Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A clarification on PVP gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CameronWinston
03.20.2012 , 09:52 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The new Recruit gear introduced in Game Update 1.2 will not replace existing Champion gear on players that already have it. Existing Champion gear remains superior to Recruit gear but can no longer be acquired.

We have also made modifications to the stat composition of Rakata gear which will result in an update of Rakata enhancements on select gear pieces. If those enhancements have been switched out for others, no changes will be made to the item in question.

- Cameron

Raansu
03.21.2012 , 10:42 PM | #2
Why is champion gear being taken out of the game for future players? Is there a set replacing it?

Raurok
03.21.2012 , 10:46 PM | #3
Will champion gear need the original mods in it to be made 'superior' to recruit champion gear?

-Sithis-
03.21.2012 , 10:47 PM | #4
So what you are saying is that by changing the mods in all of my BM gear, which is something we were encouraged to do by the Devs at the Guild Summit, I have been excluded from the upgrade path to the new BM stats?

So essentially, the 3 months I've spent opening BM bags is now rendered useless due to the fact that my BM gear will have 50 expertise per piece where the new set has 100.

So if I understand correctly, 2 weeks ago I was told by you to re-mod my Tier 3 gear to get rid of your awful stats, and now I learn that by doing so I have voided my previous efforts and will accordingly have to gear up all over again after 1.2.

Seems legit.

Edit: These conclusions are derived from other yellow posts that have popped up in various threads about the issue. From what I have gathered, only BM/Rakata with original mods will be upgraded. The new BM will have much higher expertise and may have higher primary/secondary stats as well (I don't know what changes, if any, are being made to the primary/secondary stats), requiring me and all the other top-end pvpers to get a whole new set of BM because we got rid of the Accuracy on our old set.

Iwipe
03.21.2012 , 11:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Why is champion gear being taken out of the game for future players? Is there a set replacing it?
Yes a set you can purchase for credits - called the Recruit set. Its only 128 rating compared to 136 rating.

You can see some difference here.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...earchanges.jpg

Rasheth
03.21.2012 , 11:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raurok View Post
Will champion gear need the original mods in it to be made 'superior' to recruit champion gear?
Yes you need to put your original mods back in prior to 1.2 to get the upgraded stuff though the current champ gear isnt upgraded
Warkat "Im not Known thats why im on a thread list labeled Best PvPers of each class on my server group Death Wind Corridor forums k." <-- Priceless

Rasheth
03.21.2012 , 11:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sithis- View Post
So what you are saying is that by changing the mods in all of my BM gear, which is something we were encouraged to do by the Devs at the Guild Summit, I have been excluded from the upgrade path to the new BM stats?

So essentially, the 3 months I've spent opening BM bags is now rendered useless due to the fact that my BM gear will have 50 expertise per piece where the new set has 100.

So if I understand correctly, 2 weeks ago I was told by you to re-mod my Tier 3 gear to get rid of your awful stats, and now I learn that by doing so I have voided my previous efforts and will accordingly have to gear up all over again after 1.2.

Seems legit.

Edit: These conclusions are derived from other yellow posts that have popped up in various threads about the issue. From what I have gathered, only BM/Rakata with original mods will be upgraded. The new BM will have much higher expertise and may have higher primary/secondary stats as well (I don't know what changes, if any, are being made to the primary/secondary stats), requiring me and all the other top-end pvpers to get a whole new set of BM because we got rid of the Accuracy on our old set.
For BM gear if your mods are taken out they wont be upgraded if you put them back in your bm gear they will be upgraded.
Warkat "Im not Known thats why im on a thread list labeled Best PvPers of each class on my server group Death Wind Corridor forums k." <-- Priceless

Kaze-Yama
03.21.2012 , 11:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
The new Recruit gear introduced in Game Update 1.2 will not replace existing Champion gear on players that already have it. Existing Champion gear remains superior to Recruit gear but can no longer be acquired.

We have also made modifications to the stat composition of Rakata gear which will result in an update of Rakata enhancements on select gear pieces. If those enhancements have been switched out for others, no changes will be made to the item in question.

- Cameron
I fail to see how you consider Champion gear "superior" to recruit gear. Sure it has better base stats but the expertise is much worse.

Also with whatever behind the scenes changes made to stats we have no way of knowing whether the superior stats offset the hit we are taking to expertise. Also regardless of whether it somehow ends up being overall better than recruit gear you can't deny the fact that it will not as close to performance with BM gear as it used to be.

The ignorance of Bioware to not adjust expertise values on Champion gear the same way they did to BM gear still has no explanation aside from not caring about their customers.

BM gear does not lose any performance since its stats are the same but its expertise gets buffed. Champ gear loses performance significantly since expertise is not adjusted.

If anyone knows how to do the math I am really interested to know whether or not champion gear is really "better" than recruit gear.

cashogy
03.21.2012 , 11:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sithis- View Post

Seems legit.

qfe. this is a huge issue, and bioware needs to put in some effort and fix this. they say one thing and do another, which is a pattern that is quickly developing
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Markn
03.21.2012 , 11:38 PM | #10
If you replaced the BM gear with BM Mods the mods will still go up. My understanding is expertise is on the armoring mod which you cannot change anyway so that should go up for everyone and if its not then its on the base item which would mean it still goes up for everyone if you modded the item or not.

If you replaced the BM mods with Rakata mods hope you saved the BM ones its something I always do in case i wanna try a new build later. Not saving the mods is your fault not biowares.

EITHERWAY BM gear cost warzone commendations now youll be able to get 2-3 pieces a day if you pvp a lot and the new recruit gear cost 22k credits per piece or so. You will be fine in ranked warzones with whatever mods you put in im sure of that.