Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joefjr
03.20.2012 , 04:49 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by jmarFTL View Post
No, you do a raid and you pull the armoring and mods out of the gear you get. If you like the appearance of the gear, then you RE it to learn the schematic. Or heck, just wear that gear if you don't care about augment slots, it's not like you NEED them anyways.

The point is to wear what you like, it doesn't do anything to stop progression. Stop overreacting to something you don't understand.
Thank You, you actually got the reasoning behind them doing this in the first place. I don't get why every one is upset about this, they are giving us more options.

MorgonKara
03.20.2012 , 04:55 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Joefjr View Post
Thank You, you actually got the reasoning behind them doing this in the first place. I don't get why every one is upset about this, they are giving us more options.
Yeah I'm actually looking forward to an end of the clone wars. In SWTOR endgame every character of the same class looks EXACTLY THE SAME.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Joefjr
03.20.2012 , 04:57 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Yeah I'm actually looking forward to an end of the clone wars. In SWTOR endgame every character of the same class looks EXACTLY THE SAME.
And companions to, now we can gear them up faster/easier and make em how we like.

Wepo
03.20.2012 , 04:59 PM | #134
Quote:
Since the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, the Crew Skill system has been incredibly popular. Every week in-game, 52 million items are produced or harvested,
Mr. Zoeller, "produced or harvested" could mean the 2 million players harvested or crafted 25 items or nodes. I'd hardly use that to cite it as "incredibly popular".

I do like most aspects of your game - with exception of space and crafting. I'm encouraged to see you have spent a lot of resources in this patch to crafting. I haven't even had a chance to look through all the notes yet, but I am encouraged. I hope that professions other than biochem become significantly more useful.

Please continue dedicating a portion of your resources to crafting and hopefully, eventually a free-flying space. Time to go see what you guys added.

Thanks for your hard work.

prodarkwolf
03.20.2012 , 05:12 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Joefjr View Post
ok then, for ignorant people like u, the bosses should drop only mods, armorings, enhacement etc no? we have too litle loot, only 1 set and cant chose any other item, and now the people want less loot ever, only gems not item.

craft is a secondary thing, this isnt a pvp game(like warhammer) so it is a PVE game, and yes, when someone kill a boss in operations and get something he MUST be able to equip it, when we must go to the auction house to buy the raid gear because the bosses drop the same gear but with 1 slot less will be the end of the mmorpg like we know them.

but of course, we have servers with a really low population, and this feels like a solo rpg so now we will be able to buy all our gear, and the clueless kids are happy since they will be able to buy the best gear. but are the same people that calls casual to someone who killed close to all in nigthmare and want to have a RAID armor that cant be buyed and weared by a lvl 10,....... nice

Danakar
03.20.2012 , 05:17 PM | #136
Quote:
Biochem

With BioChem being in a fairly good spot already, we are not making any major changes to the profession at this time.
Uhm, I'd say that 'phasing out' reusables is a pretty major change to the profession, Georg.

Now you expect us to pick flowers all day not just for public consumption, but for personal use as well. And from your lack of changes I gather that we're still going to need a ton of mats in order to make a single medpack/adrenal/stim?

So not only do I have the mundane task of gathering mats (because sending companions out would simply make the costs to produce anything even higher than they already are), I'm also expected to be a production line worker who churns out medpacks all day at below the value of material costs and don't even get the small perk of having a personal reusable for all my efforts in making products at a loss so other people can have their nom-nom candies?
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

MorgonKara
03.20.2012 , 05:18 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by prodarkwolf View Post
ok then, for ignorant people like u, the bosses should drop only mods, armorings, enhacement etc no? we havent too litle loot, only 1 set and cand chose any other item, and now the people want less loot ever, only gems not item.

craft is a secondary thing, this isnt a pvp game(like warhammer) so it is a PVE game, and yes, when u someone kill a boss in operations and get something he MUST be able to equip it, when we must go to the auction house to buy the raid gear because the bosses drop the same gear but with 1 slot less will be the end of the mmorpg like we know them.

but of course, we have servers with a really low population, and this feels like a solo rpg so now we will be able to buy all our gear, and the clueless kids are happy since they will be able to buy the best gear. but are the same people that calls casual to someone who killed close to all in nigthmare and want to have a RAID armor that cant be buyed and weared by a lvl 10,....... nice
huh?
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Regault
03.20.2012 , 05:21 PM | #138
Wow, people are twisting Georg's words to avoid reading the spirit of his post.

Obviously he means reverse engineering a modifiable item will result in learning the schematic for the orange shell of the item. The next sentence refers to crafting the item.

Also, nobody would reverse engineer an item just to get a one shot exact copy of the item, so people who think that's what he's saying fail logic forever.

Anyway, I just hope they add orange shell REs for the non-modifiable armor models in the game. Tactical Assault Chestguard and RD-12B War Chestguard are currently the best textures for the midlevel standard trooper armor model and neither of them are modifiable. There are also several armor models in the game currently exclusive to random greens. If you're a trooper, and you want plain metal armor without shoulderpads, your current options are all between level 8 and level 16.

I also hope they finally go back and make the various rare blue schematic Armstech weapons modifiable again. One of my favorite weapons in Beta was a Robocop looking pistol a crafter gifted my bounty hunter.

Rebeldad
03.20.2012 , 05:28 PM | #139
Nothing worth resubbing for. I am a crafter and I dont endorse this game.

ArzhAngel
03.20.2012 , 05:31 PM | #140
What happend to this Augments ?