Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 - New Rakata Itemization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.2 - New Rakata Itemization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karniel
03.20.2012 , 04:06 PM | #11
Need an answer on this for Rakata and Battlemaster itemization, I don't want to be penalized for playing, and using a system that is in place to allow me to focus on stats that I want.
Narcistic
Beast Marauder on The Fatman
Kayn from Bloodfin

<V A N Q U I S H>

harpuax
03.20.2012 , 04:09 PM | #12
I thought the whole point of mods was so we could customize the stats on our gear. But currently we are at the mercy of the stats and mods on high end gear. At level 50 an artifice has the recipes for like 50 different enhancements, with almost every combination of stats. Awesome Mr. Artificer make me some of those one I like! But then when we get into Raid or PvP we are stuck with whatever enhancement or mod our set (the one with the bonuses that ably to our spec) has on it. Now there are a few pieces to choose from, and maybe even grab one from another class if you can get the drop, but this still limits us to maybe 5 different choices. We go from this crazy customization of stat at 50 to extremely limited after that. If we could actually customize the stats on our endgame gear they wouldn't have to worry about rebalancing itemization. We would choose what we think is best.

Karniel
03.20.2012 , 04:10 PM | #13
Just give people the option who have the old Rakata/BM gear to trade it in for the new itemized gear. Like token but requires the old piece for the new. Problem solved.
Narcistic
Beast Marauder on The Fatman
Kayn from Bloodfin

<V A N Q U I S H>

grucho
03.20.2012 , 05:33 PM | #14
We need reply from dev! Also what if I put back the old mods/enchs in the rakata gear, will it get updated to new stats that way or it wont?

Enderet
03.20.2012 , 05:47 PM | #15
I would like to see an answer for this.

antonmb
03.20.2012 , 08:15 PM | #16
I mean, I think the new stats/itemization for 1.2 Rakata gear is great and I'm really looking forward to it. I just want to know if putting back the original mods of the 1.1.x Rakata gear will suffice, so that it gets automatically changed to the new set. If that's the case, then I'm okay, as I've kept the original mods stowed away anyhow.

TheShadowWolf
03.20.2012 , 09:47 PM | #17
I would also like to know a response to this. As a Jedi Sentinel, the Crit/Acc mods were absolutely useless to me in compared to the Power/Surge ones that are slotted :/

Jedi Sentinel Zan'der
Squadron 238 Tester
Republic of Taw - Prophecy of the Five - CE Owner

Winguardian
03.21.2012 , 12:53 PM | #18
I ripped out the enhancements but still have them in my storage.. will those get updated or remain the same? I'm asking this cause I wanna make sure if they don't that I put them into my bm gear.

Any input on this is appreciated.

Cylestat
03.21.2012 , 12:56 PM | #19
Seems to be a fairly poor way to do the upgrade. Why not just upgrade the mods themselves? So if we moved them around it won't matter to the end user.

Now I have to go through my PVP and PVE sets and add in the mods that should be there before the update. Le sigh.
.: Lestat :.
<REIGN>
reignpvp.com

Kai-Eurah-Tird
03.21.2012 , 12:58 PM | #20
good thing I only modded my lightsaber. and I can still swap back old mods.