilts becoming craftable in 1.2?
Unknown, but likely. Seems that mods on raid gear will be REable to learn schematics from them. I would *assume* this includes hilts. (and barrels, for that matter). All we know is it does NOT include current armoring with set bonuses.

Xrande's Avatar


Xrande
03.20.2012 , 06:55 PM | #8
If there are lower level LS schematics maybe...

At this pt sythweavers will just crit craft the lower level orange gears. No pt going for higher end ones.
Beta 2011 Tester For the Sith Empire!
Circle of Kakis - A GMT +8 Timezone Guild

pointvector's Avatar


pointvector
03.20.2012 , 07:43 PM | #9
the crit lightsaber are ridiculous to get. I've read it is a 40% crit rate. (So I have the same chance to win the poker world series apparently :P) Anyway, if you look at my post on crafting, I have had much success queueing my crafts. I queue'd 5 and three crit. They are the best sabers in the game...and IMO will be for a long time. Throw in your lvl 25 hilt and the 41 crystal and some mods you ripped out of some rakata gear that had stupid stats your class didn't need in the first place, and you have an awesome saber.

Xrande's Avatar


Xrande
03.20.2012 , 10:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by pointvector View Post
the crit lightsaber are ridiculous to get. I've read it is a 40% crit rate. (So I have the same chance to win the poker world series apparently :P) Anyway, if you look at my post on crafting, I have had much success queueing my crafts. I queue'd 5 and three crit. They are the best sabers in the game...and IMO will be for a long time. Throw in your lvl 25 hilt and the 41 crystal and some mods you ripped out of some rakata gear that had stupid stats your class didn't need in the first place, and you have an awesome saber.
You are prob just lucky. I ran 7 FPs and lost all roll on BCA.
Beta 2011 Tester For the Sith Empire!
Circle of Kakis - A GMT +8 Timezone Guild