Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 - New Rakata Itemization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.2 - New Rakata Itemization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kllashaa
03.21.2012 , 12:59 PM | #21
Thank you for the quick and descriptive reply, Georg! I will not be touching the mods in my Rakata or BM gear

TheVoidStalker
03.21.2012 , 01:08 PM | #22
Is it only Rakata gear that is changed or Columi and Tionese as well?

Brakner
03.21.2012 , 01:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheVoidStalker View Post
Is it only Rakata gear that is changed or Columi and Tionese as well?
Columni and Tionese generally do not have all of one stat like Rakata does. For instance my Combat Medic gear has Alacrity on all the pieces intermixed with power and Crit. Where as the Columni and Tionese usually only have 2 pieces with each stat.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

ComeAndSee
03.21.2012 , 01:12 PM | #24
Rakata had no Crit/Surge mods or Shield/Absorb.

Battlemaster gear shared the same mods as Rakata with Accuracy bleeding out of every crevice so all the good players swapped out the mods.
| Shayera Zhukov | Marshal of The Republic Army | Shield Vanguard | Jedi Covenant |

"It's not cheating unless you get caught."

Cimosdef
03.21.2012 , 01:17 PM | #25
What if I put the correct mod back in the item, but it is not the mod from that piece (i.e. lets say helm and gloves had the same mods, and when I put them back, I accidentally swapped them because I do not know which mod came from which piece.) I would assume as long as the rakata / bm gear has the same mod/enhance setup as the original, it would update?

TheTitan_KoS
03.21.2012 , 01:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.
So if we saved the enhancements ( most ppl changed only those) in our bank they will get upgraded to the new version ?

or we have to put them back in the item before the patch

oldshatterhand
03.21.2012 , 01:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTitan_KoS View Post
So if we saved the enhancements ( most ppl changed only those) in our bank they will get upgraded to the new version ?

You have to put it back in the item.

DarthxRage
03.21.2012 , 01:40 PM | #28
I optimized my own mods as Mr. Zoeller suggested to help with my stats. I have spent hundreds of thousaunds of credits modding out my gear. There is absolutely no way that I can switch all these mods back to their original state to get my upgrades that I am entitled to. If you cannot upgrade all rakata drops then imo upgrade NONE. I would be very upset to see that people too lazy to optimize their gear now end up with better gear starting 1.2 because they had all the original mods.
Darth Tyrannos of Dark Empire - Jung Ma Server
"I am the heart of darkness. I know no fear."

Nerzhul
03.21.2012 , 01:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTitan_KoS View Post

Ok, from what I read in the Dev post on this thread, this is what we should do:

The last time you plan to log off before 1.2 goes live you should put the ORIGINAL RAKATA mods BACK into your Rakata gear.

Those mods will then be modified with the new stats. They WILL NOT be modified if sitting in your cargo hold.

All Rakata gear with the original mods that came in them will be updated to the new versions, IF that gear is returned to it's original state before 1.2 goes live.

The mods/enhancements that we currently have in the gear will be left untouched, If it is NOT the ORIGINAL mod/enhancement that came with that piece of gear.

Please, someone jump in with corrections If I am mistaken.

Enderet
03.21.2012 , 01:48 PM | #30
I know it might be a lot of work, but could someone post pics of the new Rakata itemization in 1.2?