Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joefjr
03.20.2012 , 04:23 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
SNIP

You quoting them was pointless i know that, you do realize that point of all this is we can look how we want and gear stats how we want. Whats wrong with that? They are making every thing more accessible to every one whats wrong with that?

Tarka
03.20.2012 , 04:24 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Joefjr View Post
You quoting them was pointless i know that, you do realize that point of all this is we can look how we want and gear stats how we want. Whats wrong with that?
See my previous posts. I'm done here.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

MorgonKara
03.20.2012 , 04:25 PM | #123
Man they added some character customization options and improved the usefulness of some of the crew skills and people are crying about it? Get a grip people.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Tarka
03.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Man they added some character customization options and improved the usefulness of some of the crew skills and people are crying about it? Get a grip people.
Perhaps those who are showing concern actually have a better "grip" on the situation than you think.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Joefjr
03.20.2012 , 04:28 PM | #125
See my previous posts. I'm done here.
U MAD BRO? sorry if i but hurt you...actually I'm not

lol did you read my previous post? guess not...

Perhaps those who are showing concern actually have a better "grip" on the situation than you think.

Nope they are the same people who left WoW cause they made it easier for the casual game, and i hope they leave this to.

EchoTwoOmega
03.20.2012 , 04:29 PM | #126
The update is really good.
Is it perfect? no. But its still really good.

Far far far too many people are far far far too focused on "end game" only. There are TONS of other crafting recipes sub 50 that sell VERY well.

As people begin to level atls they buy a lot of gear off the GTN. And since they have disposable income I Am am more then happy to allow them to dispose of their income to me.
Squadron 367

prodarkwolf
03.20.2012 , 04:29 PM | #127
TOTALLY AGREE.

the thing is, now u have lots of orange gear if u want that look,
after the patch u will have close to the same orange items, but will have to break hundreds of them in order to get the recipe. and raid people will have to break the items that they loot if they want that look do u think that it is fair??? OMG

Laurreth
03.20.2012 , 04:34 PM | #128
Any thoughts on item decay to produce some lasting steady demand? So far, the economy is depending on player churn except for Biochem and Cybertech which appear to be the only professions to make actual consumables.

I'm not saying the epic armor that took forever and a fortune to make should just go pop and vanish, but maybe some powerful mods and augments could be timed and override existing slotted mods for their duration instead of replacing them, or some professions could upgrade items to the next higher tier, or "overdrive" them over their normal maximum durability for a while, giving them a small overall boost (at that point, it'd be useful to somehow incorporate the trading window into the crafting process...).

Crafting is also one of the few places left in the game that would allow for real social content! Give us some trash professions like fishing or digging for sand on Tatooine! Do Vanguard's player housing right. Give us something that's not "go to the green quest marker and make ist stop blinking".

MorgonKara
03.20.2012 , 04:40 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by prodarkwolf View Post
TOTALLY AGREE.

the thing is, now u have lots of orange gear if u want that look,
after the patch u will have close to the same orange items, but will have to break hundreds of them in order to get the recipe. and raid people will have to break the items that they loot if they want that look do u think that it is fair??? OMG
I don't see the issue. When you have multiples of the same item, for example, the same raid chest piece, what are you going to do with it anyways? Sell it to the junk vendor? At least now you can strip the stats off of it and put them on a custom piece of gear and reverse engineer the "shell" to learn a schematic.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

jmarFTL
03.20.2012 , 04:42 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by prodarkwolf View Post
if this go live like that will kill the game, or at least lot of people will quit ( me and everyone on my guild at least)

all the critical craft with augment thing is absurd and the worst idea possible, they could have made a buckle to add an augment in everyitem (armormech would do it for ranged weapons, synt for force armors etc) so crafter would gain someting and woldnt kill the game.

like it is now, everyone will be forced to break every item that drops with better stats( or better look, or higher prestige one, like nigthmode operations per example) and the chances to get the schematics arent 100% i think.

SO, with this nigthmare that they call a patch we will go to the new operation, something drops, we break it, and we can gain NOTHING, so we need to spend dkp again when it drops untill we get the schematic, and of course, armormech and synthweaving will be THE ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE tradeskills now, great. they nerfed biochem many times because we was forced to have it, but didnt learn nothing and they are doing the same mistake again.

short answer: we will be forced to have syntweaving or armormech so wrong here.

we will be forced to break every item that drops( since u will want to have the latest nigthmare operation gear)and it wont have 100% chance to get the schematic.

we wont change the gear never, since lvl 10 gear will be THE SAME as lvl 100000000 mega nigthmare 100people operation.

tat least the operation gear MUST HAVE the augment slot on it, so the people that et together to kill a boss and get an item can equip it, it is more fair than a lvl 10 getting that look on the auction house for money.

Some fix to this: the buckle idea like i said.

or the Look Tab,

u can do many things, but pls forget this awfull idea
No, you do a raid and you pull the armoring and mods out of the gear you get. If you like the appearance of the gear, then you RE it to learn the schematic. Or heck, just wear that gear if you don't care about augment slots, it's not like you NEED them anyways.

The point is to wear what you like, it doesn't do anything to stop progression. Stop overreacting to something you don't understand.