Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shonuff
03.20.2012 , 11:45 AM | #21
Quote:
....In related news, Balmorra Microprocessor Corporation has announced the discovery of a critical engineering flaw in the 'appreciation' subroutine of their bestselling 'Droid Vocal Response Chip' used on almost all ship maintenance droids currently available. The flaw is said to cause excessive expression of appreciation towards owners entering the proximity sensors of their Droids and is likely to blame for the sharp increase in escape pod related incidents around the galaxy over the last two months. A repair and replacement plan for the affected units has been devised and is said to take effect in the immediate future."
Finally a restraining bolt!!!! Can't wait to shut him up!!!!
Zallhela
Sith Marauder
// Night Crew \\

Elarion
03.20.2012 , 11:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Valens_Andorius View Post
It will be an empty chest peice tho. You have to fill it with your own mods etc...
Yeah I could fill it with Tier 2 raid mods and crit the pieces so it could have Agments. Also considering the rarity of it I'm sure there would be massive demand on the GTN.

Another question though, what about the bind to legacy items you are introducing? Can I learn how to craft those?
Corbec lvl 50 Vanguard - Master Dar'Nala
Atticus lvl 50 Guardian - Master Dar'Nala

mtth
03.20.2012 , 11:50 AM | #23
in a world full of rakata stims, cybertech grenades have a 3 minute cooldown

RedOmen
03.20.2012 , 11:51 AM | #24
Armstech: I am curious if any 'end game' BoP schematics will be added to exsisting or new FP's and OP's?
I am at a loss as to why all other crafting crew skills had BoP schematics in FP's and OP's (end game) and armstech did not. Even if the items made were BoP they were good and in some cases best in slot if critted.

mtth
03.20.2012 , 11:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RedOmen View Post
Armstech: I am curious if any 'end game' BoP schematics will be added to exsisting or new FP's and OP's?
I am at a loss as to why all other crafting crew skills had BoP schematics in FP's and OP's (end game) and armstech did not. Even if the items made were BoP they were good and in some cases best in slot if critted.
drop armstech and get biochem. as applicable now as ever

Jenovan
03.20.2012 , 12:04 PM | #26
I'm still a little unclear on reverse-engineering random, non-orange dropped items.

Quote: Originally Posted by Georg Zoeller
Players with the appropriate professions are now able to reverse engineer random loot items and acquire materials from them - including Operations materials from end game items.
So as a Cybertech, for example, would I be able to research a new schematic from a random blue earpiece, or is that capability limited to armor and weapons? I suppose the same question applies to Biochems and implants.

Being able to RE these random drops, and then develop them up to Artifact grade, would be a great "uniqueness" thing for individual crafters, IMO.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

dnoisette
03.20.2012 , 12:04 PM | #27
Great news over here ! I was really looking forward being able to RE all orange items in order to get the schematics and I'm glad that Bioware listened to the community and made it real ! Thank you.

venomlash
03.20.2012 , 12:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by XavinNydek View Post
Do these have a 100% RE rate? A lot of orange gear is only obtainable once through leveling quests.
Seconded. Can we get a definitive answer on this? (Please let such things have a 100% RE rate.)
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

underclocker
03.20.2012 , 12:13 PM | #29
Ehm... so Armortech can reverse-engineer all stuff for empty shells and synthweaving cannot? Even if we can get augment-slots on currently existing oranges, this is sad
Quote:
As with Armormech, a critical success crafting custom (orange) outfits will add an additional augment slot to the resulting item.

We have also added a number of additional light armor schematics and tweaked the material requirements for some custom (orange) outfits for better balance.
Mitglied von Sithology und Veteran des Squadron 950A

Nyhm
03.20.2012 , 12:13 PM | #30
Wait. We just heard a day or two ago that White Crystals are being removed from the vendors, and no way to get them after. and that they MAY come back, but devs havent made up their mind yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Never is such a harsh word.

There will be no way to obtain white color crystals in Game Update 1.2 or any of the 1.2 series of patches. As for further into the future, it is fair to say that we have not yet made up our minds.

However, should a white color crystal be made available at a later time, you can be certain that the mode of acquiring it will be significantly more involved than going to a vendor. That's a one-time opportunity during patch 1.1.5 that will likely not return for a long, long time.

Now in the article I read this:

Quote:
We want players to be able to choose their weapon color without having to worry about stats. To this end, we are introducing top-end crystals for all available colors to the game."
So... are white crystals staying in game or not?