Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dnoisette
03.20.2012 , 03:28 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyBing View Post
Thank goodness BW developers have all these armchair critics that comment on the forums, I shudder to think of the state the game would be in without them...
We're being asked for feedback...what would one hold back his/her thoughts ?

TonyBing
03.20.2012 , 03:29 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
I know, they could be arrogant and believe that THEY know best. Like all the other MMO's over the last 5 or so years.

God forbid a dev should ever put themselves into a situation whereby the players actually suggest things that the devs didn't comprehend. Like a "Ready Check" button.

Oh wait.......
Whats this got to do with what I just said about all the armchair critics?

dnoisette
03.20.2012 , 03:32 PM | #103
Ok, this is going down a dangerous road, for the sake of the thread, let's stay on topic.

Darth_Dreselus
03.20.2012 , 03:32 PM | #104
I wonder will Armourmechs, Amrstechs and Sythweavers only be able to RE orange gear as sold in stores/looted in order to obtain a 4 slot version? Or does this also apply to purple modifiable gear (Columi/Rakata) Not that as a sage I want a modifiable version of the ugly tier gear but I am wondering about the concept.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Tarka
03.20.2012 , 03:33 PM | #105
Obviously the point was too subtle.

MMO devs are not omnipotent gods.
They don't know everything. They don't think of everything.
And sometimes, just sometimes, the players can offer inspiration to the devs. Inspiration that can lead to ideas and thoughts they didn't concieve of before.

They are only human.

It's shocking, I know.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

jmarFTL
03.20.2012 , 03:42 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
The irony is, it is in Bioware's best interest to keep people doing things like FP's and Op's in order to maintain sub levels. So, that means an increase in the number of items dropping which in turn means an increase in the number of items being sold on the GTN from schematics gained from RE'ing those FP items. Potentiallly resulting an abundance of each item on the GTN. With each instance of said item looking the same.
...which is where the crafter, who has taken the time to go run lower level and heroic flashpoints in order to find in-demand schematics, comes in and puts up his orange augmented armor for sale, which looks nothing like those items but is still just as effective.

This has never been about raids and hard mode flashpoints. You seem to be under the impression that the only things crafters are getting is the ability to craft level 50 stuff. That's why you keep saying things like you'll need to raid to craft. It's NOT that.

ALL orange armor in the game is RE'able with a learnable schematic. All of it. All the way back to the starter planet. You keep saying "the same item" over and over but the appearance variation literally includes all of the armor in the game at the time. The people who take the time to go back and farm these items to learn schematics will benefit. The people who'd rather not, will pay for them.

Mercykiller
03.20.2012 , 03:42 PM | #107
My questions are actually fairly specific:

1. Will I be able to RE the sweet looking black and red Trooper Battlemaster armor to get one with aug slots and the ability to make more of them for both my pvp and pve sets? (I really really like that set).

2. If you RE a class or side specific item (say, for example, the chest and pants of the Sith Sorceror PvP sets) and then make new possible aug-slot versions can you then sell them on the Nar Shadda neutral GTN to yourself or others from the other side? In other words, can your dark side consular look like an inquisitor (all the best fashion designers seem to work for Team Evil lol)? On the opposite side of that, can you RE Trooper armor for example and sell the new orange versions to Bounty Hunters that like the look better?

dnoisette
03.20.2012 , 03:42 PM | #108
I think I'm just gonna wait and see until the devs shed some light on all of this (hopefully sometime soon ? ).

Anyway, skipping details, I'm glad that they seem to have listened to the community for once and I'm looking forward to some more informations on this.

Tarka
03.20.2012 , 03:44 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by jmarFTL View Post
...which is where the crafter, who has taken the time to go run lower level and heroic flashpoints in order to find in-demand schematics, comes in and puts up his orange augmented armor for sale, which looks nothing like those items but is still just as effective.

This has never been about raids and hard mode flashpoints. You seem to be under the impression that the only things crafters are getting is the ability to craft level 50 stuff. That's why you keep saying things like you'll need to raid to craft. It's NOT that.

ALL orange armor in the game is RE'able with a learnable schematic. All of it. All the way back to the starter planet. You keep saying "the same item" over and over but the appearance variation literally includes all of the armor in the game at the time. The people who take the time to go back and farm these items to learn schematics will benefit. The people who'd rather not, will pay for them.
We aren't going to agree on this. You have this romantic notion that with everything being moddable, then there's infinite variation. Well there is: for the buyer. Not for the crafter who is forced to make the same critted "XYZ moddable Chest item" as all the other crafters who have bought up the item from the GTN and RE'd them.

Boom, everyone can make the same items:
  • No variation created from limited availability. Because ALL those fancy moddable items that are throughout the game are sitting on the GTN waiting to be bought and RE'd.
  • No variation created by the possibility of introducing variance in aesthetics during crafting involving any one schematic. Because variation in colour is put into the hands of the owner of the item, not the crafter.
Btw, you DO realise that as of 1.2 the FP and Ops gear becomes fully moddable AND RE'able don't you? Why bother running a flashpoint for gear, when you can just buy it at a low price on the GTN due to it being in abundance?

Sometimes, too much of something can be a bad thing.

I suggest we drop this conversation, neither of us is going to convince the other.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

dnoisette
03.20.2012 , 03:46 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercykiller View Post

2. If you RE a class or side specific item (say, for example, the chest and pants of the Sith Sorceror PvP sets) and then make new possible aug-slot versions can you then sell them on the Nar Shadda neutral GTN to yourself or others from the other side? In other words, can your dark side consular look like an inquisitor (all the best fashion designers seem to work for Team Evil lol)? On the opposite side of that, can you RE Trooper armor for example and sell the new orange versions to Bounty Hunters that like the look better?
Not sure about that but I have an inner feeling that won't be possible given the current design of the neutral GTN.