Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Take Part in our upcoming Weekend Pass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Take Part in our upcoming Weekend Pass
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nadokaoh
03.22.2012 , 12:24 PM | #21
I hope they keep doing free weekends up until the week before 1.2 launches

Vinak
03.22.2012 , 03:22 PM | #22
Will I give somebody a weekend pass? *shakes magic 8-ball* ...Don't count on it.
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

KurleyKilla
03.22.2012 , 05:20 PM | #23
[QUOTE=Nordicul;3558015]
Quote: Originally Posted by KurleyKilla View Post
Yea the thing about the subscription numbers (statistics) they release is that... they don't actually mean much of anything. I think last I heard it was 1.7 million?

DUDE SRSLY the game is 3 months old even wow had maxx 3 milion players in the first months , w8 ffs it will be good later , damn i hate rage kids.. and btw they diden't even release it in all the country's ..
Lol I never mentioned WoW... but really it had double the players SWTOR did in the first 3 months...? Doesn't that just make things look worse? I don't get your point...

"FFs wait"? "The game will be good LATER"... are you serious!!!? Do you really not see a problem with that? That is absolutely insane to me..

The game is 15 dollars a month, and 69 dollars too buy... and I have to wait for it to actually be good.... and I'm a "rage kid" for thinking that is stupid!?

Give your head a shake.

I am not even talking about end game content.... The game has a myriad of issues from bugs and graphic issues, to the broken gameplay issues such as ability delay, warzone lag, all the FP with those Line of sight bugs that still exist since launch... and yes the end game PVP planet of Ilum.... etc etc etc

Wait for it to get good?..... you must be trolling..

bzerko
03.23.2012 , 02:28 AM | #24
Yea the thing about the subscription numbers (statistics) they release is that... they don't actually mean much of anything. I think last I heard it was 1.7 million?

I paid for 60 days of game time up front, meaning I am still technically subscribed. As are at least 4 people that I know. None of us are currently playing. BUT, we are still part of that statistic... we are considered paying subscribers... the same is true for many many people.

Shadowtown, my server of choice has on average at peak times 50-60 people in fleet, my guild "Curb your Imperialism" used to be one of the higher population guilds on the server.

I am not exaggerating when I say that near the end of my time playing SWTOR. I logged into the game regularly with 0 guildies..... (the guild has over 100 members) call me ignorant but... I have never in my life seen that first hand.

Even if I talk in general chat and ask Un-Biased people playing the game... they tell me that population has dropped, but they believe it is just the server.

For them to use the 1.7 million subscriber statistic as a representation of the success of this broken game is laughable.... it really doesn't mean anything... I am currently a paid subscriber until my card runs out... as are most of my friends who decided to throw caution to the wind and buy 60 days up front.... I lasted longer then anyone I know... the rest have long moved on.

Edit: and yes of course some people like the game... There is a certain group of people that like virtually anything you can think of in the world...

But even people who like aspects of the game can admit that it is severely lacking in many areas. I gave it a very fair shake, and ya know.. It was not bad for a little bit... but to pay 15 dollars a month for this garbage is insane...Ilum doesn't even work at all.. come on people...
Well said.

I'm a high ranked pvper on The Harbringer, and this has been on my mind as of late. Recently re-subbed thinking 1.2 was out, only to find that it had been pushed back... this game has nothing to offer end-game wise and PvP is repetitive and grindy.

Most nights ill bring the issues plaguing this game up in General chat and recieve nothing but your bog-standard "QQ more" or "go back to WoW" responses, simply put - people arent interested in hearing the truth of the game. Bioware has lulled new players into thinking that this game is everything they want Star Wars to be, unfortunately the truth is that this game was badly made and people just dont want to see it.

I will stay subbed until 1.2, but to be honest I'm struggling to find reasons why.

Exirth
03.23.2012 , 03:41 AM | #25
I think this is a good move from them giving out more trials. I tried out last weeks one with my cousin and we both liked and bought the game. I don't know how end game content is but so far we're loving the game.

princey
03.23.2012 , 04:34 AM | #26

Lol I never mentioned WoW... but really it had double the players SWTOR did in the first 3 months...? Doesn't that just make things look worse? I don't get your point...
Just want to correct this. It took WoW more than 3 months to get over 1 million subs. Probably had 500-800k after 3 months (and no one was panicking ).

