Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valens_Andorius
03.20.2012 , 11:11 AM | #11
Oh sweet, all my characters will still be Biochems...
Everyday I'm Shuffling
Shadowlands: Blackfyre Legacy
55-Dutch Gunslinger/Womanizer
55-Vaylrion Commando

netslave
03.20.2012 , 11:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jmarFTL View Post
Maybe you missed the part where Artifice will be able to craft BIS lightsabers? Bit of a market for that, don't you think?
Compared to armormechs being able to now craft BIS pieces for three slots (Head/Chest/Legs, if not more) as well as the augments that go in them? Yeah. Lame.

Being able to create PvP stuff to sell was a nice idea. Having to PvP to do it, not so much.

EDIT - quoted wrong post

netslave
03.20.2012 , 11:29 AM | #13
Regarding Armormechs, will craftable Boots, Gloves, Bracers, and Belts be part of this or just the traditional Head/Chest/Legs?

Evel
03.20.2012 , 11:29 AM | #14
It must be BioWare's goal to have everyone drop BioChem in favor of other crafting professions. I know I will be.
Infernal Empire
A Community for Adult Gamers
Website | Thread | About | How to Join?
Est. 2004

PhaseB
03.20.2012 , 11:36 AM | #15
If one can reverse from Orange Gear now, PLEASE please expand the rewarded loot from Heroic Quests. Please allow us to pick the loot from any class, since that is where a lot of the Orange Gear "drops" and it is bound.

Otherwise, it will be impossible to get a lot of the schematics. If it will be confusing too for players (they can choose stuff that they can't use), then only activate this once a player reaches 50 or have it be activatable from the options screen.

Another possibility would be to make Orange quest rewards bound to account, so we can mail it to our armorcrafter, but this has a lot of additional implications that may be unwanted.

Valens_Andorius
03.20.2012 , 11:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PhaseB View Post
If one can reverse from Orange Gear now, PLEASE please expand the rewarded loot from Heroic Quests. Please allow us to pick the loot from any class, since that is where a lot of the Orange Gear "drops" and it is bound.

Otherwise, it will be impossible to get a lot of the schematics. If it will be confusing too for players (they can choose stuff that they can't use), then only activate this once a player reaches 50 or have it be activatable from the options screen.

Another possibility would be to make Orange quest rewards bound to account, so we can mail it to our armorcrafter, but this has a lot of additional implications that may be unwanted.
This is actually a good Idea. /sign
Everyday I'm Shuffling
55-Vaylrion Commando

Darzil
03.20.2012 , 11:39 AM | #17
Lots of nice changes.

The mention of rolling disassemble for items from which schematics can be learned is a little odd, unless it is moved to be higher than greed. At present, should you be wanting to gain materials and in future the schematic, you are currently rated lower than the person who wishes to sell to a vendor for credits.

I'd propose that disassemble only appear if you can disassemble that particular item and learn the schematic, and then be placed higher than greed, and lower than need.

Elarion
03.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #18
So I could potentially RE the Jedi Battlelord's chestguard and learn how to craft it? It's a really good idea but if it isn't 100% a lot of people won't chance it on some really expensive stuff, like the Battlelord's chest or rare quest rewards/instance drops.

Also is there specific gear that will be limited in how you can RE? For example if I am a Jedi Knight with Armormech for some reason. I do Trouble in Deed on Coruscant and get the orange Jedi Knight chestguard as a reward. Can I RE and learn how to make that as an Armormech or is it Sybertech only?
Corbec lvl 50 Vanguard - Master Dar'Nala
Atticus lvl 50 Guardian - Master Dar'Nala

mtth
03.20.2012 , 11:42 AM | #19
This is actually pretty embarrassing. These are your changes? 3 minute cooldown on Cybertech grenades? Literally, it should be 10 seconds! Haha

The only skill to pick still is biochem. Honestly, where is your QA? Horrible

Additionally, there are still no vehicles in the GTM. Why are Cybertech speeder schematics bind on creation to begin with? Really, really embarrassing. Again, where is the QA? Who are you people hiring? It's hilarious how poorly you people handle your product

Valens_Andorius
03.20.2012 , 11:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elarion View Post
So I could potentially RE the Jedi Battlelord's chestguard and learn how to craft it? It's a really good idea but if it isn't 100% a lot of people won't chance it on some really expensive stuff, like the Battlelord's chest or rare quest rewards/instance drops.
It will be an empty chest peice tho. You have to fill it with your own mods etc...
Everyday I'm Shuffling
55-Vaylrion Commando