Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 - New Rakata Itemization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.2 - New Rakata Itemization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BobaFaceroll
04.04.2012 , 08:06 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Korghal View Post
Well, if people want to grind for battlemaster be my guest. First you have to reach Valor rank 60, then you have to get 1000 mercenary and 1000 warzone per piece. Not a problem imo
Valor prerequisites on BM gear go away with 1.2. They also cost flat Warzone commendations for purchase...you no longer have bags to drop BM Commendations, and you can't buy individual comms.

TheVoidStalker
04.04.2012 , 08:18 AM | #202
Is this thread even relevant now that there's no new Rakata itemization?

Vallii
04.04.2012 , 09:29 AM | #203
Unless I missed it I haven't seen a dev comment on the gear being reverted back to live so until then, I'm going to assume it's temporary to test something or an accident idk

Lostpenguins
04.04.2012 , 12:05 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions.
I'm bumping this as well to see if some developer is going to give us an official response.

Basically... these are the last words from you guys on the official stance: Before 1.2 goes live put your old mods back in and they'll upgrade to the new stats.

However, as shown in this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=388950

This isn't the case anymore and there's no new Rakata gear.

So, what gives. Can we get a response. Are you going forward with the changes or not. If not, I would like an explanation as to why not (which I hope goes beyond, "The people who modded their gear out will cry too much"). If I can't even get a why... at least tell us officially: are the changes happening or not?

TheVoidStalker
04.04.2012 , 12:52 PM | #205
Incidentally, is anyone else reporting this via the in-game system? For good measure, link them to that above quote.

Glimmerstrike
04.09.2012 , 08:05 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsMistress View Post
epic fail?????

They just announced perhaps the best possible way of handling it. Updating any original mod with new stats seamlessly, and letting people that did change their mods out keep their new attributes.

And lets say they did as you suggested and changed any mod from a rakata or BM gear set to new stats, whatever the location of it - that'd be pretty horrible for those players that have put those mods in because the stats were what they wanted.

In addition, you've been given specific instructions on how to achieve fully or partially updated gear with the new patch.

It really doesn't get any better than that.

I seriously think that if Bioware announced on this forum that they were giving everyone that has a current subscription 10 with no strings attached, htere would be a bunch of posts complaining that it wasn't 15.

LOL @ the Fanboi
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."

-- George S. Patton

KiBsss
04.11.2012 , 01:41 AM | #207
So i have spent weeks getting my full BM gear and i finally got my set. Then i had to farm another few weeks to get certain mods/enhancements i wanted for my personal build.

Now your telling me, that i will get penalized for doing that? I am not eligible for the new upgrade? Your telling me that i have to farm a 3rd set of BM gear with the chance of getting a token from the BM bags all over again? Just to reset my BM gear to its original form so i CAN get the buff? That is a load of BS.

I hope a developer can read this and respond to my plight.

I am aware that a lot of people support this and quite a few of you lovely people can farm WAY faster than i can. But i am a casual gamer and do not possess the time to grind out items like you folks. To us, casual gamers, this is a insult to our time and money we spent on this game.

Dissapointed

HellFlame
04.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #208
Just a single question bioware lets take the "War Leader's Body Armor" for example:

+99 Strength
+124 Endurance
+57 Defense Rating
+51 Surge Rating

and i am interrested in the FAT text. If you personally could me explain what ppl should do with that it would make me very happy.

I dont know who gave that BAD feedback but seriously bioware... If you are not sure what your gonna do then just let it be...

Guess the empire side on our server gonna be non-existing anymore in a few weeks...
SW:TOR Endgame

Ka-tel
04.11.2012 , 02:11 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
I'm bumping this as well to see if some developer is going to give us an official response.

Basically... these are the last words from you guys on the official stance: Before 1.2 goes live put your old mods back in and they'll upgrade to the new stats.

However, as shown in this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=388950

This isn't the case anymore and there's no new Rakata gear.

So, what gives. Can we get a response. Are you going forward with the changes or not. If not, I would like an explanation as to why not (which I hope goes beyond, "The people who modded their gear out will cry too much"). If I can't even get a why... at least tell us officially: are the changes happening or not?
What do you mean when you say to put the old mods back in? We were expected to actually take the original crappy mods out before we put the ones we used to replace them (which would cost us ~25k each)?

I put replacement mods on top of the stupid accuracy mods and now they're gone. So if I take the ones I put in out, and there's no mod there at all will they update the armor with a correct new mod?

Cause I seriously doubt many people saved the mods with useless stats...