Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HerbM
03.22.2012 , 10:31 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by tkslfhkdksls View Post
I'm glad they are trying to fix the crafting system. But let's be honest here. The commendation reward system and orange gear rewards trump anything you can get from crafting early on. And everyone gets commendations and orange gear from quest rewards.
Not sure we are playing the same game, if you actually do any crafting then you would know that the commendation Mods offer more End stat than primary stat.

Sorry not able to log in to my account atm but for instance at Nar Shaddaa level of mods.
The crafted ones will have like 23str 14end as to the ones bought from the vendor/commendations will have 14str/23end. Have yet to make a purple Armoring mod with my cybertech guy so not sure if they are even possible. But if a Crafter can make purple level armoring mods then they are going to be far better than anything you will obtain during your leveling process....not end game yet so not sure about that. But I know I prefer my primary stat over endurance, and if possible will always go with blue mods from a crafter( cybertech).

XavinNydek
03.22.2012 , 10:31 AM | #212
So many unanswered questions. This blog post really should have been 3x as long and had multiple concrete examples of exactly what would happen when REing each different class of items (quest oranges, heroic/FP oranges. Tier 1 purples, Tier 2 purples, etc). Vague bullet points with wishy-washy wording is not helpful and just creates confusion.

We can't read your mind, and haven't been in on all the internal discussions, so please be very specific. It will help prevent a ton of baseless speculation, and help us test, since unless we know how things are supposed to work, we can't know if there are bugs.

Riggz
03.22.2012 , 10:49 AM | #213
The droid will shut up now!!!!!!!!!!

:d
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

PullinStuff
03.22.2012 , 10:54 AM | #214
When I first came to this game the statement was (from endgame players) crafting is useless...

As it stands now, without the patch, I find this to be wholly untrue, I manage to keep my companions in competitive gear without grinding flashpoints over and over again, all of my mods, armor plates and enhancements are player made and outstrip commendation inserts.

I do not mass produce for GTN because I am not at the endgame yet, so I am keeping my gear where I want it, when level changing is not a factor, then I will hit the market. When they figure out the aug fix for implants I will be happy, but as it stands I am producing the implants and holding the aug slot ones, figure they will fetch a pretty penny in the interim.

I like the changes, I want synthweavers and armormechs to produce non class restricted orange armor, it will enhance the companion experience, as well as improve the customization of player characters.

So far looks good, thanks for your hard work BW...
Pullinstuff Saber of Exar Kun BH MERC (Formerly Pullin Stuff Naritus)

KyaniteD
03.22.2012 , 11:01 AM | #215
Still no orange techblades/techstaves? Poor Akaavi.
Looking for a referral link? Support Dulfy's and Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
Quote: Originally Posted by Feargal View Post
A totally logical and reasonable answer. Clearly you have no concept of what forums are for.

Jenovan
03.22.2012 , 11:28 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Still no orange techblades/techstaves? Poor Akaavi.
From the patch notes:
A set of modifiable Techblades and Techstaffs has been added to the game.

At least one person in this thread
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=techblade
mentioned getting an orange techblade schematic from an investigation mission. It sounds like a lot of these schematics will be mission rewards or based on reverse engineering.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

spew
03.22.2012 , 11:55 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Elarion View Post
So I could potentially RE the Jedi Battlelord's chestguard and learn how to craft it? It's a really good idea but if it isn't 100% a lot of people won't chance it on some really expensive stuff, like the Battlelord's chest or rare quest rewards/instance drops.

Also is there specific gear that will be limited in how you can RE? For example if I am a Jedi Knight with Armormech for some reason. I do Trouble in Deed on Coruscant and get the orange Jedi Knight chestguard as a reward. Can I RE and learn how to make that as an Armormech or is it Sybertech only?

Unfortunately, it makes sense. If you had 100% chance for being able to craft an item after RE'ing it, the markets would be overflooded with higher tier items because anyone would be able to just RE them and build their own. So, you run an operations instance and win an a very RARE item, RE it, then sell it. Someone with very high cash flow buys your overpriced hard earned effort, then RE it and does the same but undercuts your price. Repeat with other people who save up on their credits. You have a pricing war and an eventual collapse of that market, and some reasons to repeat the operations mission.

Basically, it rewards those who are very bold to try RE'ing as a profession. They find an item by questing, they RE it and find themself with an ability to make that piece. It's not a dead end if you fail in being able to obtain a schematic. You can spend some credits to have more chances to being able to RE stuff.

How far are you going to go to be able to sell more on the market and diversify?

spew
03.22.2012 , 11:59 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Raurok View Post
It says in that post that armormech can RE orange items to get the schematic, is the same not true for synthweaving? I have been playing with this on PTS, and so far none of the orange items RE'able by synthweavers that I have found would yield me a schematic.
It's a chance thing. Will bad luck run in your pedigree (family tree)?

Keep trying and hope that people put out similar items on the GTN for you to buy and RE.

Zei-Duum
03.22.2012 , 12:28 PM | #219
Alright mates, this stuff is good and all, but the race of Kel-Dor(Plo-Koon) needs to be added, especially with this legacy system, naturally it needs to be a republic/force user focus, then the legacy will add some diversity to it, maybe even add the planet of the Kel-Dor's for some storylines. I already have a legacy story for the Kel-Dor race and would love to see them in here, that is the main reason I am not playin either of the two jedi classes, and I wont play them until I see Kel-Dor, becuz that is the best race in the Star Wars Era. Thanks Mates. Go With The Force, It Will Guide You To Peace & Strength!

XavinNydek
03.22.2012 , 12:36 PM | #220
Quote:
Unfortunately, it makes sense. If you had 100% chance for being able to craft an item after RE'ing it, the markets would be overflooded with higher tier items because anyone would be able to just RE them and build their own. So, you run an operations instance and win an a very RARE item, RE it, then sell it. Someone with very high cash flow buys your overpriced hard earned effort, then RE it and does the same but undercuts your price. Repeat with other people who save up on their credits. You have a pricing war and an eventual collapse of that market, and some reasons to repeat the operations mission.
Unlikely, as even the low level orange schematics are heavily materials bound. I expect the tier schematics to require raid mats and Mandelorian Iron/Star Silk, which is actually harder to acquire than the raid mats. Orange raid tier gear with an augment slot will be extremely rare on the AH, if it even shows up at all.