Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheDetour
04.03.2012 , 04:09 PM | #291
I am VERY unhappy with the decision to make critically crafted orange gear better than end game operations gear. What a hassle and time sink it will be to not just get the end game gear, but then get a critically crafted orange piece, then spend the credits to pull three epic mods out of the end game piece to reslot in the orange, then find an epic Augment... all to use one piece of gear.

I know crafting needed help, but this is NOT the way to do it. Crafting Augment slots IS a much better choice and should have received MUCH higher priority than crit crafted orange gear.
I am interested in doing some podcasting work in my free time. Specifically, the subjects I am interested in podcasting about are video games and sports. If you have a podcast and are looking for help from an experienced broadcaster, please send me a PM.

VulcanLogic
04.03.2012 , 08:14 PM | #292
Cybertech tank mods still missing as of April 3. These are the mods (the specific item, not the generic term) I'm talking about, which exist in game but for some reason cannot currently be crafted:

Resilient/Robust/Weighted (main stat + absorb)
and
Deflecting/Elusive/Reinforced (main stat + defense)

What's the status on these? Can they be RE'd if not learned from a trainer? What's the plan? Given huge improvements to other professions, cybertech should finally get these. I know the trainer patterns should be there, as I started as an artificer and these patterns were on the trainer (even though you couldn't learn them).
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

CorellianWannabe
04.10.2012 , 10:16 AM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by grownmcgavin View Post
I think you missed the biggest part of the orange gear section of the coming update. Once crafters can get schematics for orange gear, they then have a chance to CRIT when crafting orange gear. This results in orange gear with extra augment slots. Then you can take out all mods from the highest gear in PvE and PVP and put them in your orange gear, AND augment them. This orange critted gear will be better than the non crit gear end game items.
And since it's orange crafters will be able to sell to raiders ONCE per piece-assuming the guild doesn't already do it all in-house. So like everything else in this game, the earliest birds get to feast while everyone else gets famine.

Kierrok
04.11.2012 , 01:26 AM | #294
Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success. [quoted from the Dev Blog on Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2]

Does this apply to the social outfits (eg. Sandpeople costume) ?

The word "almost" from the quote leaves it wide open as to whether you will be able to or not.

I love that the social sets will finally be available in medium/heavy. Unfortunatly without an augment slot they're just not going to be as good as other crated gear.

KungenMike
04.12.2012 , 05:46 AM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey,

A bunch of you have brought up the point that reverse engineering orange quest item appearances would be a risky business.

That's true - which is why we did not enable reverse engineering for these. It would be pretty frustrating for players to destroy the quest reward they worked so hard to get for a chance at being able to craft the appearance.

So none quest "orange" items can be RE:ed? for example drops?

-Mike

KungenMike
04.12.2012 , 05:59 AM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by prodarkwolf View Post
blablabla snip,
RAID armor that cant be buyed and weared by a lvl 10,....... nice
I'm guessing you have been playing for a while, that means you should know there are level restrictions to gear and mods/enchants etc.

Stop beeing a "cat" (propper abbreviation of a word that you should know of what i mean) and deal with what they throw at us.

-Mike

eagerj
04.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #297
Hi I have made around 15 to 20 Acolyte Bracers in Synthweaving and so far had no luck producing a new schematic. I don't know if its a bug but it says on the Acolyte Bracers I should have a 20% chance of learning a new schematic.

thanks
John

peterax
04.14.2012 , 09:52 PM | #298
Not bug - just your pretty bad luck tough

Master_TG_Knight
04.15.2012 , 06:18 AM | #299
the completion of crew skills shoould also increase affection of the companion in small amounts

Kourage
04.15.2012 , 08:29 AM | #300
This change to augments is bad. I used to be able to get augments on my slicer. They were random and if I didn't need them myself, I'd sell them on the GTN. Now I can't get any at all and NOBODY is crafting or selling these! Right now the GTN has level 33-39 augments only. Nothing for a low levels or end game.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))