Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 - New Rakata Itemization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.2 - New Rakata Itemization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Helanar
03.22.2012 , 07:22 AM | #101
Question about how this will work:

If the old Rakata mods/enhancements were preservered from when they were stripped out to do our own itemization, if they were put back in to the appropriate gear, would these be seen as "base" Rakata level or will they be seen as "modified" Rakata and not be affected by the reitemization?

Dhariq
03.22.2012 , 07:22 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey, some answers...
Thanks alot for the information so we know what to expect and what to adjust for.

Foxcolt
03.22.2012 , 07:29 AM | #103
I'm guessing I won't be refunded the 400k+ Credits it's going to cost me to reslot my full BM and full rakata set back to orginal form am I?

:/

Poorly thought out implementation BW...

Either offer a way for us to trade in our current rakata/BM gear for fresh peices with the new mods/enhancements OR if you're too lazy to even do that at least update each mod/enhancement on a name basis so those of us that have them sitting in the bank can get the new stats and reslot accordingly.

Very dissapointed...
Foxs
Shadows Fall is recruiting!

Lxkane
03.22.2012 , 07:31 AM | #104
They can't just mod all Rakata gear with the new mods when it comes out.

Why?

Because then what's to stop someone from pulling out all the modifiers and enhancements and replacing then level 10 greens right before 1.2.

Giving tokens presents the same problems.

For the record they aren't changing the mods themselves they are changing what mods are in the armor that's two different things programming wise.

So while it may suck if you modded your Rakata they are doing things this way for a good reason. Yell and shout about it all you like they aren't going to change this to a method that could be exploited.

Xavory
03.22.2012 , 07:55 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxkane View Post
They can't just mod all Rakata gear with the new mods when it comes out.

Why?

Because then what's to stop someone from pulling out all the modifiers and enhancements and replacing then level 10 greens right before 1.2.

For the record they aren't changing the mods themselves they are changing what mods are in the armor that's two different things programming wise.

So while it may suck if you modded your Rakata they are doing things this way for a good reason. Yell and shout about it all you like they aren't going to change this to a method that could be exploited.

It's easy to fix: Let us trade the old gear for new gear. Yeah it does suck that those of us that actually made the worthless stats on the gear worthwhile are getting shafted, while people that just plodded along with the crappy mods/enhancements get rewarded.
Xavory/OperativeXavori/Shadow
Order of Shadow
Jung Ma PvP
http://www.twitch.tv/xavory

grucho
03.22.2012 , 08:08 AM | #106
Only problem is how can I distinguish mod from pants and mod from gloves. I will have to gamble or what?!

DestyOwn
03.22.2012 , 08:14 AM | #107
They need to give us an option or something when we transfer, to override all our 56 mods with the new ones.

ESPECIALLY the BATTLEMASTER GEAR. Since Expertise is such a huge improvement in 1.2, i want 1000 expertise not 700.
Sasha'White on the Fatman Server
Streaming PVP and OPS
http://www.twitch.tv/empireseliteguild

Foxcolt
03.22.2012 , 08:18 AM | #108
meh...
Foxs
Shadows Fall is recruiting!

Tekkoclarky
03.22.2012 , 08:26 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by miglor View Post
As a PT tank, I had to 'fix' BW's atrocious itemization by swapping in columi mods. So apparently I get screwed now? LOL wow BW
This ^^

Quote: Originally Posted by Xneco View Post
If you're already in Rakata, you'll being moving on the next tier of gear at launch anyway...
But then this ^^ Not really a huge deal since the content is piss easy anyway. By the time Nightmare is out, we will be in full new Tier.

ragamer
03.22.2012 , 08:32 AM | #110
Quote:

If you refer to the tokens of my idea... They aren't the current tokens allowing you to buy a whole Rakata piece...

...It's a simple implementation allowing you to convert ANY old rakata enh/mod into any other Rakata enh/mod (preserving mod -> mod and enh -> enh, ofc)... Once.

So, like energy, the ammount you have before and after the process is the same... It's just transformed.