Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Hierachy?

Diviar
03.20.2012 , 11:23 AM | #1
What do people feel is the DPS hierarchy for the Republic. Which class's are top to bottom? Which class's really need to utilize the non-dps role that they have. This is more of a general question for ops in general.

Thanks,
Diviar

EuphoricAnguish
03.30.2012 , 04:03 AM | #2
I'd like to know this as well.

Just from parsing what I've read together in my own head, it seems as if it's Commando > Gunslinger > Sentinel > Sage and I have no idea where the others are at.

Dee-Jay
03.30.2012 , 04:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviar View Post
What do people feel is the DPS hierarchy for the Republic. Which class's are top to bottom? Which class's really need to utilize the non-dps role that they have. This is more of a general question for ops in general.

Thanks,
Diviar
We'll find out soon enough, once Patch 1.2 goes live.

My gut-feeling and personal experience say

Good DPS
-Commando
-Sentinel
-Gunslinger
-Sage

Average DPS
-Guardian
-Shadow
-Powertech

Sub-par
-Scoundrel

But the differences aren't all that huge (less than 50% between a Commando and a Scoundrel).

Veriu
03.30.2012 , 06:01 AM | #4
From what I've seen from sims (not completely accurate, but it's the best we can do for live). All classes are pretty close...without looking up the numbers, I think it breaks down to something like this for sustained DPS:

Mercs/maraders/snipers are around 1400 or so
sorcs are around 1300
jug/assassin/powertech are like 1200
operative is like 1100

Burst DPS is much different...I believe pyrotech powertech is the highest, with like a possible 25-30k damage in 6 gcds if they get EXTREMELY lucky: thermal, rail, flame burst, rail, rocket, rail...
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.