Ingromar
03.23.2012 , 04:58 AM | #27
First let me say I have played just about every mmo on the market starting with UO ( ultima online ) for those not old enough or who had not heard of UO before this post.....
And I have to say while the story lines of this game are decent and the gameplay is ok (ignoring the bugs and graphic problems stated in other posts because i have seen much worse on other MMOS)
I have to say that this game lacks in alot of areas, yes the first few times runing a character up were fun as you didnt know the story lines or the outcome/result of the choices you made unless of course you browsed the internet and got the answer before hand..... ( Which in my opinion ruins the fun of having choices if you know the end result already)
But after having done it a few times it gets old, and as people have said there is not much endgame content for those who have reached 50 and the pvp is boring.....
In my honest opinion SWG when first released was a much better game than this, if they had added these style of story lines to SWG ..... well its just too bad they put that old dog down really......
SWG offered more choices had more content more areas to explore, entire planets as opposed to just tiny sections of a planet, player housing is definately missed here in swtor and the space combat is pathetic compared to the space combat they had in SWG jump to light speed.
Yes Lucas arts and SOE really screwed up SWG but it could have been saved...... Will BW be able to save this game from the same fate as SWG???
Honestly I doubt it, there are too many limitations and not enough choices and options in this game Character creation is lame, the race selection stinks if they are not going to add more in the future like the trandoshans Rodians Ithorians and Bothans not to mention the cathra.
The crafting system is ok but could be alot better, and as another poster stated, the crew skill missions for scavenging archeology and bio should not really be available people should have to wander and explore to find the rare items they need to craft something difficult. And honestly the gear that is extreemly hard to craft and extreemly difficult to find the materials to make should be the best in the game not something that drops off of a world boss or and instance boss people craft to get a sense of having achieved something and want to show that achievement off, not see everyone else running arround with that same thing on .
Sorry just ranting in general honestly i dont thnk anyone will ever put out an MMORPG that will have everything that everyone wants it to have, I think that was already done back with UO and then all the crybabies ruined that game..... of course that was a long time ago and MMO's have changed over the years but most are just themepark games where you choose a path and are stuck with it ........ while i favor the sandbox style game that was UO, unfortunately the newer Sandbox games like MO are first person view which i dislike or I'd probably be playing that.......

OrshabaalLord
03.23.2012 , 12:19 PM | #28
I love the idea of giving players a free weekend. My friends can try it and also play along side with me to a certain level. Uhm 4 days sounds so bad? Lol really? People are dumb if they think that.
The Harbinger

Subtrance
03.25.2012 , 12:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Exirth View Post
I think this is a good move from them giving out more trials. I tried out last weeks one with my cousin and we both liked and bought the game. I don't know how end game content is but so far we're loving the game.
Ya, I got to try it and ended up liking it. Not regretting it either. My buddies kept going on about it saying how awesome it is so I joined up on the first one and brought those that didn't play along with me into the game. Playing it as much as I can. Like these trailed events, get those stuck on a fence to try it (such as myself).

The only downside I see right now are the negative lemmings, no Pazaak, and poor space. Though, I do like what we got so far just as long as Bioware keeps adding stuff into SWTOR as much as Minecraft updates . I do wish SWTOR ends up regaining the awesomness that SWG had before NGE hit.

To the people saying their guilds dried up and friends poofed - Hype! Don't be lemmings and play games YOU want to play. Think for yourself, not what others want you to do.

RomerioLopez
03.25.2012 , 11:16 PM | #30
I support the weekend pass idea, but not at the expense of existing customers

1/ NEVER take down the game to patch in support for Free players
2/ Give paying customers priority access in a Queue. If there is 10 Free players, and 10 Paying players in a Queue for a server, make sure the 10 Paying players get in first. Allow them to access the service they are paying for.

It is easier to keep an existing customer than it is to get a new one, but once an existing customer has left, they are much harder to entice back.